When you feel lost and confused, read these stability quotes and find your balance once again!
As humans, we yearn for stability and predictability. We often prefer to live within our comfort zones instead of trying to push past our limits.
This is because we think we would be unable to function in unknown or chaotic environments.
But, we are built to withstand adversity and challenges. In fact, we thrive and grow in these types of environments. Nonetheless, stability offers us peace of mind and the ability to think through our actions before deciding.
So, to give you more knowledge on the ins and outs of stability, read our list of quotes below!
We’re confident you’ll find some life-changing insights that will help you navigate your life.
Best Stability Quotes
1. “The world is beautiful outside when there is stability inside.” – Anonymous
2. “Above all, human existence requires stability—the permanence of things.” – Georges Bataille
3. “Stability means figuring out how to prioritize what serves you, not feeling like a failure if you don’t do everything perfectly, just balancing everything as best you can.” – Ellen Forney
4. “Stability is everything—be it emotional or physical. You need a solid ground to build anything on.” – Anonymous
5. “Stability can only be attained by inactive matter.” – Marie Curie
6. “The more stable you remain, the more stability you bring. Quiet the noise and find some joy.” – Anonymous
7. “Stability is a part of working to improve yourself by focusing on the positive and remaining persistent.” – Ari Gunzburg
Famous Quotes on Stability
8. “The stability we cannot find in the world, we must create within our own persons.” – Nathaniel Branden
9. “It is a significant thing to be marked by stability in a world that shakes and moves underneath us.” – Alistair Begg
10. “In order to find stability in the world, we must first find stability within ourselves.” – Tyler J. Hebert
11. “True stability results when presumed order and presumed disorder are balanced. A truly stable system expects the unexpected, is prepared to be disrupted, waits to be transformed.” – Tom Robbins
Also read: Famous Quotes
Stability Quotes to Help You Balance Your Emotions
12. “Emotional stability refers to the extent to which a person is calm and secure—a person who is very stable emotionally in many situations and would feel secure.” – Anonymous
13. “You do have to have emotional stability and inner peace about your decisions. It is a game where you are bombarded by minute-by-minute opinions. It’s not a complicated game. It’s simple, but it’s not easy. You have emotional stability.” – Warren Buffett
14. “If our emotional stability is based on what other people do or do not do, then we have no stability. If our emotional stability is based on love that is changeless and unalterable, then we attain the stability of God.” – Marianne Williamson
15. “The moon is an example of practiced stability. It wanes when it must, and reliably returns to full strength. It is a humble model of reasonable potential that I can emulate, and follow.” – Terry Crawford Palardy
Also read: Balance Quotes
Stability Quotes to Keep Your Resolve Firm
16. “There is no stability without solidarity and no solidarity without stability.” – Jose Manuel Barroso
17. “The mind keeps looking for peace and stability somewhere in the future—and that’s the trap.” – Shunya
18. “Be ready to face the worst. This will leave you with stability in your mind.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
19. “Everything shifts when you add another to any equation; if you have no stability within yourself first, you will not be able to find it with another.” – Victoria L. White
20. “The older I get, the more attractive stability becomes. I just want peace of mind and a non-stressful environment.” – Anonymous
21. “Remember above all that mental stability comes by examining the contents of the mind, not by avoidance.” – Vernon Howard
22. “The anchor is a symbol of stability and a strong foundation—something to remind you to stay grounded or to symbolize a particularly stable or grounding relationship.” – Anonymous
Stability Quotes That’ll Guide You in Life
23. “If you want to have stability in life, you have to keep pedaling and moving forward.” – Anonymous
24. “There is nothing stable in the world; uproar’s your only music.” – John Keats
25. “Life is change, change is stability.” – Zen Proverb
26. “People will start staying in your life when you learn the stability in life.” – Rajat Agarwal
27. “Always bring stability in your life by sharing your happiness and sadness with your loved ones. Just like the covalent bonds that share their electrons to remain stable.” – Anonymous
28. “A rock sits on the ground while a flower sits on a thin stem a few inches above the ground. Both are stable in their positions. If the flower tries to mimic the stone’s stability and falls on the ground, it will die. You have to find your own stability in life. What is stability for someone else may cause pain and fear in your life.” – Shunya
29. “People are looking for stability in a shaky world. They want something they can get hold of that’s firm and sure and an anchor in the midst of all of this instability in which they’re living.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
30. “If you’re controlled by your circumstances, life is going to be a roller coaster with ups and downs. God wants you to be stable, consistent, and not moved by any of these things. When you face adversity, when you hit a tough time, one of the best things you can do is simply stay calm. Keep your peace.” – Joel Osteen
Short Stability Quotes That Live in Our Heads Rent-Free
31. “Stability is not immobility.” – Klemens Von Metternich
32. “Flexibility is the key to stability.” – John Wooden
33. “A life of integrity is a life of stability.” – Jeremy Gove
34. “Stability means respecting precedents.” – Arlen Specter
35. “Stability is the enemy of great things.” – Ana Maria Rivera
36. “Safety is indeed stability, but it is not progression.” – Criss Jami
37. “No social stability without individual stability.” – Aldous Huxley
38. “Stability is why society has an interest in marriage.” – Gene Robinson
39. “The enemy of stability can be complacency.” – Ross Brawn
40. “Disorder is inherent in stability.” – Tom Robbins
41. “No one welcomes chaos, but why crave stability and predictability?” – Hugh Mackay
Stability Quotes for Those Seeking Success
42. “There is no coincidence that stability brings success, and success brings stability.” – Robert Green
43. “The key to success is emotional stability.” – Warren Buffett
44. “To win, or to create a great group with a winning mentality, you need first stability. But serenity as well. And it is only by creating an internal and mutual trust that you can achieve it.” – Mattia Binotto
Also read: Success Quotes
Stability Quotes That Zoom in on Growth
45. “The cost of stability is often diminished opportunities for growth.” – Sheryl Sandberg
46. “When stability becomes a habit, maturity and clarity follow.” – BKS Iyengar
47. “Be proud of every step you take towards stability, no matter how big or small.” – Jessica Ann Hardy
48. “Broaden your vision, and maintain stability while advancing forward. That is my philosophy.” – Li Ka-Shing
49. “We stay the same as we’ve always been, keeping to the path we’ve walked our whole lives. Paths that carry so much importance and perceived stability that we are utterly convinced it is the only one to walk—that anyone not walking it with us is being misled.” – A.J. Darkholme
Profound Stability Quotes for Everyone Who Believes in Love
50. “Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability.” – Ram Dass
51. “Too old to be jumping from person to person. At this age, loyalty, consistency, and stability is the goal.” – Anonymous
52. “Stability doesn’t require a relationship, but a relationship requires two stable people!” – Anonymous
53. “Always remember that the most important thing in a good marriage is not happiness, but stability.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Other Stability Quotes That You Must Read Today
54. “Stability is more important than ecstasy. If ecstasy comes before stability, you are heading for a crash.” – Sadhguru
55. “The stability of a nation lies in the fear of the Sovereign Lord.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “We will never know peace and stability in the world without balance. And we will never know balance without justice for all.” – Suzy Kassem
57. “Never think that lack of variability is stability. Don’t confuse lack of volatility with stability, ever.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
58. “Stability leads to instability. The more stable things become, and the longer things are stable, the more unstable they will be when the crisis hits.” – Hyman Minsky
59. “Stability and a prosperous life cannot be set off against a set of political rights and freedoms.” – Dmitry Medvedev
60. “There are some very ancient souls stuck here. In their previous births, they have been everything other people are trying to be. In this birth, they can’t figure out what they should do. Their interests change every day. Or nothing interests them at all. Only a life of solitude can give them stability.” – Shunya
Did You Change Your Views and Opinions on Stability After Reading This List?
Like most things in life, stability has its pros and cons. One of its advantages is that we have a clearer picture of what goes on in our lives, and we can cultivate peace of mind with its help. But, on the flip side, it also stagnates our growth and development.
After all, growth happens in uncomfortable situations. It’s when we face the unknown, the challenging, and the frightening parts of life that we discover more about ourselves and our capabilities. In turn, when everything is permanent and unchanging, we stagnate as humans, too.
That’s why it’s crucial to find your ground zero. You must find an anchor that will keep you stable, no matter how hard the ship of life shakes due to the waves of adversity.
So, if you find yourself lost, confused, or scared, read through this list again. Keep our collection in your bookmarks so you have something to look back on when you need some inspiration and motivation in life!