Let this list of Christmas quotes speak to your heart and help you understand the essence of this holiday!
Everyone knows how beautiful and magical Christmas can be. It’s that time of the year when everyone is grateful for everything they have.
Families and friends come together to celebrate Christmas and, most importantly, to give thanks for all their blessings.
But, as time passes, Christmas has become less meaningful for many people. They’re getting busier, making the spirit of Christmas lose its magic and slowly fade away. The good thing is, it’s not too late to fully understand the essence of this holiday.
If you are excited to learn great ways to revive the spirit of Christmas, then check out this collection!
Our list below will help you find out how you can bring the magic back to Christmas!
Continue reading below.
And don’t forget to check out these December quotes.
Best Christmas Quotes
1. “Christmas is a magical time whose spirit lives on in all of us no matter how old we grow.” – Sirona Knight
2. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to give.” – B. C. Forbes
3. “Christmas is for everyone, adults and children alike. Allow this season to fill your heart, and let go of the things you dislike.” – Julie Hebert
4. “Christmas brings family and friends together. It helps us to appreciate the love in our lives that we often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.” – Anonymous
5. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see the joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” – Thomas S. Monson
6. “The kind of love that was so intently demonstrated at Christmas is truly amazing and life-changing.” – Jason C. Dukes
7. “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.” – Agnes M. Pahro
8. “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” – Freya Stark
9. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
10. “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” – G.K. Chesterton
Inspirational Christmas Quotes
11. “The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in, or what kind of year you’ve had—it’s a fresh start.” – Kelly Clarkson
12. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
13. ”Christmas and the holidays are the seasons of giving. It’s a time when people are more kind and open-hearted.” – Gisele Bundchen
14. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
15. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to be put away.” – Norman Wesley Brooks
16. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
17. “Christmas gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” – Dove Cameron
18. “We should learn the true Christmas lesson of gentle, thoughtful kindness to those we love and to all we meet in life’s busy ways.” – J. R. Miller
19. “When we remember a special Christmas, it is not the presents that made it special, but the laughter, the feeling of love, and the togetherness of friends and family that made that Christmas special.” – Catherine Pulsifer
20. “The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money. There’s a kind of glory to them when they’re all lit up that exceeds anything all the money in the world could buy.” – Andy Rooney
21. “It’s Christmas Eve. It’s the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer; we smile a little easier, and we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be.” – Frank Cross
22. “Christmas can become overly expensive if you let it. Remember, a homemade gift is not only nice but also says, ‘I love you more than anything else.’” – Catherine Pulsifer
Christmas Quotes That’ll Push You to Spend Time With Your Loved Ones
23. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” – Margaret Thatcher
24. “Christmas is the season of joy, of gift-giving, and of families united.” – Norman Vincent Peale
25. “Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.” – William Jewett Tucker
26. “Christmas is a special time of year when family and tradition blend together into magical holiday grandeur.” – Anonymous
27. “Christmas is all about love, family, and children. It doesn’t matter what we eat or what presents we get as long as the holidays are spent with loved ones.” – Anonymous
28. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid
29. “The best present on Christmas is spending time with family and being reminded of the things that give you real joy.” – Anonymous
30. “It’s true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you’ll find you’ve created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul.” – Caroline Kennedy
Short Christmas Quotes
31. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Marjorie Holmes
32. “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
33. “Christmas is a magical time for both the young and old.” – Diane Cirafesi-Keszczyk
34. “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
35. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” – Washington Irving
36. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
37. “Christmas to me is to make as many people as possible happy.” – Tupac Shakur
38. “Christmas isn’t just a day—it’s a frame of mind.” – Kris Kringle
39. “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” – Winston Churchill
40. “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – William Thomas Ellis
41. “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.” – Anonymous
Also read: Short Quotes
Profound Christmas Quotes That Will Warm Your Heart
42. “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent.” – Taylor Caldwell
43. “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance—each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.” – Deborah Whipp
44. “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” – Gladys Taber
45. “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth, sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
46. “Christmas is the celebration of the event that set heaven to singing, an event that gave the stars of the night sky a new brilliance.” – Billy Graham
47. “Christmas—that magic carpet that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance—a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.” – Arnold Westcott
Positive Christmas Quotes to Get You in the Holiday Spirit
48. “I love the excitement, the childlike spirit of innocence, and just about everything that goes along with Christmas.” – Hillary Scott
49. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
50. “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” – Dr. Seuss
51. “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” – Henry David Thoreau
52. “As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.” – Eric Sevareid
53. “Christmas magic is silent. You don’t hear it; you feel it. You know it. You believe it.” – Kevin Alan Milne
Christmas Quotes That’ll Give You Holiday Cheer
54. “Christmas Eve is a time for singing carols, decorating the Christmas tree, drinking hot chocolate, eating Christmas cookies and candy, and wrapping last-minute presents. It’s a time for family and special friends.” – Anonymous
55. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Anonymous
56. “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things—not the great occasions—give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
57. “Christmas brings many pleasures; from tree trimming to special music, exchanging gifts, good food, to name only a few. Take time in this busy season to remember the reason for the season—the birth of Jesus.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Christmas Quotes for Instagram
58. “It’s Christmas time! It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s a season of love, joy, peace, and cheer!” – Dana Sheree Coe
59. “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirits in jars and open a jar of it every month.” – Harlan Miller
60. “Christmas now surrounds us; happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.” – Shirley Sallay
61. “Christmas is a time to celebrate family and friends, so this is my chance to tell you how much you mean to me.” – Anonymous
Christmas Quotes and Lyrics That’ll Make You Sing Your Favorite Carols
62. “Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on, your troubles will be out of sight.” – Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
63. “City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style. In the air, there’s a feeling of Christmas.” – Ray Evans
64. “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know. Where the treetops glisten, and children listen to hear sleigh bells in the snow.” – Irving Berlin
Funny Christmas Quotes
65. “Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.” – Phyllis Diller
66. “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.” – Rosie Thomas
67. “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.” – Bart Simpson
68. “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.” – Anonymous
69. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day.” – Andy Rooney
70. “Christmas was definitely the best thing ever, even better than a pizza. But instead of all her favorite toppings, Amitola was surrounded by all her favorite people.” – Aishabella Sheikh
71. “A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn’t get into a single argument all day.” – Melanie White
Christmas Quotes for Those Who Love the Holidays
72. “What joy the glorious music of Christmas brings to our celebration of Christ’s birth! No other season offers such an abundance of spiritual enrichment.” – Kenneth W. Osbeck
73. “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” – Phillips Brooks
74. “Don’t get caught up in the wrapping paper and forget that the gift of the Christmas season is simply love.” – Toni Sorenson
More Christmas Quotes to Understand Its Essence
75. “Christmas can’t be bought from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more.” – Dr.Seuss
76. “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” – Pope Francis
77. “Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” – Steve Maraboli
78. “If you want to experience the true meaning of Christmas, give something to someone who can offer nothing in return.” – Toni Sorenson
79. “And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans—and all that lives and moves upon them.” – Sigrid Undset
80. “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry-making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – Anonymous
Is the Spirit of Christmas Still Alive for You?
It’s no secret that Christmas is an exciting time of the year. It’s a time for joy, hope, and a season of giving. Also, the Christmas spirit is a wonderful feeling that fills your heart with warmth.
But, do you notice how, nowadays, people are more concerned about buying the right gift for their family and friends? Instead of enjoying the holiday season, many people seem to be more concerned about having the best gifts. This makes it seem that most people have genuinely forgotten why Christmas is celebrated.
Remember, Christmas is a time for families to get together and celebrate the birth of Christ. It’s not just about exchanging gifts but also about being thankful for everything you’ve been given this year.
There’s nothing wrong with giving gifts to someone, but we should not forget the true essence of Christmas—love, affection, and gratitude. Hopefully, this list of quotes was able to bring you closer to the Lord. Don’t forget to spread the holiday cheer around!