Reflect on your sins and learn about love and hope by reading these Easter quotes.
Easter is a religious holiday about the resurrection of Jesus after His crucifixion. It is a yearly reminder that He died for our sins and sacrificed His life because of His love.
Sadly, few Christians know about the importance of this day. Some even think of Easter as just another ordinary holiday.
They look at it as a time when children hunt Easter eggs. Also, it’s just another day for adults to take a break from work. In that regard, we were never really able to understand its role in our beliefs, culture, and outlook toward life.
So, celebrate Easter with the newfound knowledge of its meaning and importance by checking out our collection of quotes.
Use our list below to learn about the holiday’s values, context, and purpose.
Let’s get started.
Best Easter Quotes
1. “Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.” – Charles M. Crowe
2. “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” – Janine di Giovanni
3. “The great gift of Easter is hope. Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.” – Basil Hume
4. “Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals.” – Charles M. Crowe
5. “The Easter eggs symbolize our ability to break out of the hardened, protective shell we’ve surrounded ourselves with that limits our thoughts and beliefs. As we break open our hearts and minds, we discover a transformation to new, life-enhancing thoughts and beliefs.” – Siobhan Shaw
6. “Easter is a time when God turned the inevitability of death into the invincibility of life.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
7. “If Easter says anything to us today, it says this, ‘You can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.'” – Clarence Wilbur Hall
8. “The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies.” – Kate McGahan
9. “It is Easter. This is a season when we reflect on the suffering, sacrifice, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Emily Belle Freeman
10. “Easter is reflecting upon suffering for one thing, but it also reflects upon Jesus and His non-compliance in the face of great authority where He holds to His truth, so there are two stories there.” – Michael Leunig
11. “Easter tells us of something children can’t understand because it addresses things they don’t yet have to know: the weariness of life, the pain, the profound loneliness, and the hovering fear of meaninglessness.” – Frederica Mathewes-Green
12. “Everything connected with Easter is showing the reality of why we have faith in the future, with optimism and hope for eternal life with God in heaven.” – Steve Pease
Famous Easter Quotes
13. “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” – Samuel Dickey Gordon
14. “Easter is the one morning in all of history where the dawn came twice. Once on the eastern horizon and again in eternity.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
15. “Easter promises that what God does in the resurrection of Jesus is God’s intention for the entire creation.” – James A. Harnish
16. “Unless there is Good Friday in your life, there can be no Easter Sunday.” – Fulton J. Sheen
17. “Easter celebrates an event that proves Jesus was who He claimed to be. He was God in the flesh, and He came to Earth to save us. And that meant He had to die for us.” – Rick Warren
18. “We proclaim the resurrection of Christ when His light illuminates the dark moments of our existence.” – Pope Francis
19. “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen
Easter Quotes to Reflect On
20. “How can we joyfully anticipate Easter Sunday’s power without mournfully remembering our weakness?” – Christopher Greer
21. “For I remember, it is Easter morn and life and love and peace are all newborn.” – Alice Freeman Palmer
22. “Easter was when hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present.” – N.T. Wright
23. “Easter is not limited to the passion and death of Christ. It also includes the dismal tragedy of life unlived by the many, and all the loss of passion and truth that goes with it.” – Michael Leunig
24. “It is at Easter that Jesus is most human, and like all humans, He fails and is failed. He is not an all-powerful God. It is an all-vulnerable God.” – Michael Leunig
25. “We no longer live within the day on which death seemed victorious. We live in the day that came three days after. We call it Easter.” – Marcia Lee Laycock
26. “It was inevitable that Jesus Christ should be crucified. It was also inevitable that He should rise again.” – Dick Sheppard
Easter Quotes That’ll Teach You About the Meaning of This Holiday
27. “Today is Easter, but what does it mean? It’s a time of renewal for each and everything.” – Sharon Gardner
28. “The world is waking up after a long winter. Easter is a time to celebrate life!” – Trudi Trueit
29. “Easter is significantly symbolic to Christians in that during that period, Jesus Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice so that we could be all saved from sin.” – Francis Okumu
30. “Easter is the holiest day of the year for Christians. It is a time for family gatherings to celebrate their faith as well as the beginning of spring.” – Laura Sommers
31. “And Easter, the most important church festival, offers the perfect opportunity to examine the relationship between the spiritual and the secular, the sacred and the profane, and between humanity and God.” – Michael Arditti
32. “The church arrives at Easter, the oldest and most sacred feast of the Christian year, by way of a fast. Like Advent, the season of Lent has given Christians throughout history a period of time to prepare for the coming holiday through practices of reflection, repentance, prayer, and self-restraint.” – Beth Bevis
Short Easter Quotes
33. “Easter is why we don’t give up.” – David Jeremiah
34. “On Easter Day, the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer.” – Douglas Horton
35. “Easter is very important to me. It’s a second chance.” – Reba McEntire
Easter Quotes to Appreciate This Important Day
36. “Easter is an answer. It is such a dramatic, earthshaking answer that for nearly 20 centuries, artists of every kind and quality have been trying to portray its significance.” – Ellsworth Kalas
37. “Easter is one of my favorite holidays with the kids. They get to run loose, and we always have our family and loved ones all around us!” – Camila Alves
38. “Easter can be the highlight of the year. Better than Christmas. Bigger than a birthday. And about so much more than just chocolate.” – Ed Drew
39. “People come together with their families to celebrate Easter. What better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours going on the journey of Christ’s life.” – Roma Downey
40. “There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
41. “‘Twas Easter Sunday. The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
42. “Easter is a time that family and friends get together, some for religious purposes and some to celebrate the arrival of spring. Either way, it is a celebration of renewal and typically finds people with a positive outlook.” – Jean LeGrand
Cute Easter Quotes
43. “On Easter, let the happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.” – Anonymous
44. “Have a cracking Easter! Hope it’s an eggs-traordinary day.” – Anonymous
45. “The best Easter is one spent with your peeps.” – Anonymous
46. “Hoppy Easter to some-bunny special.” – Anonymous
47. “Don’t worry, be hoppy.” – Anonymous
Funny Easter Quotes
48. “Easter is the only time of year when it is safe to put all your eggs in one basket.” – Anonymous
49. “Good idea: finding the Easter eggs on Easter. Bad idea: finding the Easter eggs on Christmas.” – Jack Handey
50. “Egg hunts are proof that your children can find things when they really want.” – Anonymous
51. “The Easter Bunny ate all of the carrots that we left for him. What a pig.” – Steve Carell
Other Easter Quotes for Every Christian
52. “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Bernhard Langer
53. “As we celebrate the Resurrection this Easter, let us remember that it is His life alone by which we must be revived daily until He returns.” – David Jeremiah
54. “Here is the amazing thing about Easter, the Resurrection, Sunday for Christians, is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.” – T. D. Jakes
55. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people, and Hallelujah is our song.” – Pope John Paul II
56. “When Jesus died on the cross, He also rose from the dead to break the power of death over anyone who receives His life. Jesus conquered death, whether at the end of life or in the multiple ways that we face death daily.” – Stormie Omartian
57. “Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.” – Floyd W. Tomkins
58. “Our old history ends with the cross, our new history begins with our resurrection.” – Watchman Nee
59. “The resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
60. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
How Do You Celebrate Easter?
Easter, also known as Resurrection Sunday, is the perfect time to reflect on our actions and remember Jesus for His sacrifice. It is a religious holiday to remember how He died for our sins and was resurrected from the dead. Easter, indeed, is a day filled with hope and new beginnings.
Let’s not continue celebrating Easter without fully understanding its meaning and purpose. Instead, let us honor this day by giving ourselves time to reflect and remember Jesus’s sacrifices for us. At the end of each Easter Day, we must be more knowledgeable about the value of service, love, and sacrifice.
So, let this holiday be a period when we selflessly act and thank God. Most of all, keep Jesus both in your mind and heart!
With that, we hope our collection was able to help you appreciate Easter and remind you of hope and a new life. Feel free to reread our list whenever you need some wise words about the resurrection of God.