The dragonfly might win the award for the coolest insect name ever, don’t you think?
So, if you love dragonflies, why not take a look at this list of beautiful dragonfly quotes.
The dragonfly might look neat, but this creature is actually very fascinating. This flying insect is well known for coming in a variety of colors and moving around rather quickly.
And today, we’ve rounded up the top 50 quotes about dragonflies for you to learn more about them.
Read the full list below.
And don’t forget to check out these bee quotes and animal quotes too.
Best Dragonfly Quotes
1. “A dragonfly arrives and leaves like a change of mind.” – David Mitchell
2. “Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and we can reflect light in powerful ways if we choose to do so.”- Robyn Nola
3. “I love to see the sunshine on the wings of the dragonflies… there is magic in it.” – Ama H. Vanniarachchy
4. “A wet dragonfly can fly again!” – Anaka Jones
5. “The dragonfly exists because it exists and for no other reason.” – Marty Rubin
6. “Time is for dragonflies and angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long.” – James Thurber
7. “As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame.” – Gerard Manley Hopkins
8. “On dragonfly wings with buttercup tea.” – Indian proverb
9. “Smile, to see the lake lay the still sky and out for an easy make the dragonfly.” – Lorine Niedecker
Famous Dragonfly Quotes
10. “I can still only see a dragonfly, its wings as thin and light as silk… But on the wings of this dragonfly, I take off and fly… It is our bodies these borrowed vehicles of flesh and bone, that weigh us down.” – Daniela I Norris
11. “Did you know that at the time of the dinosaurs… Some dragonflies could be as big as a hawk.” – Paulette Morin
12. “Danced and buzzed in the golden autumn light… the air was full of… glinting dragonflies shot …with gauzy wings and gleaming bodies.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
13. “The dragonfly is a transformer of the people… believed they went to the Star Nation and came back as dragonflies. Dragonflies were born in water.” – Agnes Emma Baker-Pilgrim
14. “The beauteous dragonfly’s dancing by the waves of the rivulet glancing… her figure so slender.” – Heinrich Heine
15. “Anyone can buy a car or a night on the town… I don’t mean gawking at the Chrysler Building. I’m talking about the wing of a dragonfly.” – Amor Towles
16. “The dragonfly pauses in the middle of an April rain to listen to the girl who cries. The girl… looks at the dragonfly and wonders what it means to pause in the middle of an April rain.” – Robyn Nola
17. “Their love as a dragonfly… stoppin to visit the lotus. Eating dreams and drinking blue sky.” – Janet Fitch
18. “In July the ant works, the dragonfly flaunts.” – Russian proverb
19. “The dragonfly is an exceptionally beautiful insect… has four wings that beat independently… A dragonfly can put on a burst of speed… switch direction in a flash.” – Richard Preston
Dragonfly Quotes That Will Make You Appreciate Their Beauty
20. “The dragonfly spiritually embodies the stripping away of negativity that holds us back… Dragonflies are the keepers of dreams… Dragonflies inspire… creativity.” – Beauty and the Green
21. “The other day, I tried to remember what was the word for ‘dragonfly’ and couldn’t.” – Donna Tartt
22. “Bound by blood, marked by the dragonfly.” – L.L. Akers
23. “Despite its dark veins, the transparency of dragonfly’s wings assures me of a pure, innocent world.” – Munia Khan
24. “I am the dragonfly rising on the wings of unlocked dreams on the verge of magical things.” – Aimee Stewart
25. “It’s very far away, it takes about half a day to get there. If we travel by my, uh, dragonfly.” – Jimi Hendrix
26. “Dragonfly with wings of blue, what makes me wonder just like you… the colors of life, just like you.” – Johnny Dod
27. “Fly, Dragonfly, fly! Spread your wings… take off to the skies, follow the blowing winds!” – OnlyEggy
28. “One can hardly believe a dragonfly laid the eagle eggs.” – Georgian proverb
29. “Restless dragonfly, darting, dancing over the ribbons of trailing weed.” – Arthur Christopher Benson
Dragonfly Quotes About Reflection in Life
30. “Living things tend to change unrecognizably… Who would deduce the dragonfly from the larva… the lawyer from the infant?”- Diane Ackerman
31. “But for the hours… powerless to move as a dragonfly in amber.” – Diana Gabaldon
32. “Yesterday a child came out to wonder, caught a dragonfly inside a jar. Fearful when the sky was full of thunder and tearful at the falling of a star.” – Joni Mitchell
33. “If you are old and you wish to be young again if only for a moment, try and identify a dragonfly.” – Simon Barnes
34. “This dragonfly… He was hovering right in front of my face… How does he see me? I became enlightened.” – Ziggy Marley
35. “Today I saw the dragonfly come from the wells where he did lie… A living flash of light he flew.” – Alfred, Lord Tennyson
36. “He was becoming unstuck, he was sure of that – his bones were no longer wrapped in the flesh but in clouds of dust, in hummingbirds, dragonflies, and luminous moths – but so perfect was his equilibrium that he felt no fear. He was vast, he was many, he was dynamic, he was eternal.” – Tom Robbins
37. “I got to keep a clip for my hair. It had a pretty little dragonfly on it.” – Mackenzie Foy
38. “Sitting on the floor of a room in Japan, looking out on a small garden with flowers blooming and dragonflies hovering in space, I suddenly felt as if I had been too long above my boots.” – Mark Tobey
39.. “Add a pair of wings to a pepper pod, you would make a dragonfly.” – Chris Bradford
Dragonfly Quotes About Nature
40. “Bees and butterflies, moths and dragonflies, the flowers and the brooks and the clouds.” – George Macdonald
41. “The sun is lowering below the lines of the mountains that encase the town and stars sparkle across the sky like dragonflies.” – Jessica Sorensen
42. “The distant mountain reflected in his eyes dragonfly.” – Kobayashi Issa
43. “A barge of mist floated along the water, and dragonflies, iridescent blue ones, darted back and forth like they were stitching up the air.” – Sue Monk Kidd
44. “So, that was Nature’s way. The mosquito felt pain and panic but the dragonfly knew nothing of cruelty. Humans would call it evil, the big dragonfly destroying the mosquito and ignoring the little insects suffering.” – John Marsden
45. “When a dragonfly flutters by, you may not realize, but it’s the greatest flier in nature.” – Louie Schwartzberg
46. “Magic is seeing the wonder in nature’s every little thing, seeing how wonderful the fireflies are and how magical are the dragonflies.” – Ama H.Vanniarachchy
47. “All these words, words like ‘evil’ and ‘vicious’, they meant nothing to Nature. Yes, evil was a human invention.” – John Marsden
48. “The dragonfly charm. Embrace the magic of nature & life will be filled with good fortune.” – Viola Shipman
49. “Dragonflies didn’t imagine they could sense the future. They just flew about, enjoying the sun on their wings.” – Kate Morton
50. “Deep in the sun searched growths, the dragonfly hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky.” – Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Which of these Dragonfly Quotes Caught Your Attention?
Dragonfly is one of the most beautiful insects in the world. It is always pleasant to see them fly over open areas back and forth because of their attractive colors and flying styles.
We must be reminded that like a dragonfly, we also have different unique characteristics and beautiful traits. That we have to appreciate the beauty inside of us and learn to accept our differences.
Were you inspired by these beautiful quotes about dragonflies? Let us know in the comment section below.