Here are 45 JoJo quotes to help you reminisce about your favorite scenes from this iconic anime.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, also known as JJBA, is an anime that was first released in 2012. However, the story has been around for decades, as the Japanese manga was released in 1987.
Its popularity is no joke; JoJo’s manga series is considered one of the best-selling mangas in history! How could it not be when JJBA combines many beloved genres like horror, action, comedy, adventure, and more?
The plot focuses on the Joestar family and their quest to kill supernatural enemies and save the world. Throughout the series, each character discovers an extraordinary power given to them that’ll help them fight off their foes.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure proves it’s worth the popularity and cult following through the lessons it provides viewers. So, if you want to know more about this iconic anime series, don’t miss out on the JoJo quotes below!
Best JoJo Quotes
1. “You truly are the lowest scum in history. You can’t pay back what you owe with money.” – Jotaro Kujo
2. “Being human means having limits. I’ve learned something. The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along.” – Dio Brando
3. “Dio—I don’t understand why you’re so loyal to him. Are you honestly telling me that you’d die for him?” – Jotaro Kujo
4. “Dio, as you have said, our fates are intertwined. I feel an odd warmth for you.” – Jonathan Joestar
5. “Ask for forgiveness from Enya—the woman you killed. But as for me, I never had the slightest intention of forgiving you.” – Jotaro Kujo
6. “What is courage? Courage is owning your fear!” – Will Anthonio Zeppeli
7. “Perhaps—perhaps the time he foretold has come. If this is my destiny, I accept it.” – Will Anthonio Zeppeli
8. “But those are all activities for those who know their places to return to. Where do I go? Where should I go back to? I don’t know.” – Josuke Higashikata
9. “Impossible? We did a lot of impossible things on this journey. I’m tired of hearing that things are impossible or useless. Those words mean nothing to us.” – Jotaro Kujo
10. “Loneliness will make a man hollow.” – Dio Brando
11. “No. People are entitled to their opinions. But this misbegotten oaf has given insult to our friend! Be mindful of the other guests, now, but teach him a lesson!” – Erina Pendleton
12. “The ultimate being embodies the powers of each and every living thing; all lives gather as one. And how beautiful it shines! Truly the most wonderful thing I have ever beheld. I have finally, finally tamed the sun!” – Kars
Famous JJBA Quotes
13. “I don’t want evil from half a century to take you.” – Erina Pendleton
14. “Good grief, don’t underestimate me just because I’m a kid.” – Jotaro Kujo
15. “And that’s why I turned one of your pistols into a banana. It’s your last meal. Take your time—enjoy it.” – Giorno Giovanna
16. “So an act of disrespect is justification for murder in your book? I see now.” – Giorno Giovanna
17. “I’m willing to see our transaction through, are you, sir? I’m fighting to protect my family from those that wish it harm, I doubt very much that your resolve is equal to mine.” – Jonathan Joestar
18. “The last thing I need right now is listening to trash like you, let alone being touched by you. But if you want to embrace me, feel free to try—as long as you don’t mind a painful demise.” – Lisa Lisa
19. “What? The loser is evil? Well, in that case, you’re the evil one after all! The one who’ll be the judge is my stand!” – Jotaro Kujo
Iconic JoJo Quotes
20. “Go out there and take this useless world for all you can get.” – Dio Brando
21. “I always come first! I’m number one! No one looks down their nose at me!” – Dio Brando
22. “Dio! I’m going to make you cry like a baby!” – Jonathan Joestar
23. “I’m going to pulverize him. And I’ll do it fair and square. That way, he’ll know beyond a doubt he can never beat me. Not in a fight, and not in life.” – Dio Brando
24. “I shall give you a chance. Go down two steps, and I’ll let you join my side again. But if you’d rather die, then climb those stairs.” – Dio Brando
25. “Just shut up already. I have nothing more to say to you. You’re way too pathetic. I’m done wasting my breath.” – Jotaro Kujo
JoJo Quotes That’ll Take You Back to Your Favorite Scenes
26. “I despise all mongrels. They don’t scare me, I just can’t stand them fawning over the unworthy. So keep your mangy mutt away from me, Joestar!” – Dio Brando
27. “Most men’s hearts are restrained by mortal, recoiling in fear from the fabulous fruits of evil. But some do not constrain themselves to the mortality and its tyranny. They are the Vanguard. Serve me, Jack the Ripper. Submit yourself to me, and I shall give powers beyond your belief. I ask for only one thing in return.” – Dio Brando
28. “Father, rest in peace. Let the smoke guide your soul to Heaven. But I ask you for a final favor, let the flames burn with your strength.” – Jonathan Joestar
29. “Walking on water when you obviously lack proper training is quite an accomplishment. However, if you truly wish to master Hamon in a month, you must be prepared to die for it!” – Lisa Lisa
30. “A disgusting insect like you has a lot of nerve to speak to me like that.” – Dio Brando
JoJo Quotes for Fans of This Amazing Anime
31. “Know this. I may be your guest in your home, but I’m not one to be trifled with. In all things, I am number one! Look down upon me, and you will regret it!” – Dio Brando
32. “Shoot me if you want to! But you better be prepared to face the consequences. The moment you try to pull that trigger, I’ll snap your fingers in half like matchsticks!” – Joseph Joestar
33. “I want to be a true gentleman. You were a lady in distress. A true gentleman has to be brave enough to go into a fight he knows he’ll lose.” – Jonathan Joestar
34. “Are you really trying to shoot me? I like you. At the moment you tried to kill me, you weren’t sweating, and your breathing was even. You were absolutely calm, as I’d expect from Hol Horse.” – Dio Brando
35. “But Dio, I can’t let you live like this. It’s my fault. I’ll finish it.” – Jonathan Joestar
36. “You’ve got to say something more like this before you get revenge. My name is Jean Pierre Polnareff. For my sister’s honor, and so that my friend Avdol can rest in peace, I’m going to hurl you into the depths of despair!” – Jean Pierre Polnareff
37. “Suppose that you were sitting down at a table. The napkins are in front of you; which napkin would you take? The one on your left? Or the one on your right? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually, you would take the one on your left side. That is ‘correct’ too. But in a larger sense of society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute ‘society’ with the ‘Universe.’ The correct answer is that ‘It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.’ Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there’s no choice but for others to also take the ‘right’ napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left because they have no other option. This is ‘society.’” – Funny Valentine
Funny JoJo Quotes to Make Your Day Brighter
38. “So this is the brat I must usurp. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is quick to anger. This pampered fool is nothing for the likes of Dio Brando!” – Dio Brando
39. “You were ugly and sly. You drove Mom to death. You were a terrible father! You want me to be rich? Don’t worry. I will be. And I’ll use any means necessary.” – Dio Brando
40. “You’re goddamn right! Everything worked out according to the plan—from the very beginning! I just got lucky, but thinking I outsmarted him will drive Kars nuts.” – Joseph Joestar
41. “Well, my arms are folded, and my eyes are closed. This is a victory laugh, Esidisi. You lost today because you snoozed for 2,000 years.” – Joseph Joestar
42. “This is the story of me starting to walk. Not in the physical sense, but in an adolescence to adulthood kind of way.” – Johnny Joestar
More Quotes From JJBA in Japanese
43. “Hinjaku, hinjaku!” (Weak, weak!) – Dio Brando
44. “Sora koboreochita futatsu no hoshi ga.” (Twin stars fell from the sky.) – Joseph Joestar
45. “Fujimi!! Furōfushi! Sutando pawā!” (Immortality! Invincibility! Stand power!) – Joseph Joestar
How Old Were You When You First Came Across JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure?
If you were young when you first watched this anime series, it’s high time you watch it again! After all, like most shows we first watch when we’re younger, we usually don’t fully absorb what the show’s trying to tell us.
Yes, it’s a very entertaining piece to help kids pass the time. However, besides that, if you really pay attention, you’ll find that JJBA has a lot of meaningful lessons on a person’s flaws, self-improvement, taking risks, and more.
First, the Joestar family helps us realize that, as humans, we are all imperfect; we all have room for improvement. So, it’s our responsibility to take steps to better ourselves.
We won’t improve if we only rely on others. We must take it upon ourselves to do what is necessary to be the best version of ourselves.
JJBA also teaches us that life is nothing without taking risks. No one from the series would be able to defeat their foes if they didn’t take a chance; it’s the same in life, as we also have to go out of our comfort zones to achieve success!
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is undoubtedly worth watching, and its best quotes are worth bookmarking. With that, we hope we were able to provide you with lessons you can live by through the JoJo quotes above!