If you need a reminder that you’re not alone in tough times, here’s a list of our favorite Finding Nemo quotes!
Even after almost two decades since its initial release, Finding Nemo remains in the hearts and minds of people worldwide.
Something as simple as fishes in the aquarium, birds in the sky, and the blue ocean waters just brings back great memories of the movie.
The story itself may be simple, but the hilarious characters make it hard to forget. More than that, Finding Nemo is a movie representing different types of relationships and how our love for one another can save us when we’re lost.
Let’s all laugh and cry together as we dive into the best quotes from the movie. Make sure you don’t miss out by reading through to the end!
Check out the list below.
Best Finding Nemo Quotes
1. “When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming.” – Dory
2. “I look at you, and I—and I’m home. Please, I don’t want that to go away. I don’t want to forget.” – Dory
3. “I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.” – Bruce
4. “Yes, trust. It’s what friends do.” – Dory
5. “I promise, I will never let anything happen to you, Nemo.” – Marlin
6. “Fish aren’t made to be in a box, kid.” – Gill
7. “Well then, how are we gonna do that unless we give it a shot and hope for the best?” – Dory
8. “Of course I like you. It’s because I like you, I don’t want to be with you. It’s a complicated emotion.” – Marlin
9. “You never really know, but when they know, you’ll know, you know?” – Crush
Finding Nemo Quotes From Dory
10. “P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.” – Dory
11. “You can’t never let anything happen to him then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo.” – Dory
12. “This is the ocean, silly, we’re not the only two in here.” – Dory
13. “What is it with men and asking for directions?” – Dory
14. “I can read? That’s right, I can read!” – Dory
15. “I have short-term memory loss. It runs in my family, or at least I think it does. Hmm, where are they?” – Dory
16. “So, we’re cheating death now. That’s what we’re doing, and we’re having fun at the same time.” – Dory
17. “Give it up old man, you can’t fight evolution, I was built for speed!” – Dory
18. “I love to swim. When you want to swim, you want to swim.” – Dory
Finding Nemo Quotes From Crush
19. “Whoa, dude. Mr. Turtle is my father. The name’s Crush.” – Crush
20. “You so totally rock, Squirt! So gimme some fin.” – Crush
21. “Do you have your exit buddy?” – Crush
22. “No hurling on the shell dude, okay? I just waxed it.” – Crush
23. “You’ve got serious thrill issues, dude. Awesome.” – Crush
Finding Nemo Quotes From Marlin
24. “I’m gonna be your best friend.” – Marlin
25. “Dory, if it wasn’t for you I never would have even made it here, so thank you.” – Marlin
26. “I don’t want to play the gender card right now. You want to play a card, let’s play the ‘let’s not die’ card.” – Marlin
27. “With fronds like these, who needs anemones?” – Marlin
28. “Look, you’re really cute, but I can’t understand what you’re saying. Say the first thing again.” – Marlin
29. “How do you know if they’re ready?” – Marlin
30. “Good feelings gone.” – Marlin
Also read: Shrek Quotes
Finding Nemo Quotes From Others
31. “The human mouth is a disgusting place.” – Gurgle
32. “Nemo, newcomer of orange and white, you have been called forth to the summit of Mt. Wannahockaloogie to join with us in the fraternal bonds of tankhood!” – Jacques
33. “It’s morning, everyone! Today’s the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean, and we are getting out of—the tank is clean. The tank is clean!” – Peach
34. “Everybody else, be as gross as possible. Think dirty thoughts. We’re gonna make this tank so filthy the dentist will have to clean it.” – Gill
35. “Hold on, here we go! Next stop, knowledge!” – Mr. Ray
36. “Don’t make any sudden moves. Hop inside my mouth if you want to live.” – Nigel
37. “From my neck of the woods, eh? Sorry if I ever took a snap at you. Fish gotta swim, bird’s gotta eat.” – Nigel
38. “We are swimming on our own.” – Gurgle
Funny Finding Nemo Quotes
39. “I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy.” – Dory
40. “For a Clownfish, he really isn’t that funny.” – Bill
41. “Okay, class. Optical orbits up front, and remember, we keep our subesophageal ganglia to ourselves. That means you, Jimmy.” – Mr. Ray
42. “He either said we should go to the back of the throat, or he wants a root beer float.” – Dory
43. “On my honor, or may I be chopped up and made into soup.” – Bruce
44. “My first escape, landed on dental tools. I was aiming for the toilet.” – Gill
45. “Mind your distance, though. Those balloons can be a bit dodgy. You wouldn’t want one of them to pop.” – Bruce
46. “It’s a root canal, and from the looks of those x-rays, it’s not going to be pretty.” – Peach
Also read: Funny Quotes
Finding Nemo Quotes That’ll Motivate You
47. “I can do this.” – Nemo
48. “I’m gonna getcha!” – Dory
49. “Oh boy! This is gonna be good, I can tell.” – Dory
50. “Hundred and fifty, dude, and still young. Rock on.” – Crush
More Finding Nemo Quotes for You to Enjoy
51. “Whoa! That was so cool! Hey, dad! Did you see that? Did you see me? Did you see what I did?” – Squirt
52. “Hey, look, balloons. It is a party.” – Dory
53. “Okay. I’m thinking of something orange, and it’s small.” – Dory
54. “How old are sea turtles? Sandy Plankton from next door, he says they live to be a hundred years old!” – Nemo
55. “‘Cause we were like, ‘Woah,’ and I was like, ‘Woah,’ and you were like, ‘Woah.’” – Crush
56. “I’m a piranha. They’re in the Amazon.” – Darla
57. “Yes, I’m a natural blue.” – Dory
58. “You got a problem, buddy? Huh? Huh? Do you, do you, do you?” – Dory
59. “Oh gosh! Nemo’s swimming out to sea!” – Kathy
60. “Don’t tell me to be calm, ponyboy!” – Marlin
Do You Also Look To Your Loved Ones for Strength?
In these trying times, it’s so easy to get discouraged and feel down. We’re bombarded with negativities left and right that we forget we are loved. This leads us to disconnect ourselves from our loved ones and the world, forcing us to face our problems alone.
Thankfully, Finding Nemo’s characters are here to remind us that life and all that comes with it—good or bad—are to be shared with family and friends. The experiences that the characters go through help us recognize the value of having someone with us when we face life’s difficulties. After all, who else but them would help us keep swimming through the waves of life?
If we have them with us, we will never be alone, and we will triumph over everything. Remember that even though there may be times that the sea of love may seem shallow, it will never run dry.
We hope this list was able to make you laugh today, as well as teach you the value of those around you. Take a deep breath, and feel free to reread our collection whenever you are down.
What else did you learn from today’s list? Are there any other good quotes you’d like us to add? List them below!