Let these Grown Ups quotes help you appreciate the importance of your loved ones’ presence in your life!
Grown Ups is a movie that zooms in on five friends—Lenny Feder, Rob Hilliard, Eric Lamonsoff, Marcus Higgins, and Kurt McKenzie. They were friends and teammates back in high school who only met again after three long decades later.
These five friends had already built separate lives. But, they all had to return to their hometown for the funeral of their basketball coach, Bobby Ferdinando.
While it’s a comedy, Grown Ups is praised for the life lessons embedded in it. It teaches us about love between family and friends and the different struggles one has to face when one grows up and faces the real world. Perhaps these meaningful lessons, coupled with hilarious lines, made Grown Ups a hit and earned it a second movie!
Dive deep into this list that’ll give you a better glimpse of the five friends’ adventures and experiences. Read through to the end! We’re positive you’ll laugh out loud and reflect on the characters’ meaningful and funny lines!
Check out the list below.
And don’t miss out these Sixteen Candles quotes.
Best Grown Ups Quotes
1. “Life can be difficult sometimes, it gets bumpy. What with family and kids and things not going exactly like you planned? But that’s what makes it interesting. In life, the first act is always exciting. The second act—that is where the depth comes in.” – Gloria Noonan
2. “Are you peeing or is a diesel truck turning off? What the hell is that?” – Lenny Feder
3. Mama Ronzoni: “Deanne, you should have married that Italian guy like I told you.”
Deanne McKenzie: “Yeah and if I did, you’d be the one who’s pregnant right now.”
Mama Ronzoni: “You’re probably right. I’ll butt out now.”
4. Sally Lamonsoff: “See that? Now he won’t even drink from me.”
Roxanne Chase-Feder: “That’s what men do. They take and take, and then give you up for some cow.”
Sally Lamonsoff: “Well, now I don’t know what I’m going to do with these.”
Kevin James: “I do.”
5. Roxanne Chase-Feder: “And this must be your mother.”
Rob Hilliard: “My wife.”
6. Becky Feder: “Daddy! Where is it taking them?”
Marcus Higgins: “Hell.”
Lenny Feder: “Higgins. Don’t say that.”
Marcus Higgins: “Oh, I’m sorry. Not hell—Mexico.”
7. Lenny Feder: “Wasted is when you have a hankering for ice cream.”
Donna Lamonsoff: “I want to get wasted every day of my life.”
Becky Feder: “I want to get chocolate wasted.”
8. “I have a confession to make too. I’m really a man. Just kidding! I’m really hurt that so many of you believed this.” – Gloria Noonan
Grown Ups Quotes for Some Iconic Lines You’ll Love
9. Donna Lamonsoff: “Dad, hurry up. I want to go on the other rides.”
Eric Lamonsoff: “Just a minute. Don’t worry, we’ll get to ride all of them.”
Donna Lamonsoff: “Are you making a sissy? You know they make a chemical that turns urine blue.”
10. Lenny Feder: “Roxanne, I have made out with about 25 girls in this very spot and I want you to be number 26.”
Roxanne Chase-Feder: “As long as I am the last.”
11. “We needed to be here. Our kids were turning into snotty, spoiled, little ones. This is what we needed.” – Lenny Feder
12. Roxanne Chase-Feder: “Excuse me, Princess Rita. Are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna help me?”
Rita: “No, Mr. Feder said that I must study for the big final.”
Roxanne Chase-Feder: “What final?”
Rita: “You tell me, he just keeps handing me books.”
Grown Ups Quotes That’ll Make You Laugh
13. Deanne McKenzie: “Since when did you learn to speak Chinese?”
Kurt McKenzie: “Just a little something I picked up watching a Chinese cooking show.”
Deanne McKenzie: “That’s great. Maybe you should focus a little less on the talking, and a little more on the cooking.”
14. Marcus Higgins: “Hey, what’s up, Lenny? Buddy, I thought you were gonna start working out.”
Lenny Feder: “What does that mean?”
Marcus Higgins: “Um—you’re fat.”
15. Bean Lamonsoff: “Mommy, I want some milk.”
Sally Lamonsoff: “Come here. I’ll give you a little something.”
Roxanne Chase-Feder: “Your son is so cute. How old is he?”
Eric Lamonsoff: “Forty-eight months.”
Kurt McKenzie: “That’s four.”
Eric Lamonsoff: “Yeah.”
16. “I see that ass is still growing. Got a little Kardashian in there.” – Kurt McKenzie
17. Deanne McKenzie: “How about I take you out for a date night every Thursday?”
Kurt McKenzie: “Well, Thursday night is Grey’s Anatomy, but any other night would be great.”
More Grown Ups Quotes for Adam Sandler Movie Fans
18. Marcus Higgins: “He calls it maize because it sounds mystical.”
Rob Hilliard: “It’s great.”
Marcus Higgins: “It’s a-maize-ing.”
19. Lenny Feder: “Mama, I didn’t know the elephant man lived in your shoe.”
Kurt McKenzie: “How in the world’s anybody supposed to get some sleep knowing they’re under the same roof as toe-be Bryant over here?”
20. Rob Hilliard: “Don’t fall for that crap. You stay away from him.”
Jasmine Hilliard: “What are you talking about? He’s gay, isn’t he?”
Rob Hilliard: “No. He just seems gay. He’s a genius.”
Did These Quotes Help You Better Understand What a Family Truly Entails?
As its title states, Grown Ups is a movie about one’s experiences while growing older and more ready to face the world’s harsh realities. The five friends we got to know through the movie all had started building their own families away from each other. But, the sudden death of their beloved coach led them all back together.
They faced grief and loss together, and all moved forward and grew through that shared experience. This is an excellent example of how a family could be found in people that are not your relatives by blood. After all, sometimes, a family could be found in the most unexpected places.
Grown Ups also served us with some excellent comedy through the characters’ interactions. Just imagine having a reunion with your best friends after not seeing them for so long. Wouldn’t you also be so excited to spend time with them?
More than that, in their journey together, each character and their partners learn how to better deal with their own families at home. For example, Rob gets a better understanding of how trust works, Lenny and his wife understand how important it is to teach their children to be content, and Eric also learns how vital honesty is in a relationship.
Grown Ups is a movie that leaves us with lasting lessons and laughter. So, read this list again whenever you want or need a pick-me-up!