This collection of Haikyuu quotes will take you into the world of sports and volleyball where thrill and excitement abound.
Haikyuu is a Japanese manga series that revolves around the sports game, volleyball. Shoyo Hinata, one of the characters, portrays the role of a short guy determined to win and be the best.
The anime is very relatable to athletes since it shows true life struggles, sports, and more.
See what else you can learn from Haikyuu and volleyball. Let’s get started and have a ball!
Best Haikyuu Quotes
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Shoyo Hinata.
2. “To strike past all obstacles—that’s the ace!” – Asahi Azumane
3. “Even if we’re not confident that we’ll win, even if others tell us we don’t stand a chance, we must never tell ourselves that.” – Daichi Sawamura
4. “My greatest weapon is not getting caught!” – Shoyo Hinata
5. “The last ones standing are the victors. If you want to be the last one standing, become strong.” – Tobio Kageyama
6. “Do you need a reason to not want to lose?” – Shoyo Hinata
7. “I’m Hinata Shouyou from the concrete.” – Shoyo Hinata
8. “We’ll never win if we don’t believe we can.” – Daichi Sawamura
9. “You should know better than anyone that you’ve failed the moment you lose your cool.” – Daichi Sawamura
10. “Someone who can’t see the opponent standing right in front of him, can’t defeat the opponent that lies beyond.” – Hajime Iwaizumi
11. “There’s no guarantee that the weapon that worked first will continue working until the end.” – Shoyo Hinata
12. “Luck? No way. You’re only an ace if you’re able to create miracles.” – Tsutomu Goshiki
13. “Humans have no wings, so they search for a way to fly”. – Keishin Ukai
14. “You don’t win alone. That’s just how it is.” – Tobio Kageyama
15. “Before my eyes, it blocks my path. A high, high wall. What sort of scene is on the other side? What will I be able to see there? ‘The view from the top’, a scenery I will never be able to see on my own. But if I’m not alone, then, I might be able to see it.” – Shoyo Hinata
Related: My Hero Academia Quotes
Famous Haikyuu Quotes
16. “You can fly even higher.” – Tobio Kageyama
17. “There are some flowers you only see when you take detours.” – Saeko Tanaka
18. “Is ‘defeat’ proof that you are weak? Isn’t defeat more like a trial to overcome? Or whether you can stand up and walk again after falling to your knees?” – Ittetsu Takeda.
19. “He who climbs the ladder must begin at the bottom.” – Ittetsu Takeda.
20. “Being the best decoy ever is as cool as being the ace.” – Tobio Kageyama
21. “When colors mix, they become muddy and messy. But when they all blend together, the final result is the color that wins against all others—black!” – Ittetsu Takeda
22. “Talent is something you make bloom, instinct is something you polish.” – Tooru Oikawa
23. “Life’s a bore if you don’t challenge yourself.” – Yu Nishinoya
24. “If we go for what’s somewhat safe here, it’ll mean we never changed!” – Sugawara Koushi
25. “Don’t you ever forget my worthless pride.” – Tooru Oikawa
26. “Does losing prove that you are weak? Isn’t losing difficult for all of you?” – Ittetsu Takeda
27. “Bigger will always be stronger. That is nature’s logic.” – Tanji Washijo
28. “Trying not to think about something is the same as thinking about it.” – Shoyo Hinata
29. “We’re not hung up on winning or losing, so it’ll be troublesome for you guys to lose. How about we throw the game for you?” – Tsukishima Kei
30. “I can’t do any fancy plays, but I can give you guys a solid foundation.” – Daichi Sawamura
Inspirational Haikyuu Quotes That’ll Push You to Do Your Best
31. “I kept the ball in the air, it’s not your place to give up.” – Yu Nishinoya.
32. “Even if a game doesn’t seem clearable at first, after playing it over and over again, you can conquer it.” – Kenma Kozume
33. “If you remain on your knees like that, then it would be a sign of weakness.” – Ittetsu Takeda
34. “No encouragement, just the truth. No more words are needed from the great ace to the other ace.” – Reon Ohira
35. “But now we can fight. Even if they read us or they catch up to us, we can fight!” – Shoyo Hinata
36. “Today might be the chance to grasp the chance to let your talent bloom. Maybe tomorrow, the day after, or next year—maybe even when you’re thirty. I’m not sure if physique has anything to do with it, but if you think that it will never come, it probably never will.” – Tooru Oikawa
37. “Being weak means that there is room to grow.” – Ittetsu Takeda.
38. “Little by little, what you’ve begun will naturally become important to you. What you need at the start is a little bit of curiosity.” – Kiyoko Shimizu
39. “Birds with the wind in their wings are flying across the great blue sky right now. And all of you should be able to make it! To the highest limit, to the farthest limit!” – Ittetsu Takeda.
40. “If they adjust to me, I have to adjust in turn. Whoever stops adjusting won’t be able to continue forward.” – Tobio Kageyama.
41. “Motivation? What more do you need than pride!” – Tadashi Yamaguchi
42. “The fact that he’s different from other people will probably end up being his strength.” – Takashi Utsui
43. “Everyone thinks that being small is more detrimental than it actually is. Even though being smaller puts you at a disadvantage in volleyball, it doesn’t make you completely helpless.” – Korai Hoshiumi
44. “Being strong is being free.” – Tadashi Yamaguchi
Haikyuu Quotes About Winning
45. “There’s no match that you can’t win and there’s no match that you’ll win for sure.” – Ikkei Ukai
46. “There’s only one thing to do in order to win. Practice, practice, practice. Even if you’re puking your guts out, pick up the ball and continue.” – Keishin Ukai
47. “No matter what other people may say, we are the protagonists of the world.” – Akaashi Keiji
48. “If we win, it won’t be because a miracle happened.” – Daichi Sawamura
Haikyuu Quotes on Sports
49. “Spiking isn’t just about slamming the ball to the floor.” – Kotaro Bokuto
50. “The game will be over if you beat him, so isn’t it more fun having something you can’t seem to defeat?” – Tetsuro Kuroo
51. “If we look up instead of straight ahead, we could lose our footing.” – Keishin Ukai
52. “What’s lame isn’t losing the match, it’s to be scared of the match!” – Ryunosuke Tanaka
53. “When you have a brilliant ace, their very existence is a brilliant decoy.” – Kenjiro Shirabu
54. “If you keep your cool, you’ll be able to see what action to take.” – Kotaro Bokuto.
55. “If you’re the king that rules the court, I’ll have to defeat you, and I’ll be the last one standing!” – Shoyo Hinata
Haikyuu Quotes About Teamwork and Leadership
56. “I’m a libero. I’d guard your backs with my life if I had to.” – Yu Nishinoya.
57. “When crows flock, they might even kill a huge white eagle.” – Tooru Oikawa.
58. “A defense with no holes doesn’t exist.” – Wakatoshi Ushijima.
59. “Please become a team of black, like the crows you represent.” – Ittetsu Takeda
60. “As long as I’m here, you’re invincible.” – Tobio Kageyama
Haikyuu Quotes to Help You Reach Your Goals
61. “It’s no fun if you don’t try other options once you know they exist.” – Yu Nishinoya
62. “I have to keep moving forward. I have to keep going!” – Shoyo Hinata
63. “As long as I keep trying, I can do it.” – Ryunosuke Tanaka
Encouraging Haikyuu Quotes That Will Keep You Going
64. “If you’re gonna hit it, hit it until it breaks!” – Tooru Oikawa.
65. “Bokuto is the kind of person that compels you to give it your all, because you know he’s giving it his all.” – Keiji Akaashi.
66. “He’s an energetic brat. An athletic monster. He was totally unknown. And sometimes, he’s like a completely unknown force.” – Daichi Sawamura
67. “It’s true that I’m not very tall, but I can jump!” – Shoyo Hinata
68. “I don’t need any applause. I’m just going to do what I need to do.” – Shinsuke Kita
69. “If you look down on us like that, we’ll chew you up and spit you out.” – Ryunosuke Tanaka
70. “Once my stomach settles down, you better be prepared. ’Cause we’ll really give you something to cry about in the match.” – Shoyo Hinata
71. “I’m not number one in anything at this point in time. But that’s not enough of a reason to quit, nor is it an excuse.” – Ryuunosuke Tanaka
Uplifting Haikyuu Quotes to Get You Through Challenges
72. “A challenge where after ending up on your hands and knees, you must see if you can stand up again? If you stay on your hands and knees, that proves that you are weak.” – Ittetsu Takeda
73. “Things you don’t understand are scary, right?” – Satori Tendo
74. “It’s not just the enemy that can push you beyond our limits.” – Ryunosuke Tanaka
75. “The first game, the second game, the nationals, I’m going to win them all.” – Tobio Kageyama
76. “If you get really good, I promise you, somebody who’s even better will come and find you.” – Kazuyo Kageyama
Haikyuu Quotes to Remind You of How Important Process Is
77. “If we approach each problem one at a time, we’ll be able to figure this out.” – Ittetsu Takeda
78. “Repetition, being methodical, and being through just feels nice.” – Shinsuke Kita
79. “Sometimes things that you start on a whim end up becoming very important to you, too. To get started, I think you just need a little bit of curiosity.” – Kiyoko Shimizu
80. “I am built upon the small things I do everyday, and the end results are no more than a byproduct of that.” – Shinsuke Kita
What Do You Think About These Quotes From Haikyuu?
Haikyuu became a hit and obtained its spot to be one of the best-selling mangas. It’s praised for its realistic approach on players and the sport itself.
Sports play a crucial role in our well-being. It inspires us to be fit, active, and always move towards our dreams.
We hope these quotes taught you a lot about volleyball and life. And same as any sport, life can sometimes be difficult, but it is up to us to persist and never give up.
Which quotes are remarkable to you? Let us know in the comments section below.