These inner peace quotes will be your ultimate guide in living a quiet and blissful life.
Life can be noisy and chaotic. Sometimes, it is so difficult to feel at peace with life that it affects our well-being and disturbs the calmness of our souls. In these moments, we must understand the importance of nurturing the peace inside us.
By having inner peace, stressful external conditions cannot affect us.
It is our root under the ground that keeps us strong and happy no matter how bad the situation is. Living with peace inside us removes all the worry and anxiety that our mind makes.
So, if you need wise words to enlighten you about inner peace, add this to your must-read list.
Check out our entire collection below to learn about inner peace!
Let’s get started.
Best Inner Peace Quotes
1. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” – Marvin Gaye
2. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
3. “Inner peace is like a clean and spacious room, empty of unnecessary, old, or broken stuff.” – Remez Sasson
4. “Never be in a hurry. Do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” – Francis de Sales
5. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Each one has to find his peace from within, and peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is, therefore, the means for correcting our misperceptions.” – Gerald G. Jampolsky
8. “Having inner peace means committing to letting go of self-criticism and self-doubt.” – Sanaya Roman
9. “Inner peace is when you realize that, in the end, nothing matters.” – Maxime Lagacé
Inner Peace Quotes to Help You Find Calmness in Your Life
10. “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
11. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
12. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” – Norman Vincent Peale
13. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
14. “You need to find that inner peace and contentment that comes with living as simply as possible.” – Ryan Cooper
15. “Acquire inner peace, and a multitude will find their salvation near you.” – Catherine Doherty
16. “By simplifying your life, you could find that niche of inner peace that everyone longs to have.” – Julianne Neilson
17. “True peace cannot be achieved by force or by merely invoking the word ‘peace.’ It can only be attained by training the mind and learning to cultivate inner peace. Peace is a calm and gentle state of mind.” – Ogyen Trinley Dorje
18. “The greatest misfortune that can come to a human being is to lose his inner peace. No outer force can rob him of it. It is his own thoughts, his own actions that rob him of it.” – Sri Chinmoy
Short Inner Peace Quotes That You Will Need to Grow
19. “Inner peace is when you do what’s right and let go of the rest.” – Maxime Lagacé
20. “Freedom from desire leads to inner peace.” – Lao Tzu
21. “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.” – Robert J. Sawyer
22. “Healthy emotional flow is the key to inner peace.” – Jessica Moore
23. “Anything is possible when you have inner peace.” – Master Shifu
24. “You have peace when you make it with yourself.” – Mitch Albom
25. “Inner peace is beyond victory or defeat.” – Bhagavad Gita
26. “I have inner peace. I have accomplished a great deal.” – Neil Sedaka
27. “There is no well-being without inner peace.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
Inner Peace Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Guidance
28. “To seek out your own inner peace is the greatest gift you could ever hope to give to this world.” – Eric Walton
29. “The answer lies within ourselves. If we can’t find peace and happiness there, it’s not going to come from the outside.” – Tenzin Palmo
30. “Treat other people as you would treat yourself. Inner peace can be found by looking within.” – Oliver Benjamin
31. “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” – Roy T. Bennett
32. “Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace.” – Remez Sasson
33. “If anything interferes with my inner peace, I will walk away. Arguments with family members. All that stuff. None of it matters.” – Shirley MacLaine
34. “First, keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.” – Thomas á Kempis
35. “Chaotic people often have chaotic lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that.” – Imelda Staunton
36. “Learn to relax. Your body is precious, as it houses your mind and spirit. Inner peace begins with a relaxed body.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Inner Peace Quotes That Are Full of Wisdom
37. “Inner peace can be found as we learn to mindfully view the reality of who we really are and how we perceive the reality of the world around us.” – Peter M. Kalellis
38. “If there’s no inner peace, people can’t give it to you. The husband can’t give it to you. Your children can’t give it to you. You have to give it to you.” – Linda Evans
39. “Peace that is in the inner heart, inner mind, and inner spirit that comes from a deep level of our beautiful surroundings and all that share in that beauty.” – M. Lee
40. “The freest people in the world are those who have senses of inner peace about themselves. They simply refuse to be swayed by the whims of others and are quietly effective at running their own lives.” – Wayne Dyer
41. “There is no such thing as peace if you yourself do not have an inner peace about yourself and your actions. Your values, your beliefs, your attitude, and how you live all contribute to that inner peace. If any of these are negative or don’t correspond, then inner peace is difficult to achieve.” – Catherine Pulsifer
42. “Inner peace will set you free from the shackles of everyday society, allowing you to be your true self under any circumstances.” – Robert Washington
43. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chödrön
44. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
45. “There is no inner peace found in taking care of me and mine. It is present in attending to the needs of we and ours.” – John Bruna
More Inner Peace Quotes to Arm You With Knowledge
46. “Real peace is not in power, money, or weapons, but in deep inner peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
47. “I’ve made peace with myself. Good for you. That’s the hardest war of all to win. Didn’t say I won. Just stopped fighting.” – Joe Abercrombie
48. “I often find that people confuse inner peace with some sense of insensibility whenever something goes wrong. In such cases, inner peace is a permit for destruction: the unyielding optimist will pretend that the forest is not burning either because he is too lazy or too afraid to go and put the fire out.” – Criss Jami
49. “My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace.” – Denzel Washington
50. “That inner peace can be found within one’s own inner war. It is in the blood, you see!” – Cory McRae
Which Quote Inspired You to Cultivate Your Inner Peace?
Human beings always have the desire for control. We want certain things to go our way because we seek comfort in things we have power over. But, as we grow older, we will realize that life is not something that can ever be controlled and planned fully.
The only thing we have absolute power over is ourselves. When life is in chaos, we can always choose to find peace inside us. We can control the balance in our souls and cultivate calmness in our minds.
At first, practicing finding our inner peace can be challenging, especially with all the noise. But, if we keep doing it and improve our knowledge, we will eventually succeed.
One of the things we can do is to allocate time in our daily lives to meditate and self-reflect. Through this, we separate ourselves from the chaos by simply breathing and knowing more about who we are.
So, we hope these quotes were able to help you take the first step toward cultivating your inner peace. Use this collection to inspire you every day and make you reflect on life.