Dr. Seuss was an American cartoonist, illustrator, and children’s author.
He is widely known for having more than 40 books under his name. In fact, we’re sure you know some of his most famous works—The Lorax and The Cat in the Hat, for example—by heart!
Although his books are mainly catered to the young readers of the world, there’s no denying that Dr. Seuss’s works speak to and teach even adults.
The life lessons and values embedded in them are things anyone from any age or culture can apply to their day-to-day lives.
So, if you’re curious about what you can learn from Dr. Seuss, then make sure you read through to the end of this list.
By doing so, we’re sure you’ll discover many helpful things about life, love, dreams, and more.
Continue to the complete list below.
Best Dr. Seuss Quotes
1. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
2. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is you-er than you.”
3. “To the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world.”
4. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”
5. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.”
6. “Think and wonder. Wonder and think.”
7. “Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
8. “You’ll never be bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do.”
9. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
Famous Dr. Seuss Quotes
10. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
11. “It doesn’t matter what it is. What matters is what it will become.”
12. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
13. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
14. “Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.”
15. “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.”
Inspirational Dr. Seuss Quotes
16. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”
17. “You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.”
18. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
19. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
20. “And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
21. “You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
22. “You do not like them, so you say. Try them! Try them! And you may!”
Dr. Seuss Quotes About Life
23. “Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”
24. “So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life is a great balancing act.”
25. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
26. “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.”
27. “It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.”
28. “How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness, how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”
Dr. Seuss Quotes About Love
29. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
30. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
31. “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started, and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
Dr. Seuss Quotes on Reading
32. “Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.”
33. “Reading can take you places you have never been before.”
34. “Be awesome! Be a book nut!”
35. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
36. “You have to be a speedy reader because there’s so, so much to read.”
37. “You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.”
38. “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
39. “Virtually every page is a cliffhanger—you’ve got to force them to turn it.”
Wise Dr. Seuss Quotes for Kids
40. “Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
41. “Only you can control your future.”
42. “It is fun to have fun. But you have to know how.”
43. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
44. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.”
45. “With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.”
Short Dr. Seuss Quotes Filled With Insights
46. “It is better to know how to learn than to know.”
47. “Everything stinks until it’s finished.”
48. “If we do not choose, we will end up with none.”
49. “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!”
50. “So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!”
Funny Dr. Seuss Quotes That Are Deeper Than You Think
51. “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”
52. “You have to be odd to be number one.”
53. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
54. “They say I’m old-fashioned and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”
55. “Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!”
56. “Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
57. “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”
More Dr. Seuss Quotes
58. “There’s no limit to how much you’ll know, depending on how far beyond zebra you go.”
59. “I’m telling you this ‘cause you’re one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends!”
60. “When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really played.”
Did These Dr. Seuss Quotes Open Your Eyes to the Wonders That This World Has to Offer?
Often, we look at children’s books as entertainment for kids. However, some books go beyond fun and enjoyment, such as Dr. Seuss’s works. He put his heart and soul into his masterpieces and made sure that he shared a piece of himself in each one.
Dr. Seuss’s words and insights are so deep and wise that many people—young and old—look to him for inspiration and advice even decades after his passing. He taught us many things, like standing up for what’s right, celebrating our uniqueness and differences, and embracing the wonders that reading brings.
Indeed, Dr. Seuss remains one of the most influential authors who ever lived. After all, it’s not every day you find a person who’s able to bring you on an adventure that’ll teach you life-changing things—simply through words and images on paper.
With that, we hope this list was able to give you insight into the different lessons we can learn from Dr. Seuss. Let these quotes be the push you need to pick up a book and read through its pages. Maybe you’ll discover new things about yourself and your environment, too!
Which of Dr. Seuss’s books is your favorite? What’s your favorite quote from today’s collection? Comment below!
4 thoughts on “60 Dr. Seuss Quotes That Show the Wonders of Life & Love”
I love the quotes. I was looking for the one about – oh the things you will see and the places you will go (or something like that).
Hey, Dee. Are you talking about this one?
“Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
I was also looking for the same quote : )
All these quotes made me happy and made my day. They made me feel like I was shining like the sun! I like making collages, so I am going to make one on this topic!
Comments are closed.