These Home Alone quotes would be a perfect pick-me-up if you grew up watching holiday movies with your family!
Home Alone is a movie that has become synonymous with Christmastime. Every household will stream this movie for hours on end when the holidays come around! Well, who wouldn’t when almost every scene, line, and character from Home Alone is so iconic?
It may be full of laughs and holiday cheer, but aside from that, Home Alone also tackles family, respect, and responsibility. To learn more about these lessons, read through the list we’ve created below.
We’re sure you’ll get a deeper understanding of Home Alone while getting your dose of this Christmas classic!
Best Home Alone Quotes
1. “How you feel about your family is a complicated thing. Deep down, you’ll always love them. But you can forget that you love them and you can hurt them, and they can hurt you.” – Marley
2. “This house is so full of people, it makes me sick! When I grow up and get married, I’m living alone!” – Kevin McCallister
3. “Did I burn down the joint? I don’t think so. I was making ornaments out of fishhooks.” – Kevin McCallister
4. “All the great ones leave their mark. We’re the Wet Bandits.” – Marv Murchins
5. “You can be a little old for a lot of things. You’re never too old to be afraid.” – Marley
6. “I made my family disappear!” – Kevin McCallister
7. “This is ridiculous. Only a wimp would be hiding under a bed. And I can’t be a wimp. I’m the man of the house.” – Kevin McCallister
Home Alone Quotes to Relive Your Childhood Memories
8. “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.” – Gangster Johnny
9. “Fuller, go easy on the Pepsi.” – Leslie McCallister
10. “You’re what the French call, ‘les incompétents.’” – Linnie McCallister
11. “I’m a criminal.” – Kevin McCallister
12. “I’m gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead.” – Gangster Johnny
13. “Guys! I’m eating junk and watching rubbish. You better come out and stop me!” – Kevin McCallister
Iconic Home Alone Quotes That You Must Never Forget
14. “What am I supposed to do, shake his hand and say, ‘Congratulations, you’re an idiot?’” – Megan McCallister
15. “Say—is it true French babes don’t shave their pits?” – Buzz McCallister
16. “All kids, no parents. Probably a fancy orphanage.” – Harry Lyme
17. “Kevin, you’re such a disease.” – Jeff McCallister
18. “Has this toothbrush been approved by the American dental association?” – Kevin McCallister
19. “Have a great trip, bring me back something French!” – Mitch Murphy
20. “Would you please tell him that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back?” – Kevin McCallister
Funny Home Alone Quotes That’ll Make You Burst Into Giggles
21. “Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.” – Kevin McCallister
22. “You better not wreck my trip, you little sourpuss. Your dad is paying good money for it.” – Frank McCallister
23. “I don’t want to sleep on the hide-a-bed with Fuller. If he has something to drink, he’ll wet the bed.” – Kevin McCallister
24. Marv Murchins: “He’s a kid. Kids are stupid. I know I was.”
Harry Lyme: “You still are, Marv.”
Home Alone Quotes That You Shouldn’t Miss Out On
25. “I don’t care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike! If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son.” – Kate McCallister
26. “There are 15 people in this house and you’re the only one who has to make trouble.” – Kate McCallister
27. “Buzz, I’m reading through all your private stuff, you better come out and pound me!” – Kevin McCallister
More Home Alone Quotes for Those Who Love Christmas Movies
28. “Mom, does Santa Clause have to go through customs?” – Brooke McCallister
29. “Merry Christmas little fella. We know that you’re in there and that you’re all alone.” – Harry Lyme
30. “No, no, no, no, no. It’s Christmastime. There’s always a lot of burglaries around the holidays. So we’re just in the neighborhood to see if everyone’s taking the proper precautions. That’s all.” – Harry Lyme
Did You Also Grow Up Watching Home Alone Every Christmas?
Home Alone zoomed in on how the McCallister family left one of their children behind when they went on a Christmas vacation to Paris. This set the tone for a hilarious, light, and comedic movie. But, beyond this, the movie teaches us about respect, responsibility, and how family dynamics work.
Kevin McCallister, the protagonist, was the youngest child of Peter and Kate McCallister. In their family, he was treated poorly by his older siblings, and he felt like his feelings weren’t being heard and validated by his parents. This was the main driving force behind his sense of joy when he got left behind, all alone, during Christmas.
During the time he spent alone, he felt free. This led him to do what he always wanted but couldn’t do when his family was around—eat junk food, watch action-packed movies, and more. However, it wasn’t all fun, as he needed to defend himself and their home from burglars.
Home Alone is a series of comical interactions. Yet, through Kevin McCallister, we learn to be more responsible and accountable for our actions. And, through his family, we understand that communication and understanding are vital in maintaining respect in our homes.
Home Alone is the perfect Christmas movie for every family. But, it’s also a great masterpiece to watch whenever you need a mood boost. With that, we hope we were able to lift your spirit and teach you a thing or two through this list!