Your heart will definitely be filled with boldness through the wise words and pieces of advice from these Daredevil quotes we’ve compiled.
Daredevil is a television series based on the Marvel Comic of the same name. The plot revolves around Matt Murdock, a lawyer by day and a crime fighter by night.
Also known as the Man Without Fear, Daredevil is a blind man who took the path of being a hero vigilante. Despite his visual disability, his strong courage paved the way for him to fight for justice. His goal is to serve the people and, through that, become an inspiration to many.
So, if you are interested in our unusual but extraordinary hero, then add this to your must-read list now. Get some life-changing lessons from Daredevil by checking out our complete collection below.
Let’s get started.
And make sure to read these The Punisher quotes and The Flash quotes.
Best Daredevil Quotes
1. “Wind blows the hardest the closer you get to the mountain top.” – Leland Owlsley
2. “One man can make a difference.” – Matt Murdock
3. “I’m not seeking penance for what I’ve done, Father. I’m asking for forgiveness for what I’m about to do.” – Matt Murdock
4. “We come into this world who we are. And maybe we get a little nicer or a little angrier, but we can’t change our fundamental nature.” – Matt Murdock
5. “When someone in need tries to push you away, you have to find the strength to hold on tighter.” – Maggie Grace
6. “Violence doesn’t discriminate. It hits all of us—the rich, the poor, the healthy, the sick. It comes as cold and bracing as a winter breeze off the Hudson. Until it sinks into your bones, leaving you with a chill you can’t shake.” – Matt Murdock
7. “Guilt can be a good thing. It’s the soul’s call to action. The guilt means your work is not yet finished.” – Father Paul Lantom
8. “The wheel constantly turns. We must adapt to its position or be crushed beneath it.” – Madame Gao
9. “I play the long game. When I’m finally let out of this cage, it won’t be to wage war. It will be to win one.” – Wilson Fisk
10. “Growing to love something is really simply forgetting slowly what you dislike about it.” – James Wesley
11. “Problems are just opportunities that haven’t presented themselves.” – Wilson Fisk
12. “My years on this earth have taught me there is nothing more important than love. I didn’t have much of it. And when it was offered to me, I was too afraid to accept it.” – Esther Falb
13. “Sometimes, even when you get knocked down, you can still win.” – Jack Murdock
14. “They say the past is etched in stone, but it isn’t. It’s smoke trapped in a closed room, swirling, changing, buffeted by the passing of years and wishful thinking. But even though our perception of it changes, one thing remains constant. The past can never be completely erased. It lingers. Like the scent of burning wood.” – James Wesley
Iconic Daredevil Quotes That Will Be Etched in Our Hearts Forever
15. “I’m Daredevil. Not even God can stop that now.” – Matt Murdock
16. “There are no heroes, no villains. Just people with different agendas.” – Ben Urich
17. “I’d rather die as the Devil than live as Matt Murdock.” – Matt Murdock
18. “Smart doesn’t come out of books. Smart is making the right decision at the right time.” – Stick
19. “You hit them, and they get back up. I hit them, and they stay down.” – Frank Castle
20. “The law couldn’t do anything to help that little girl, but I could.” – Matt Murdock
21. “They say your whole life flashes before your eyes when you die. And it’s true, even for a blind man.” – Matt Murdock
22. “And how do you know the angels and the Devil inside me aren’t the same things?” – Matt Murdock
23. “Maybe, maybe we created him. All of us. The moment that we let Daredevil or the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen, or whatever it is.” – Karen Page
24. “These questions of good and evil have no place in a court of law, only the facts matter.” – Matt Murdock
25. “I gotta say, sometimes, sometimes I think you really just might be the Devil.” – Frank Castle
26. “I’m not trying to be a hero. I’m just a guy that got fed up with men like you, and I decided to do something about it.” – Matt Murdock
27. “People that can hurt you, the ones that can really hurt you, are the ones that are close enough to do it.” – Frank Castle
28. “Another man’s evil does not make you good. Men have used the atrocities of their enemies to justify their own throughout history.” – Father Paul Lantom
Meaningful Daredevil Quotes to Learn More About Yourself and the World
29. “We all pay for our choices.” – Stick
30. “We don’t get to pick the things that fix us, Red. Make us whole. Make us feel purpose. My moment of clarity? It came from the strangest of places.” – Frank Castle
31. “Time and distance, they afford a certain clarity.” – Wilson Fisk
32. “There is goodness in people, even in you.” – Matt Murdock
33. “War changes people. Sometimes, they see things they can’t unsee. Come home to find home is not there anymore. It changed.” – Matt Murdock
34. “Revenge won’t make the pain go away. Trust me.” – Matt Murdock
35. “So the question you have to ask yourself is: are you struggling with the fact that you don’t wanna kill this man, but have to? Or that you don’t have to kill him but want to?” – Father Paul Lantom
36. “They say there’s no rest for the wicked, but what about the good?” – Matt Murdock
37. “In each of us, there is a world, webbing out, reaching others, creating reactions. Sometimes equal, sometimes opposite.” – Father Paul Lantom
38. “It’s painful, raising children. We spend our lives teaching them to be strong, to be independent. Not realizing that once we have achieved that, they are no longer in our control.” – Nobu Yoshioka
39. “Listen, revenge can feel like the only thing that matters, but I’ve been down that road. It’s empty. Even if you get what you think you want, it doesn’t change anything. The past is still the past.” – Matt Murdock
Daredevil Quotes That’ll Give You Goosebumps
40. “It means that I am not the Samaritan. That I’m not the priest or the Levite. That I am the ill intent who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on.” – Wilson Fisk
41. “Everyone warned me that prison would be an inhumane environment. It is, but I find it refreshing. The perfect microcosm of the animal world. When an animal wants something, when it needs something, other things need to be stepped on.” – Wilson Fisk
42. “You can build a prison of stone and steel, but you merely present the prisoner with a challenge. Any truly determined man will find a way out. But love, love is the perfect prison.” – Wilson Fisk
43. “No prison can keep me, you know that. Come on! Kill me!” – Wilson Fisk
More Daredevil Quotes for Everyone Who Loves the Series
44. “You tell me what you understand about God.” – Matt Murdock
45. “I need to be the man this city needs.” – Matt Murdock
46. “I would help those that others wouldn’t. I would seek justice one way or another.” – Matt Murdock
47. “There are days when I believe, and others when I have lost all faith.” – Matt Murdock
48. “There’s one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive, and that’s you.” – Matt Murdock
49. “Good men died tonight. You will make their sacrifice worth something, or you can shove our deal up your ass.” – Rahul Nadeem
50. “We’re all broken. The point is that you find a person whose broken pieces fit with yours.” – Vanessa Marianna
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Be More Like Daredevil?
All of us have felt fear in our lives. It is an emotion that paralyzes us and stops us from moving forward. But, the only way we can grow and live our lives the way we want to is through overcoming them.
Matt Murdock proved this in the process of fully embracing his Daredevil side. He accepted his mortality, the possibility of making mistakes, and failing in his missions along the way. Through this, he filled himself with courage and never hesitated to back out from saving another person’s life.
We can all learn from Daredevil, mainly because fear is a universally relatable feeling. Watching him succeed also pushes us to move past our comfort zones and reach our dreams in life.
There are a lot of lessons from the Daredevil characters’ lines. Remember them, apply them in your life, and let them burn in your heart!
Which Daredevil quote is your favorite? What is your biggest takeaway from the series? Leave a comment below!