If you’re an avid fan of sports movies that make you laugh while teaching you some lessons, then you’ll appreciate these Dodgeball quotes we’ve compiled.
Sports instill various lessons on determination, teamwork, and loyalty. These are also present in dodgeball, and everyone who plays this sport can attest to it. However, are these also made evident in the movie?
Though they’re not that obvious, it doesn’t mean they’re not present. In Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, we see how these values come into play so that Peter LaFleur and his team can win the dodgeball tournament. All they wanted was to save their gym, so they did everything they could to win.
It’s a power play between an average joe and a big corporation. In these times, the only way to win is to hold on, be determined, and work together. If you want to learn more, read on.
Best Dodgeball Quotes
1. “We are the Globo Gym Purple Cobras, and we will, we will, rock you!” – White Goodman
2. “If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.” – Patches O’Houlihan
3. “No one makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody!” – White Goodman
4. “If you’re going to become true dodgeballers, then you’ve got to learn the five Ds of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge!” – Patches O’Houlihan
5. Peter LaFleur: “You really think you can come in here and buy me out, White? You’re a lot dumber than I thought.”
White Goodman: “Oh, I don’t think I’m a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought that I was once.”
6. “I know you. You know you. You know that I know that I know you.” – White Goodman
7. “So come on down and join the winning team. Because here at Globo Gym, we’re better than you, and we know it.” – White Goodman
8. “Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn’t have anything to regret for the rest of their life. But good luck to you, Peter. I’m sure this decision won’t haunt you forever.” – Lance Armstrong
9. Kate Veatch: “I’m fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.”
White Goodman: “In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I have never been there, but I read about it in a book.”
Dodgeball Quotes and One-Liners to Fire You Up
10. “‘L’ for ‘Love,’ good times.” – Gordon Pibb
11. “F*ck you, Chuck Norris!” – White Goodman
12. “Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation.” – Patches O’Houlihan
13. “Ouchtown, population: you, bro!” – Pepper Brooks
14. “Thank you, Chuck Norris.” – Peter LaFleur
Dodgeball Quotes That’ll Boost Your Energy
15. “Here at Globo Gym, we understand that ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, like baldness or necrophilia, and it’s your fault if you don’t hate yourself enough to do something about it.” – White Goodman
16. Kate Veatch: “That is a really interesting painting.”
White Goodman: “Thank you. Yeah, that’s me, taking the bull by the horns. It’s how I handle business. It’s a metaphor.”
Kate Veatch: “I get it.”
White Goodman: “But that actually happened, though.”
17. “I love happy endings. You know, that’s the problem with the American cinema: can’t handle any complexity in it, you know? ‘Don’t make me think; I just wanna be entertained.’” – White Goodman
18. Peter LaFleur: “I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don’t have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.”
Kate Veatch: “Well, I guess that makes sense, in a really sad way.”
19. White Goodman: “Donde está la biblioteca, Pedro?”
Peter LaFleur: “What?”
White Goodman: “I’m thinking of opening a new Globo Gym down in Mexico City, so I’ve been honing up on my Spanish.”
20. Cotton McKnight: “Do you believe in unlikelihoods? Average Joe’s shocking the dodgeball world and upsetting Globo Gym in the championship match!”
Pepper Brooks: “Unbelievable!”
Are You Willing to Do Everything You Can to Save Your Dreams?
Winning a competition is already challenging for athletes who have trained all their lives for it. However, imagine the average joes we have in the movie. They only get a short time to prepare their bodies and minds, but that doesn’t extinguish the fire in their hearts.
They knew their goal, and they remained determined to accomplish it. During their training, they learned the five Ds of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.
If we understand these a little more profoundly, we can apply them to our everyday lives. When we face challenges that are currently too big for us, sometimes, all we can do to stay afloat is to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge. We have to know, first and foremost, which obstacles are currently too big for us to handle so that we can train and plan for them.
Then, when the same big challenge faces us in the future, we’ll know how to react. After all, we’ve already conditioned ourselves for them. Then, it won’t only be about training; we can now meet everything head-on.
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story wants us to remember two main things. First, train your body and mind for what you want to accomplish, and second, understand that it’s okay to back down when you’re not yet ready. Read this list of quotes again whenever you need some inspiration!