If you want to succeed in life and be extraordinary, then read these excellence quotes we’ve compiled.
Achieving excellence does not happen overnight. It is a lifelong process that requires commitment, hard work, and consistency.
Most of all, it consists of pouring your whole heart and soul and never giving up.
Not everyone is willing to pursue excellence. In fact, many of us settle for mediocrity because we prefer the easy and comfortable route.
But, if we never try to do our best in anything, can we really say we lived a meaningful life?
So, if you want to make a positive change for yourself, then these quotes are for you.
Learn about excellence and leave a lasting impact on the world by reading our entire collection below.
And don’t forget to check out these simplicity quotes and positive quotes.
Best Excellence Quotes
1. “Excellence endures and sustains. It goes beyond motivation into the realms of inspiration.” – Azim Premji
2. “Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.” – Ronnie Oldham
3. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
4. “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
5. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution. It represents the wise choice of many alternatives—choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” – Aristotle
6. “Seeking excellence means choosing to forge your own sword to cut through the limitations of your life.” – James A. Murphy
7. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential—these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius
8. “Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary.” – Warren G. Bennis
9. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception. It is a prevailing attitude.” – Colin Powell
10. “Those who attain any excellence commonly spend life in one pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.” – Samuel Johnson
11. “Excellence is not a destination. It’s a continuous journey that never ends.” – Anonymous
Famous Quotes About Excellence
12. “Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity.” – Thomas S. Monson
13. “Excellence is not a skill. It’s an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
14. “The noblest search is the search for excellence.” – Anonymous
15. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.” – Jessica Guidobono
17. “True excellence is a product of synergy.” – Mack Wilberg
18. “Excellence in anything increases your potential in everything. Nothing with value comes without a price.” – Anonymous
19. “The pursuit of excellence with unrestrained passion can lead to the accomplishment of wonders with unsurpassed joy.” – Aberjhani
20. “People of excellence go the extra mile to do what’s right.” – Joel Osteen
Also read: Famous Quotes, Encouraging Quotes
Short Excellence Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
21. “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
22. “Excellence is rarely found, more rarely valued.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
23. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
24. “Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.” – John W. Gardner
25. “There are no shortcuts to true excellence.” – Angela Duckworth
26. “Pursue excellence, and success will follow.” – Rancho
27. “If you don’t value excellence, you won’t achieve excellence.” – Glenn C. Stewart
28. “Excellence is perseverance in the presence of obstacles.” – Anonymous
29. “Excellence requires discomfort.” – T. D. Jakes
30. “Excellence is a direct result of an extra effort.” – Gift Gugu Mona
31. “Excellence is a process that should occupy all our days.” – Theodore Wilhelm Engstrom
32. “Happiness is the full use of one’s talents along lines of excellence.” – John F. Kennedy
Excellence Quotes to Help You Fully Understand What It Entails
33. “Many people can reach for and achieve excellence. To do this consistently is what separates masters and geniuses from everyone else.” – Paul Russo
34. “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence, but by the distance, they have traveled from the point where they started.” – Henry Ward Beecher
35. “It doesn’t cost more to strive for excellence, but if you settle for mediocrity, it’ll cost you dearly.” – Frank Sonnenberg
36. “The secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. Really, it’s a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free.” – Charles R. Swindoll
37. “My meaning simply is that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well. That whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself to completely. That in great aims and in small, I have always been thoroughly in earnest.” – Charles Dickens
Also read: Creativity Quotes
Excellence Quotes That Will Motivate You to Give Your All
38. “Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.” – Booker T. Washington
39. “Excellence is in the details. Give attention to the details in everything you do, and excellence will come.” – Perry Sexton
40. “Excellence in any department can be attained only by the labor of a lifetime. It is not to be purchased at a lesser price.” – Samuel Johnson
41. “Excellence is not a gift, but a skill that takes practice. We do not act rightly because we are excellent. In fact, we achieve excellence by acting rightly.” – Plato
42. “Aspire greatly. Anything less than a commitment to excellence becomes an acceptance of mediocrity.” – Brian Tracy
43. “The extent of your impact on the world depends on the size of your devotion to excellence.” – Robin Sharma
44. “We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.” – Barack Obama
45. “Our attitude to focus on excellence not only made us successful but also timelessly inspirational.” – Kishore Bansal
46. “We can never achieve and succeed without first making excellence second nature.” – Jolene Church
47. “Striving for excellence motivates you.” – Harriet B. Braiker
48. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less than excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
49. “The future belongs to only those who would attain excellence in the field of their own choice.” – Abhijit Naskar
Also read: Consistency Quotes
Excellence Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Guide to Succeed
50. “If you deliver excellence right now, that gives you the best shot at the best future you’ve got coming.” – Robert Forster
51. “If you want to achieve excellence, you must refuse to let anything stand in the way of your potential.” – Sai Pradeep
52. “Blossoming out through one’s comfort zone should be well-meaning so as to achieve newer levels of excellence.” – Priyavrat Thareja
53. “A passive mindset manages to live with mediocre, but an active mindset leads to change until excellence results.” – Orrin Woodward
54. “Either find a way or make one. You can bend but you can never break if you want to achieve excellence.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
55. “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.” – Rick Pitino
56. “Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality. The other, a matter of time.” – Habeeb Akande
Also read: Success Quotes, Persistence Quotes
Insightful Excellence Quotes to Increase Your Knowledge
57. “As long as you remain true to yourself and continue training with sincerity, nobody can stop you from achieving excellence.” – Milkha Singh
58. “Do you know great minds enjoy excellence, average minds love mediocrity, and small minds adore comfort zones?” – Onyi Anyado
59. “The excellent person manages himself. He will not allow the environment to manage him.” – Rex Resurreccion
60. “Excellence must be achieved through the eyes of those who judge us. Once achieved, it can only be maintained with constant innovation.” – Tom Collins
What Are Your Main Motivations for Pursuing Excellence?
Excellence means doing your best consistently and without any doubt. Although trying to reach it may sound simple and easy, it is something that everyone will struggle with. After all, we are just humans who have down times and get demotivated.
In these low points of life, we must remind ourselves of our primary motivations. Try to remember the reasons why you started to pursue excellence and be the best you can be. Things may change, but our goal of being the best will still be the light that shines at the end of our tunnel.
It will be a tiring journey uphill, so feel free to stop and rest every now and then. Use this time to reflect and think deeply about your decisions in life. No matter what, the important thing is that you never lose sight of your goals.
Hopefully, this collection of excellence quotes was able to inspire you to keep doing your best in life. Be proud of yourself and continue attempting to reach your full potential!