Browsing this list of true happiness quotes will make your heart swell with joy!
True happiness is a feeling of contentment and fulfillment.
It is knowing and acknowledging that what you have now is enough and you don’t need anything outside of you to be full of joy.
However, some people misunderstand the meaning of true happiness.
They think of exciting holidays, big purchases, or taking a vacation as true happiness, but those are not what it’s about. These things are fun, but they only last shortly.
Read this list that will help you realize what true happiness means.
We’re positive that these quotes will lead you toward true contentment!
Let’s get started.
Best True Happiness Quotes
1. “True happiness is not achieved when you have a perfect life. It is achieved when you are happy with the imperfections.” – Avijeet Das
2. “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller
4. “Learn to be your own best friend first, then you will find true happiness because happiness is from within.” – Gift Gugu Mona
5. “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
6. “Take out the garbage—true happiness comes from within, not from without!” – Ken Poirot
7. “If you are looking for true happiness, you have to change your level of consciousness and deepness of awareness.” – Debasish Mridha
8. “The only thing that holds true happiness is that moment when you’re in it. Nothing can be controlled.” – Eliza Doolittle
9. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
10. “Man’s only true happiness is to live in hope of something to be won by him. Reverence is something to be worshiped by him, and love is something to be cherished by him, forever.” – John Ruskin
Inspirational Quotes About True Happiness
11. “The commencement of true happiness is the realization that your happiness begins with you.” – Ogwo David Emenike
12. “When you discover true happiness, you will find that you are wealthier beyond the dreams of kings.” – Jeffrey Fry
13. “Sometimes you need to let go of things, emotions, and people to achieve true happiness!” – Avijeet Das
14. “The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose.” – John Mason Brown
15. “It’s the moments that I stopped just to be, rather than do, that have given me true happiness.” – Sir Richard Branson
16. “The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” – William Morris
17. “In my life, I’ve learned that true happiness comes from giving. Helping others along the way makes you evaluate who you are. I think that love is what we’re all searching for. I haven’t come across anyone who didn’t become a better person through love.” – Marla Gibbs
Short True Happiness Quotes
18. “True happiness is devoid of any illusion.” – Dada Bhagwan
19. “True happiness involves the full use of one’s power and talents.” – John W. Gardner
20. “True happiness lies in freedom and fulfillment.” – Dada Vaswani
21. “Being of service to others is what brings true happiness.” – Marie Osmond
True Happiness Quotes for Those Who Doubt Their Worth
22. “Seeking external validation brings disappointment. Validate yourself from within to find true happiness.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
23. “True happiness is not found in people, places, or things. It is found in our own hearts.” – Avijeet Das
24. “True happiness starts in the core of our true selves as a constant, a guidepost, a default, and a strength that shines from the inside out.” – Elaina Marie
True Happiness Quotes That Tackle Love and Gratitude
25. “Whenever you choose power over love, you will never find true happiness.” – Karen Salmansohn
26. “I guess I would say true happiness is to love and be loved. Of course, having enough money for food, shelter, health care, and things like that all help, but that is more about security.” – Jason Becker
27. “True happiness can not be achieved through wealth, fame or action, But through love, modesty, and self-satisfaction.” – Mouloud Benzadi
28. “True happiness isn’t found in success, money, fame, or power. True happiness should be found in the here and now. With that kind of insight, you can truly relax.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
True Happiness Quotes to Show How Important Your Loved Ones Are
29. “True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends but in the worth and choice.” – Ben Jonson
30. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” – Chuck Palahniuk
31. “True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self, and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions.” – Joseph Addison
32. “To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind, he can find the way to enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.” – Buddha
True Happiness Quotes for People Who Find Fulfillment in God
33. “All true happiness, pure joy, sweet bounties, and unclouded pleasure are contained within the knowledge and love of God.” – Said Nursî
34. “Real and true happiness is having a relationship with God and not what makes us happy.” – Mike Fisher
35. “Religion will prove to the believer a comforter and a sure guide to the fountain of true happiness.” – Ellen G. White
Also read: God Quotes
More True Happiness Quotes That’ll Leave You With Significant Lessons
36. “Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.” – Norm Papernick
37. “Work hard and stay focused to achieve your goals and dreams in life. That is the path to true happiness!” – Avijeet Das
38. “People look to time in expectation that it will eventually make them happy, but you cannot find true happiness by looking toward the future.” – Eckhart Tolle
39. “Happiness is a constant work in progress because solving problems is a constant work in progress—the solutions to today’s problems will lay the foundation for tomorrow’s problems, and so on. True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving.” – Mark Manson
40. “Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy.” – Anonymous
Did This Collection Give You a Hint as to What Makes You Genuinely Happy?
Some people have a hard time finding true happiness in their lives, and there are several reasons for this. A few feel like genuine happiness is found through just extravagant purchases. Some even think it’s present in celebrations and occasions.
But, this is not the case. You can only find true happiness within.
When we look inside ourselves and find what we truly want out of life, we find our true happiness. It is through pursuing the things we’re passionate about that we find genuine contentment and joy.
Sadly, things are not that simple. It will require patience and tireless effort to find what truly makes you happy and fulfilled. But, we hope this list of quotes was able to serve as a great starting point for you.
Remember that to be truly happy, one does not have to look for material things. The only thing you need to do is to realize that everything you need out of life can be found within you. You are a powerful being, so do your best to shine!