If you like romantic movies that will make you laugh and cry at the same time, check out this collection of Me Before You quotes!
Me Before You is a story of two different people with opposite personalities. Lou is jolly and chatty, while Will hates everyone around him. Although they had a rocky start when they met, they ended up being compatible.
But, because of Will’s illness, they only have a short time left to be together. Hence, they try to make the best of every second.
Indeed, this movie tells us the importance of the time we have and how we spend it. So, we’ve collected the best quotes to help you value every moment!
Read on and find your favorite quotes from the movie.
Best Me Before You Quotes
1. “So, here it is. When you get back home, Michael Lawler will give you access to a bank account that contains enough to give you a new beginning. Don’t start panicking. It’s not enough for you to sit around for the rest of your life, but it should buy you your freedom, at least from that little town we both call home. Live boldly, Clark. Push yourself. Don’t settle. Wear those stripy legs with pride. Knowing you still have possibilities is a luxury, knowing I might have given them to you. This eased something for me. So, this is it. You are scored on my heart, Clark. You have been the first day you walked in with your sweet smile and your ridiculous clothes and your bad jokes and your complete inability to ever hide a single thing you felt. Don’t think of me too often. I don’t want you getting sad. Just live well. Just live. I’ll be walking beside you every step of the way. Love, Will.” – William Traynor
2. “I will never, ever regret the things I’ve done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to.” – William Traynor
3. “You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” – William Traynor
4. “I know we can do this. I know it’s not how you would have chosen it, but I know I can make you happy. And all I can say is that you make me—you make me into someone I couldn’t even imagine. You make me happy, even when you’re awful; I would rather be with you—even the you that you seem to think is diminished—than with anyone else in the world.” – Louisa Clark
5. “Some mistakes—just have greater consequences than others. But you don’t have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You, Clark, have the choice not to let that happen.” – William Traynor
6. “I just want to be a man who has been to a concert with a girl in a red dress. Just for a few minutes more.” – William Traynor
7. “You know you can only help someone who actually wants to be helped.” – Alicia Dewar
8. Bernard Clark: “You can’t change who people are.”
Louisa Clark: “Then what can you do?”
Bernard Clark: “You love them.”
Me Before You Quotes That’ll Pierce Your Heart
9. William Traynor: “No, Clark. This could be a good life, but it’s not my life; it’s not even close. You never saw me before. I loved my life. I really loved it. I can’t be the kind of man who just accepts this.”
Louisa Clark: “You’re not giving it a chance; you’re not giving me a chance. I have become a whole new person these last six months because of you.”
William Traynor: “I know, and that’s why I can’t have you tied to me. I don’t want you to miss all the things that someone else can give you. And selfishly, I don’t want you to look at me one day and feel even the tiniest bit of regret or pity.”
Louisa Clark: “I would never think that!”
William Traynor: “You don’t know that. I can’t watch you wandering around the annex in your crazy dresses. Or see you naked and not be able to—oh, Clark, if you have any idea what I want to do to you right now. I can’t live like this.”
10. “Use the time he’s got left. Show him how good his life can be.” – Katrina Clark
11. Nathan: “I want him to live, but only if he wants to live.”
Louisa Clark: “I can’t just let that happen.”
12. William Traynor: “Nothing was ever going to change my mind. I promised my parents six months, and that’s what I have given them.”
Louisa Clark: “No! Don’t say another word. You’re so selfish. I tore my heart out in front of you, and all you can say is no. And now you want me to come and watch the worst thing you could possibly imagine. Do you have any idea what you’re asking? I wish I had never taken this stupid job. I wish I had never met you.”
Me Before You Quotes to See the Beauty of Love
13. “Being with you is the most wonderful thing you could have ever done for me. But I need it to end here. No more pain and exhaustion and waking up every morning already wishing it was over. It’s not going to get better than this. The doctors know it, and I know it. When we get back, I’m going to Switzerland, so I’m asking you if you feel the things you say you feel. Come with me.” – William Traynor
14. “You are pretty much the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning.” – William Traynor
15. William Traynor: “Will you stay?”
Louisa Clark: “For as long as you want me to.”
16. William Traynor: “Lose the scarf.”
Louisa Clark: “The scarf? Why?”
William Traynor: “If you’re going to wear a dress like that, Clark, you have to wear it with confidence.”
17. “I thought, briefly, that I would never feel as intensely connected to the world, to another human being, as I did at that moment.” – Louisa Clark
Me Before You Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Good Laugh
18. Louisa Clark: “Every time I speak, he looks at me like I’m stupid.”
Katrina Clark: “To be fair, you are pretty stupid.”
Louisa Clark: “Yeah, but he doesn’t know that yet.”
19. Louisa Clark: “What do you usually do?”
William Traynor: “I don’t do anything, Miss Clark; I sit and just about exist.”
20. Louisa Clark: “I don’t do much, okay. I go to work, and I go home, and that’s it.”
William Traynor: “Wow, your life is even duller than mine.”
21. Camilla Traynor: “Your previous employer here says you are a warm, chatty, and life-enhancing presence with a lot of potential.”
Louisa Clark: “Yes, I paid him.”
22. Camilla Traynor: “Will, this is Lou Clark. Nathan will talk you through Will’s routine and equipment.”
William Traynor: “You don’t have to talk across me, mother. My brain isn’t paralyzed—yet.”
More Me Before You Quotes to Dive Into
23. William Traynor: “You’re insane. Your whole family is insane. And you’re a god-awful singer. I hope your dad was better.”
Louisa Clark: “I think what you mean to say is ‘Thank you, Miss Clark, for attempting to entertain me.’”
24. “You look like a mad woman. An oddly cheerful madwoman.” – William Traynor
25. Louisa Clark: “Why am I here for?”
Nathan: “To cheer him up, I guess.”
How Much Time Do You Think You Have Left?
Often, we overlook spending time with our loved ones. It’s only when we realize that we have little time left with them that we start valuing the moments we have. But, what if we don’t get a warning?
Will was lucky he was not taken away from his family right away. More than that, despite the sorrow he experienced with his illness, he found happiness with Lou until his last breath.
This makes us appreciate the fact that we’re healthy and whole. Because of the gift of life, we can hang out with our family, friends, and partner. If we value and use our time wisely, we will not regret any moment that has come to pass when our time is up.
With that, we hope that this list of quotes was able to inspire you and encourage you to make the most out of every second. Time, indeed, is our most valuable asset. Cherish it and remember to always live life to the fullest!