These imperfection quotes will change the way you view yourself and life!
We are all unique individuals with different strengths.
Remember that just because others are better at one thing than you doesn’t make you less of a person. You have your own strengths that others don’t have, too.
No human is perfect, and all our flaws make us beautiful in our own way. If you find this hard to believe, read this list of imperfection quotes now.
We’re optimistic that it’ll steer you toward self-acceptance and self-love!
Continue to the list below.
Best Imperfection Quotes
1. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together.” – Brené Brown
2. “This is life, and imperfection is beautiful, and don’t be afraid of that.” – Dylan O’Brien
3. “Your imperfections are marks of authenticity, and that is the beauty of you.” – Isaac Fowler
4. “One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist. Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.” – Stephen Hawking
5. “Imperfection clings to a person, and if they wait till they are brushed off entirely, they would spin forever on their axis, advancing nowhere.” – Thomas Carlyle
6. “Things do not always go as planned. We have to make room for imperfection in our lives. Those imperfect moments are the moments we grow the most.” – Cara Alwill Leyba
7. “Imperfection is not our personal problem—it is a natural part of existing.” – Tara Brach
Famous Imperfection Quotes
8. “Imperfection is a form of freedom.” – Anh Ngo
9. “The word ‘imperfect’ actually spells ‘I’m perfect’ because everyone is perfect in their own imperfect ways.” – Anonymous
10. “You are just human. Being imperfect does not make you any less.” – Kartika Atmadja
11. “Nothing and no one is perfect. It just takes a good eye to find those hidden imperfections.” – Daphne Delacroix
12. “You are imperfect—permanently and inevitably flawed—and you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
Also read: Famous Quotes
Imperfection Quotes to Inspire Acceptance
13. “People call these things imperfections, but they’re not; that’s the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds.” – Good Will Hunting
14. “There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.” – Anonymous
15. “I realized that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect, and beautiful journey of my life.” – Kerry Washington
16. “Stop trying to ‘fix’ yourself; you’re not broken! You are perfectly imperfect and powerful beyond measure.” – Steve Maraboli
17. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
Also read: Acceptance Quotes
Short Imperfection Quotes
18. “Beauty is the shadow of imperfection.” – Simon Van Booy
19. “Imperfection is the greatness of man.” – Ernst Fischer
20. “Imperfection is perfection to a beautiful perspective.” – Anonymous
21. “The more I feel imperfect, the more I feel alive.” – Jhumpa Lahiri
22. “There is a kind of beauty in imperfection.” – Conrad Hall
23. “Embrace your imperfections.” – Anonymous
24. “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice reduces the imperfection.” – Toba Beta
25. “Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.” – Robert H. Schuller
Imperfection Quotes to Find Beauty in All Things
26. “I think every single imperfection adds to your beauty. I’d rather be imperfect than perfect.” – Sonam Kapoor
27. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
28. “Not everyone sees you the way you do. Sometimes our imperfections are what makes us special.” – Abbi Glines
29. “There is no real beauty without some slight imperfection.” – James Salter
30. “We are all wonderful, beautiful wrecks. That’s what connects us—that we’re all broken, all beautifully imperfect.” – Emilio Estevez
31. “If you look closely at a tree, you’ll notice its knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully.” – Matthew Fox
Imperfection Quotes That’ll Change the Way You View Life
32. “Life is full of imperfect things, and imperfect people, and the right attitude helps us create harmony amongst these imperfect people.” – Itayi Garande
33. “Don’t pointless things have a place, too, in this far-from-perfect world? Remove everything pointless from an imperfect life, and it’d lose even its imperfection.” – Haruki Murakami
34. “I told you before that there are different ways to fail. Imperfection is inevitable. That’s life. But it doesn’t sound to me like you failed at all, Eve. It sounds like your dream broke, and you’ve been picking up shattered pieces and blaming yourself when your hands bleed.” – Talia Hibbert
35. “Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups and down, but that’s its beauty.” – Amit Ray
36. “Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly, but merely to be lived. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically lived.” – Mandy Hale
37. “But life isn’t something that should be edited. Life shouldn’t be cut. The only way you’ll ever discover what it truly means to be alive, and human is by sharing the full experience of what it means to be human and each blemish and freckle that comes with it.” – Iain Thomas
Imperfection Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Boost
38. “Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness.” – Karen Nave
39. “Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself; you’ll be happier.” – Roy T. Bennett
40. “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – Gerard Way
41. “I believe that for all our imperfections, we are full of decency and goodness and that the forces that divide us are not as strong as those that unite us.” – Barack Obama
42. “Since no one is perfect, it follows that all great deeds have been accomplished out of imperfection. Yet they were accomplished, somehow, all the same.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
43. “My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents.” – Mahatma Gandhi
44. “I am perfect in my imperfections, secure in my insecurities, happy with my choices, strong in times of weakness, and beautiful in my own way. I am myself.” – Anonymous
Meaningful Imperfection Quotes to Ponder On
45. “To banish imperfection is to destroy expression, to check exertion, to paralyze vitality.” – John Ruskin
46. “If someone is too perfect, they won’t look good. Imperfection is important.” – Eric Cantona
47. “Embrace the honesty of imperfection, and you will be unstoppable.” – Alice Bag
48. “It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite.” – Søren Kierkegaard
49. “Don’t get upset with your imperfections. It’s a great mistake because it leads nowhere—to get angry because you are angry, upset at being upset, depressed at being depressed, disappointed because you are disappointed. So don’t fool yourself. Simply surrender to the power of God’s love, which is always greater than our weakness.” – Saint Francis de Sales
Imperfection Quotes That’ll Make You Think Twice
50. “The road to perfection winds through a land called imperfection.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
51. “A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.” – Confucius
52. “All imperfection is easier to tolerate if served up in small doses.” – Wisława Szymborska
Imperfections Quotes to Understand Your Relationships Better
53. “Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another.” – Jane Austen
54. “All men have their frailties, and whoever looks for a friend without imperfections will never find what he seeks.” – Cyrus the Great
55. “Don’t try and perfect yourself for one person. Wait for the one who loves your imperfections.” – Anonymous
More Quotes About Imperfection
56. “Imperfection doesn’t disqualify you from helping others—it makes you more qualified to give advice in the area you learned from.” – Adam Smith
57. “Imperfection and perfection go so hand in hand, and our dark and our light are so intertwined that by trying to push the darkness or the so-called negative aspects of our lives to the side, we are preventing ourselves from the fullness of life.” – Jeff Bridges
58. “The true genius shudders at incompleteness—imperfection—and usually prefers silence to say something which is not everything that should be said.” – Edgar Allan Poe
59. “Don’t brag about being perfect—imperfections are what makes you attractive.” – Sandra Chami Kassis
60. “No one is perfect—absolutely no one. Like precious stones, we have a few flaws, but why focus on that? Focus on what you like about yourself, and that will bring you happiness and peace.” – Richard Simmons
Did These Quotes Help You Believe That Your Flaws Are Sources of Strength Too?
We are all unique, and no one would ever be exactly the same as another. But, comparing ourselves to the people around us is something we can never avoid totally—it’s completely normal!
When we do this, we’ll undoubtedly find differences in our strengths and weaknesses. Although that’s the case, we should never allow them to discourage us from improving ourselves and living happy lives.
Imperfection is a fact of life and a prerequisite to being humans. If we’re all perfect—with no flaws, mistakes, or shortcomings— what will be left for us to improve on? Our time in this world is significant because of the growth we have to go through, and if we’re already perfect, then we will just get stuck in one place.
So, never down yourself because of your perceived imperfections. Your flaws make you unique, and once you’ve grown and improved them, they’ll eventually be your sources of strength, too! Remember, your imperfections are your armor in our harsh world.
With that, we hope this list of imperfection quotes was able to open your eyes to the beauty that lies behind your flaws. Never, under any circumstance, think that you are any less human because of your shortcomings!