Read these Cinderella quotes and be encouraged to follow your dreams till the end!
Cinderella is like an ember from the fire that keeps on burning. No matter how much her stepmother and stepsisters oppressed her, she never lost hope. And, more than that, she only showed kindness and courage toward them.
Her qualities make us believe she’s one of the most inspiring Disney princesses ever created. Cinderella encourages us to dream, no matter how far away those dreams may seem. Additionally, she allows us to cultivate only positive things in our hearts, even if our lives are filled with negativity.
By doing so, she met her fairy godmother, who gave her strength and hope. Cinderella also met her prince charming, who made her believe that true love exists.
Check out our list of inspiring words from Cinderella and the other characters! We’ve got the most meaningful Cinderella quotes just for you.
Start reading below.
And don’t forget to check out these Maleficent quotes and Spirited Away quotes.
Best Cinderella Quotes
1. “But we have to hurry because even miracles take a little time.” – Fairy Godmother
2. “Well, there’s one thing: they can’t order me to stop dreaming.” – Cinderella
3. “‘Cause if you tell a wish, it won’t come true.” – Cinderella
4. “Well, why not? After all, I’m still a member of the family, and it said, ‘By royal command, every eligible maiden is to attend.’” – Cinderella
5. “If you’d lost all your faith, I couldn’t be here. And here I am!” – Fairy Godmother
6. “Oh, no. No, it isn’t true. It’s just no use. No use at all. I can’t believe—not anymore. There’s nothing left to believe in. Nothing.” – Cinderella
7. “Oh, well. What’s a royal ball? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and boring, and completely—completely wonderful.” – Cinderella
8. “Your Majesty, I see no point in beating about the bush. I regret to inform you, sire, that the young lady has disappeared, leaving behind only this glass slipper.” – The Grand Duke
9. “I’m not getting any younger, you know. I want to see my grandchildren before I go.” – The King
10. “My son has been avoiding his responsibilities long enough. It’s high time he married and settled down.” – The King
Cinderella Quotes for Everyone With Dreams
11. “Oh, it’s a beautiful dress! Did you ever see such a beautiful dress? And look! Glass slippers. Why, it’s like a dream. A wonderful dream come true.” – Cinderella
12. “But like all dreams, I’m afraid this won’t last forever.” – Fairy Godmother
13. “Well, serves you right, spoiling people’s best dreams.” – Cinderella
14. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams, you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.” – Cinderella
15. “Thank you. Thank you so much, for everything.” – Cinderella
16. “So I’ll trust my heart; what else can I do? I can’t live in dreams if my dreams are to come true.” – Cinderella
Cinderella Quotes That Will Take You Back to Your Favorite Fairy Tale
17. “Love. Ha! Just a matter of a boy meeting a girl under the right conditions.” – The King
18. “Why, that means I can go too!” – Cinderella
19. “Soft lights, romantic music, all the trimmings! It can’t possibly fail!” – The King
20. “The Prince, sire, swears he’ll marry none but the girl who fits this slipper.” – The Grand Duke
21. “If there’s any chance to set things right, I simply got to try.” – Cinderella
22. “Your Grace, please wait! May I try it on?” – Cinderella
23. “But, you see, I have the other slipper.” – Cinderella
24. “Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. ‘Come on, get up.’ You say, ‘Time to start another day.’ Even he orders me around.” – Cinderella
Cinderella Quotes to Read Day in and Day Out
25. “On the stroke of 12, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before.” – Fairy Godmother
26. “My orders were, ‘Every maiden.’ Come, my child.” – The Grand Duke
27. “It is a little snug. But it’ll have to do! Now, for a name. I’ve got one. Octavius. But for short, we’ll call you Gus.” – Cinderella
28. “Well, I see no reason why you can’t go, if you get all your work done. And if you can find something suitable to wear.” – Lady Tremaine
29. “Above all: self-control.” – Lady Tremaine
30. “Well, if I may say so, Your Majesty, I did try to warn you, but you, sire, are incurably romantic. No doubt you saw the whole pretty picture in detail. The young Prince bowing to the assembly. Suddenly, he stops. He looks up. For, lo, there she stands. The girl of his dreams. Who she is or whence she came, he knows not. Nor does he care. But his heart tells him that here, here is the maid predestined to be his bride. A pretty plot for fairy tales, sire, but in real life. Oh no, no. It was foredoomed to failure.” – The Grand Duke
More Cinderella Quotes From the Live-Action Movie Packed With Nostalgic Lines
31. “When there is kindness, there is goodness. When there is goodness, there is magic.” – Ella’s Mother
32. “I have to tell you a secret that will see you through all the trials that life can offer: have courage and be kind.” – Ella’s Mother
33. Cinderella: “Mr. Lizard, I’m scared. I’m only a girl, not a princess.”
Lizard Footman: “And I’m only a lizard, not a footman. Enjoy it while it lasts.”
34. Lady Tremaine: “What on earth have you been doing?”
Cinderella: “Dreaming, that’s all.”
Lady Tremaine: “Well, then wake up!”
35. Ella’s Mother: “Do you still believe that they understand you?”
Ella: “Don’t they, Mother?”
Ella’s Mother:” Oh yes. I believe that animals listen and speak to us if we only have the ear for it. That’s how we learn to look after them.”
Ella: “Who looks after us?”
Ella’s Mother: “Fairy godmothers, of course.”
Ella: “And do you believe in them?”
Ella’s Mother: “I believe in everything.”
Ella: “Then I believe in everything, too!”
Do You Believe That Life Is Magical?
We are given our own set of cards in life. Some of those will lead us to the most painful times of our lives, and some will help us reach our highest highs. However, because the journey is not the same for everyone, some have it harder than others.
Take Cinderella as an example. She lost her mother when she was young, her father died, and she was left in her evil stepmother and stepsisters’ hands. Cinderella was oppressed and abused, and we can’t blame her if she lost all her zest for life.
Yet, that didn’t happen because Cinderella maintained a positive outlook and personality. She was kind and brave, and she never stopped dreaming of better days to come. Cinderella also found friends in the most unlikely places, befriending animals.
All these contributed to her happily ever after. Without them, there’s no doubt that Cinderella would forever be stuck in the claws of her stepfamily.
So, like her, keep on dreaming, never lose sight of what gives you hope, and be kind and courageous at all times. As they say, we should never do unto others what we don’t want to be done unto us. Remember the lessons you’ve learned from Cinderella and start living life more meaningfully and purposefully!