This list of Hocus Pocus quotes will take you on an unforgettable ride back to the history of witches, Halloween, and more!
Spells and curses are nothing but myths and legends to us now. However, as we all know, everything—even the most absurd stories—is based on truth. For Hocus Pocus, it’s all about the story of three sisters in Salem.
The Sanderson sisters were notorious for practicing black magic. It’s been 300 years since they were executed, and they’ve been waiting for someone to free them again. Max, a teenage boy struggling to fit in, accidentally released these wicked witches.
So, he enlists the help of his younger sister, Dani, and his crush, Allison. Little did they know that a black cat was trapped alongside the witches waiting for the perfect moment to exact his revenge. Thackery Binx, the black cat, saw it as the ideal opportunity to end the Sanderson sisters once and for all!
The plot is interesting enough to get you hooked. However, Hocus Pocus also has excellent music, actors, and meaningful lessons! Read on to find out more.
Best Hocus Pocus Quotes
1. “I put a spell on you, and now you’re mine.” – Winifred Sanderson
2. “You know, I’ve always wanted a child. And now I think I’ll have one—on toast!” – Winifred Sanderson
3. “Oh, look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” – Winifred Sanderson
4. “Billy! I killed you once. I shall kill you again, you maggoty malfeasance.” – Winifred Sanderson
5. “Therefore, it stands to reason, does it not, sisters dear? That we must find the book, brew the potion, and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise. Otherwise, it’s curtains. We evaporate! We cease to exist! Dost thou comprehend?” – Winifred Sanderson
6. Winifred Sanderson: “Don’t get your knickers in a twist! We are just three kindly old spinster ladies.”
Mary Sanderson: “Spending a quiet evening at home.”
Sarah Sanderson: “Sucking the lives out of little children!”
7. “I am beautiful! Boys will love me!” – Sarah Sanderson
8. Sarah Sanderson: “What is this place?”
Mary Sanderson: “It reeks of children.”
Winifred Sanderson: “It is a prison for children.”
9. Winifred Sanderson: “Sisters! All Hallows’ Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok.”
Sarah Sanderson: “Amok! Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok, amok!”
10. “My ungodly book speaks to you. On All Hallow’s Eve, when the moon is round, a virgin will summon us from under the ground. Oh, oh! We shall be back, and the lives of all the children of Salem will be mine!” – Winifred Sanderson
Famous Hocus Pocus Quotes
11. “This is—this is terribly uncomfortable.” – Sarah Sanderson
12. “Sisters, Satan has married Medusa. See the snakes in her hair.” – Mary Sanderson
13. “Sisters, we’ve been gone 300 years.” – Winifred Sanderson
14. “It’s the chocolate-covered finger of a man named Clark!” – Mary Sanderson
15. “I’ll have your guts for garters, girl!” – Winifred Sanderson
16. Mary Sanderson: “Sisters! I have any idea. Since this promises to be a most dire and stressful evening, I suggest we form a calming circle.”
Winifred Sanderson: “I am calm!”
Mary Sanderson: “Oh, sister, thou art not being honest with thyself. Are we? Huh? Come on. Come on. Think soothing thoughts. Rabid bats, black death. Mummy’s scorpion pie.”
17. Billy Butcherson: “Go to hell!”
Winifred Sanderson: “Oh, I’ve been there, thank you. I found it quite lovely.”
18. “Oh, cheese and crust! He’s lost his head. Damn that Thackery Binx!” – Winifred Sanderson
19. “I had to wait 300 years for a virgin to light a candle.” – Thackery Binx
20. “You hags! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful!” – Thackery Binx
Hocus Pocus Quotes That’ll Have You Spellbound
21. “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus.” – Max Dennison
22. “Well, it says to form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends.” – Allison Watts
23. “Well, you see? It’s like this: I—I—um—broke into the old Sanderson house, and I brought the witches back from the dead. See, I even have the book.” – Max Dennison
24. “You lit the Black Flame Candle?” – Cop
25. “Come, little children. I’ll take thee away into a land of enchantment. Come, little children. The time has come to play here in my garden of magic.” – Sarah Sanderson
26. “It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out.” – Dani Dennison
27. “It doesn’t matter how young or old you are; you sold your soul! You’re the ugliest thing that ever lived, and you know it.” – Dani Dennison
28. “It just so happens that Halloween is based on the ancient feast called All Hallow’s Eve. It’s the one night a year where the spirits of the dead can return to Earth.” – Allison Watts
29. “Bubble, bubble! I’m in trouble!” – Bus Driver
Hocus Pocus Quotes to Pique Your Curiosity
30. Winifred Sanderson: “Why, why, why, was I cursed with such idiot sisters!?”
Sarah Sanderson: “Just lucky, I guess.”
31. “Goodbye. Goodbye, cruel world. Goodbye to life. Goodbye, goodbye. Goodbye to all that.” – Winifred Sanderson
32. Ernie: “Gee. We don’t get any smokes from you; we don’t get any cash. What am I supposed to do with my afternoon?”
Max Dennison: “Maybe you could learn to breathe through your nose.”
33. “Come! We fly!” – Winifred Sanderson
34. “Farewell, mortal bus boy!” – Sarah Sanderson
Hocus Pocus Quotes That Will Make Your Thoughts Run Wild
35. “I smell children.” – Mary Sanderson
36. “Unfaithful lover long since dead. Deep asleep in thy wormy bed. Wiggle thy toes, open thine eyes, twist thy fingers toward the sky. Life is sweet, be not shy. On thy feet. So sayeth I!” – Winifred Sanderson
37. “Dead man’s toe, dead man’s toe! Dead, dead, dead!” – Sarah Sanderson
38. “I’ll always take care of you, and my children will take care of you too, and their children after that, and their children after that. Forever and ever.” – Dani Dennison
39. “Aren’t you broads a little bit old to be trick or treating?” – Medusa Lady
40. “Please don’t be sad for me.” – Thackery Binx
41. “Fine, but everyone here knows that Halloween was invented by the candy companies. It’s a conspiracy.” – Max Dennison
42. Mary Sanderson: “We’re young!”
Winifred Sanderson: “Oh, well, younger. But it’s a start!”
43. “Couldn’t you forget about being a cool teenager just for one night?” – Dani Dennison
44. “We’ll be younger in the morning.” – Winifred Sanderson
More Hocus Pocus Quotes for Everyone Who Loved the Movie
45. “Well, fancy! We desire children.” – Winifred Sanderson
46. Dani Dennison: “This cat here, Binx. Right. He can talk. My brother’s a virgin. He lit the Black Flame Candle. The witches are back from the dead, and they’re after us. We need help.”
Jennifer Dennison: “How much candy have you had, honey?”
Dani Dennison: “Mom, I haven’t OD’d. I haven’t even had a piece. They’re real witches. They can fly, and they’re gonna eat all the kids in Salem. They’re real!”
47. “What a fool to give us thy life for thy sister’s.” – Winifred Sanderson
48. “You’ve messed with the great and powerful Max! Now you must suffer the consequences. I’m going to summon the burning rain of death!” – Max Dennison
49. “You’re going to turn me into one of those fat, useless, contented house cats.” – Thackery Binx
50. “Say what you want! Just don’t breathe on me.” – Max Dennison
What Do You Know About the Sanderson Sisters?
If there’s anything the Sanderson sisters crave, it’s youth. They are obsessed with the power, vitality, and beauty that youth brings. This is why they were so bent on sacrificing the kids in Salem.
In hindsight, the sisters’ obsession with youth can send off the wrong message to the movie’s viewers. Young kids watching might think that youth and beauty are something we should all strive to have. After all, many think that the only people who can change the future are the kids, as adults simply don’t have enough time anymore.
However, that’s not the case. As long as you are breathing, you can make a difference. Your physical appearance doesn’t have anything to do with affecting change, success, or happiness.
It’s what’s inside—your goodness and compassion—that leads you to become a powerful and influential person. Step into the spotlight and let your voice be heard!
This is only one of the few profound lessons that Hocus Pocus has to offer. With that, we hope this list was able to motivate you to let go of your obsession with the physical. Instead, put all your energy into becoming a good person inside!