Let these Friday Night Lights quotes inspire you to persevere and work hard for your dreams.
Friday Night Lights is a sports drama TV series based on a book written by H.G. Bissinger. It revolves around the story of a high school football team in Texas playing hard for success.
As you watch the show, you will immediately relate to the struggles that the Dillon Panthers are going through. They are one of the best football teams in Texas.
But, because of this standing, they have immense pressure inside and outside the field.
The series also tackles issues commonly experienced in American culture. Family, racism, drugs, and economic standing are all matters that affect our success.
By diving into these topics, Friday Night Lights became even more relevant to viewers across America and the world.
No doubt, with Friday Night Lights, we get to watch an entertaining sports series and, at the same time, learn a lot from it.
Don’t miss out on these wise and motivational quotes by scrolling through our whole collection!
The list below contains the best lines that will surely tug at your heartstrings, make you emotional, and inspire you in life.
Let’s get started.
Best Friday Night Lights Quotes
1. “Don’t quit on me. Don’t quit on yourself.” – Eric Taylor
2. “You give 110% all the time, not just when you feel like it.” – Eric Taylor
3. “Success is not a goal. It’s a byproduct.” – Eric Taylor
4. “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Eric Taylor
5. “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.” – Eric Taylor
6. “Don’t just stand by and watch it happen.” – Eric Taylor
7. “Well, you’re gonna win, or you’re gonna lose. Either way, the sun’s still gonna come up tomorrow morning.” – Tami Taylor
8. “I can’t give you any answers. You gotta make the answers.” – Eric Taylor
9. “Champions don’t give up. Champions don’t complain. Champions give 200%. You’re not champions until you’ve earned it.” – Eric Taylor
10. “Every man, at some point in his life, is going to lose a battle. He is going to fight, and he is going to lose. But what makes him a man is that in the midst of that battle, he does not lose himself.” – Eric Taylor
11. “You get one chance in life, fellas. You can either take advantage of it, or you can piss it away. You do the latter, and you’re gonna regret it the rest of your lives.” – Eric Taylor
12. “No matter what happens, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, I’m always gonna be behind you. Always and always and always.” – Eric Taylor
13. “Life’s harder when you truly love someone.” – Tyra Collette
14. “You listen to people that love you, and you listen to people that you trust. Most of all, you listen to yourself.” – Eric Taylor
Inspirational Friday Night Lights Quotes
15. “I just want you to have faith in something. Something that can hold you when I’m not going to be able to hold you anymore.” – Tami Taylor
16. “I said you need to strive to be better than everyone else. I didn’t say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That’s what character is. It’s in the try.” – Eric Taylor
17. “Perfection is being able to look your friends in the eye and know you did everything you could not to let them down.” – Gary Gaines
18. “My dad used to say, ‘It always looks bad before it gets better.'” – Eric Taylor
19. “But honey, when a door closes, God opens a window. He don’t never fumble the ball, baby. He always gets the touchdown.” – Corrina Williams
20. “This is not who we are. This is not what we represent. I don’t teach that crap. These coaches don’t teach that crap. Y’all are going to take responsibility for your actions, I guarantee you.” – Eric Taylor
21. “You can’t beat yourself up because you’re taking chances on things.” – Eric Taylor
22. “Gentlemen, the hopes and dreams of an entire town are riding on your shoulders. You may never matter again in your life as much as you do right now.” – Gary Gaines
23. “You’re what makes guys like me wanna coach.” – Eric Taylor
24. “There are more important things than football.” – Eric Taylor
25. “Maybe, one day, our dreams will merge together.” – Tim Riggins
Emotional Friday Night Lights Quotes That Will Move You
26. “Nothing is bigger than us. Nothing is bigger than the love I have for you in my heart. Nothing is bigger than that. And I’m not holding on to you anymore because you’re all I have left. I’m holding on to you because I love you, and I need you in my life. And I’m not giving you up without a fight. And I’m not letting you go. I love you.” – Jason Mitchell Street
27. “A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on that field, those are the people I want in your mind. Those are the people I want in your hearts.” – Eric Taylor
28. “If I ever so much see you look at this kid the wrong way, I’m gonna find you, and I’m gonna punch a hole in your chest and rip your heart out.” – Tim Riggins
29. “You know, it’s kinda like this drug. When you’re out of it, you see it for what it really is. But when you’re in it, it seems like there’s no other possible reality.” – Tyra Collette
30. “You never know what’s going on with somebody, sweetie. Can’t take it personally.” – Tami Taylor
Also read: Gossip Girl Quotes
Friday Night Lights Quotes That Are Full of Meaning
31. “Marriage requires maturity. Marriage requires two people that will listen, really listen, to each other. Marriage, most of all, requires compromise.” – Eric Taylor
32. “The big deal is that it’s part of my job to make sure that you don’t grow up stupid. It’s bad for the world.” – Tami Taylor
33. “I’ve seen you fight. I’ve seen you not quit. Can you give me a great effort and just a little bit more, can you be perfect?” – Gary Gaines
34. “I’m telling you that it’s not too damn smart to be making generalizations about people’s abilities based on their color.” – Eric Taylor
35. “Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable, and we will all, at some point in our lives, fall. We will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts, that what we have is special. That it can be taken from us, and when it is taken from us, we will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times, it is this pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves.” – Eric Taylor
36. “Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. I figured wanting would lead to trying, and trying would lead to failure. But now, I find I can’t stop wanting. I wanna fly somewhere in first class. I wanna travel to Europe on a business trip. I wanna get invited to the White House. I wanna learn about the world. I wanna surprise myself. I wanna be important. I wanna be the best person I can be. I wanna define myself instead of having others define me. I wanna win and have people be happy for me. I wanna lose and get over it. I wanna not be afraid of the unknown. I wanna grow up to be generous and big-hearted, the way that people have been with me. I want an interesting and surprising life. It’s not that I think I’m gonna get all these things. I just want the possibility of getting them. College represents possibility. The possibility that things are gonna change. I can’t wait.” – Tyra Collette
Short Friday Night Lights Quotes to Guide You in Life
37. “There’s no weakness in forgiveness.” – Tami Taylor
38. “Suck it up. That’s what being a man is.” – Eric Taylor
39. “Six a.m. sharp means a quarter to six.” – Eric Taylor
40. “Does God love football? I think everyone loves football.” – Jason Mitchell Street
41. “Stay away from dumb, gentlemen.” – Eric Taylor
42. “Honey, hypocrites are everywhere.” – Tami Taylor
Hilarious Friday Night Lights Quotes for a Brighter Day Ahead
43. “I was gonna help you with the dishes, but I somehow got stuck to the couch.” – Eric Taylor
44. “Barbecues build morale. That’s why you have them.” – Tami Taylor
45. “I’m right 100% of the time. You can ask my husband.” – Tami Taylor
46. “You don’t have to worry about me. In a fight, I just kinda stand in the back and just yell stuff.” – Matt Saracen
47. “Son, everything I know about women, you could fit in this coffee cup here.” – Eric Taylor
More Friday Night Lights Quotes for Everyone Who Enjoyed the Series
48. “My eyes were open, sir. My eyes were wide open!” – Matt Saracen
49. “Fine, I’ll sit on your bench. I’ll come to practice, and I’ll do whatever you tell me to do. But I’m gonna hate it. And you’re gonna hate it. Good talk, coach.” – Matt Saracen
50. “Do you mind if we make a stop at the women’s low self-esteem palace?” – Tyra Collette
Which Friday Night Lights Quotes Pushed You to Keep Working for Your Dreams?
All of us can relate to the feeling of hopelessness in the face of failures. But, we must know the value of perseverance and strength in these dark points of our life.
One of the biggest lessons from Friday Night Lights is never giving up even when you’ve already failed countless times. Failures, mistakes, and downtimes are normal parts of life, so we shouldn’t get so obsessed with perfecting everything. Instead, what we should really pay attention to is how we play—the process of reaching our goals.
With that, we hope these Friday Night Lights quotes were able to give you a whole new perspective on how to go about life and success. Remember the lessons you learned in this collection, and make sure to apply them moving forward!
Which Friday Night Lights quotes are your favorites? Have you watched the series? Let us know by commenting below!