If you are in a rough patch and want to give up, these Dory quotes will remind you to keep going.
If you’ve watched Finding Nemo or Finding Dory, then we’re sure you know about Dory. She is a warm-hearted and hospitable regal blue tang fish suffering from short-term memory loss. She was separated from her family because she got lost in the ocean when she was still a baby.
So, as she grows up on her own, she begins to find her family. She asks every fish she encounters to help her find the way back to her family, only to forget what she was asking them for help. Losing one’s memory after 10 seconds is the most challenging experience, but Dory never thinks of giving up.
Instead, she constantly reminds herself to keep moving forward when things get tough. Dory knows that if she lets herself drown in her problems, she’ll never reach her destination.
That’s why we should be inspired by her perspective and continue to swim, no matter how big the waves are. If you’re interested to know more about Dory’s life and her insightful views on life, keep reading.
Check out the complete list below.
And don’t miss out these Finding Nemo quotes and Luca quotes.
Best Dory Quotes
1. “The best things happen by chance because that’s life. That’s you being with me out in the ocean, not safe in some glass box.”
2. “When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.”
3. “I can remember some things because I have a family because everyone has a family.”
4. “It’s there. I know it is because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you and I’m home. Please, I don’t want that to go away. I don’t want to forget.”
5. “Well, you can’t never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo.”
6. “It’s the ocean, silly, we’re not the only two in here.”
7. “Well then, how are we gonna do that unless we give it a shot and hope for the best?”
8. “Yes, trust. It’s what friends do.”
Iconic Dory Quotes for All Avid Fans
9. “I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy. Come on, little Squishy.”
10. “Please don’t go away. No one’s ever stuck with me for so long before.”
11. “Hi, I’m Dory. I suffer from short-term memory loss. It runs in my family. At least, I think it does.”
12. “Will you quit it? I’m trying to swim here. Isn’t this ocean big enough for you or something? Have you got a problem buddy? Huh? Huh? Do you, do you, do you? You want a piece of me? Yeah, oh, I’m scared now.”
13. “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hey! Relax. Take a deep breath.”
14. “So, we’re cheating death now. That’s what we’re doing, and we’re having fun at the same time.”
15. “What do you mean? Just tell me. I’m okay with crazy!”
16. Dory: “How about we play a game?”
Dory: “Okay, I’m thinking of something orange, and it’s small.”
Marlin: “It’s me.”
Short Dory Quotes That’ll Stay In Your Mind
17. “Yes, I’m a natural blue.”
18. “Hey, look, balloons! It is a party!”
19. “I can read? That’s right, I can read!”
20. “Escapay. That’s funny, it’s spelled just like ‘escape.’”
21. “Hey, conscience. Am I dead?”
22. “P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.”
Dory Quotes to Relive Your Favorite Scenes
23. “Do you know how it feels to be looking for someone?”
24. “What is it with men and asking for directions?”
25. “I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
Did This Collection Teach You How to Ride the Waves of Your Own Life?
No one is flawless. We all have imperfections and challenges to face in life. Unfortunately, not all people are like Dory, who’s positive enough to believe that every problem has a solution.
Sometimes, with the number of trials we encounter, it feels so right to give up. But, keep in mind that letting go should never be one of your options. Instead, remember that you can take control of your life and make a difference in whatever situation you face.
You must keep going and persevere. You will never be able to change anything unless you keep moving forward. Difficulties and other challenges might be bombarding you right now, but keep hustling to get yourself through the dark tunnel.
We hope this list of quotes was able to provide you with some mantras to live by. Dory, after all, has some pretty wise words that will push you forward, no matter how strong or big life’s waves are. So, be positive and just keep swimming!