If you love watching rom-com movies that tackle couples’ love stories and funny moments, these Hitch quotes are perfect for you!
Hitch is a classic movie starring Will Smith as Alex “Hitch” Hitchens, a professional date doctor. He’s the one who secretly plans the dates of his clients and dictates how they should act to ensure they’ll get the woman of their dreams. His job is not typical, but he is very good at what he does.
Albert Brennaman is one of Hitch’s clients who desperately follows his advice to get the girl he likes. But, it seems like the girl’s unaffected by everything he does, so Albert just starts to show his true self.
This was a moment of realization for the audience, as it shows that one can only capture another’s heart if he shows his true self. In addition to this lesson, Hitch also learns that his own techniques in dating are not working for him.
Indeed, no matter how good we are at what we do, we will always meet our match that’ll make our life more enjoyable.
So, if you want some real techniques for dating, this collection should be on your must-read list!
Check out the complete list below.
Best Hitch Quotes
1. Hitch Hitchens: “Now, on the one hand, it is very difficult for a man to even speak to someone who looks like you. But, on the other hand, should that be your problem?”
Sara Melas: “So life’s kind of hard all around.”
Hitch Hitchens: “Not if you pay attention. I mean, you’re sending all the right signals—no earrings, heels under two inches, your hair is pulled back, you’re wearing reading glasses with no book, drinking a grey goose martini, which means you had a hell of a week and a beer just wouldn’t do it. And if that wasn’t clear enough, there’s always the ‘fuck off’ sign that you have stamped on your forehead.”
2. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Hitch Hitchens
3. “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows, but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re enjoying your life, and the next you’re wondering how you ever lived without them.” – Hitch Hitchens
4. “Like I always tell my clients, begin each day as if it were on purpose.” – Hitch Hitchens
5. Sara Melas: “What should we toast to?”
Hitch Hitchens: “Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.”
6. “Because that’s what people do! They leap and hope to God they can fly. Because otherwise, we just drop like a rock, wondering the whole way down, ‘Why in the hell did I jump?’ But here I am, Sara, falling. And there’s only one person that makes me feel like I can fly. That’s you.” – Hitch Hitchens
Hitch Quotes That Instill Wisdom on Genuine Love
7. “Basic principles, no woman wakes up saying, ‘God, I hope I don’t get swept off my feet today!’ Now, she might say, ‘This is a really bad time for me,’ or something like, ‘I just need some space,’ or my personal favorite, ‘I’m really into my career right now.’ You believe that? Neither does she. You know why? Because she’s lying to you, that’s why. You understand me? Lying! It’s not a bad time for her. She doesn’t need any space. And she may be into her career, but what she’s really saying is, ‘Uh, get away from me now,’ or possibly, ‘Try harder, stupid.’ But which one is it? Sixty percent of all human communication is nonverbal, body language. Thirty percent is your tone. So that means that 90% of what you’re saying ain’t coming out of your mouth. Of course, she’s going to lie to you! She’s a nice person. She doesn’t want to hurt your feelings. What else is she going to say? She doesn’t even know you yet. Luckily, the fact is that just like the rest of us, even a beautiful woman doesn’t know what she wants until she sees it, and that’s where I come in. My job is to open her eyes. Basic principles, no matter what, no matter when, no matter who, any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom.” – Hitch Hitchens
8. “When you’re wondering what to say or how you look, just remember, she’s already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it’s no longer your job to make her like you. It’s your job not to mess it up.” – Hitch Hitchens
9. “You know what it’s like getting up every morning feeling hopeless, feeling like the love of your life is waking up with the wrong man? But, at the same time, hoping that she still finds happiness, even if it’s never going to be with you?” – Albert Brennaman
10. “Relationships are for people who are just waiting for something better to come along.” – Sara Melas
Hitch Quotes to Feel the Spark of Romance
11. Albert Brennaman: “You know, honestly, I never knew I could feel like this. You know? I swear I’m going out of my mind. It’s like I want to throw myself off of every building in New York. I see a cab, and I just wanna dive in front of it because then I’ll stop thinking about her.”
Hitch Hitchens: “Look, you will. Just give it time.”
Albert Brennaman: “That’s just it. I don’t want to. I mean, I’ve waited my whole life to feel this miserable. I mean, and if this is the only way I can stay connected with her, then well, this is who I have to be.”
12. “One dance, one look, one kiss, that’s all we get, Albert. Just one shot to make the difference between happily ever after, and oh he’s just some guy I went to something with once.” – Hitch Hitchens
13. Sara Melas: “So, you kinda like me, huh?”
Hitch Hitchens: “No. I love you.”
14. Hitch Hitchens: “What is the objective?”
Albert Brennaman: “Shock and awe.”
Short but Iconic Hitch Quotes to Ponder On
15. “Basic principles, there are none.” – Hitch Hitchens
16. “I’m a guy. Since when do we get anything right the first time?” – Hitch Hitchens
17. “There is more to life than to watch other people live it.” – Max
More Hitch Quotes for Some Meaningful Lessons
18. “Does it ever occur to women that maybe a guy might like to have a plan, you know, because he’s nervous? He’s not sure that he could just walk up to you and you’d respond if he said, ‘I like you.’ ‘I like you.’ ‘I like you!’” – Hitch Hitchens
19. Hitch Hitchens: “Do you know the definition of perseverance, Miss Melas?”
Sara Melas: “An excuse to be obnoxious?”
Hitch Hitchens: “Continuing a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition or previous failure, over.”
20. Hitch Hitchens: “Lean in, place your hand on the small of her back, say it in her ear like a secret. But watch your hand placement; too high says, ‘I just wanna be friends,’ too low says, ‘I just wanna grab some ass.’”
Albert Brennaman: “Okay. Friends ass me.”
Did This Collection Inspire You to Be Yourself When Trying to Find Genuine Love?
Success in your career path is one of the best feelings a person can experience. But, how will you cope if all the things you believe you’re best at don’t work in your own life? Perhaps it’s the biggest challenge you’ll ever face, like what happened to Hitch Hitchens.
Hitch already knows a lot about relationships since he is a dating consultant. But, when he finally found a girl he liked and tried every advice he gave to his past clients, the woman, Sara Melas, remained unimpressed.
This movie proves that when you want a long-term and genuine relationship, you must have the courage to show all that you are. You don’t need to stick to dating rules to amaze the person you want to pursue.
After all, being transparent and authentic with the other person is what matters the most. Staying real will give you the most advantage because it’ll allow you to find someone who can love you wholeheartedly. More than that, it’ll also lead your mind and heart to peacefulness.
Hopefully, these Hitch quotes were able to give you a lot of love and life lessons. Remember, the right person will always accept the real you despite your flaws and imperfections, so don’t try to be someone you’re not!