Giving up will always be easy, but it’s not always the right way to go, so let these Jennie Finch quotes help you move past whatever obstacle!
Jennie Finch proved to be an inspiration to softball enthusiasts, especially women athletes. By advocating for equality in sports, she opened many doors and opportunities for others.
She is fierce and competitive, but Jennie Finch also has a soft heart and a nurturing character. This allowed her to ignite dreams and hopes in the hearts of young girls around the globe.
Her life, experiences, and words definitely have a lot to teach us. So, continue reading our collection below to learn more about her journey in the world of sports!
Start reading here.
And don’t forget to check out these softball quotes and baseball quotes.
Best Jennie Finch Quotes
1. “You’re not going to get off the couch and be at some amazing fast pace or burn crazy amounts of calories, but you have to start somewhere. Eventually, you’ll get there.”
2. “Never limit yourself, never be satisfied, and smile—it’s free!”
3. “Looking back, I’ve learned the most from the bad coaches, really. How not to act, how not to coach, how not to treat people. So I always say no matter what situations you’re faced with, how bad it is, you can always walk away and learn. You can always rise above it.”
4. “When you train six to seven hours a day to be the best in your sport, you don’t want that to be overlooked. I don’t train for my looks.”
5. “When I’m in the game, it’s not so much mechanics. It’s more of just trusting my teammates, trusting myself, trusting my preparation that we’ve put in to get there. When you’re in the game, it’s go mode. There’s going to be times when you’re tweaking things but when you’re in that game mode, you just want to think about that one next pitch.”
6. “You can’t always control the circumstances—only how you react to those circumstances. You can always control your attitude and your effort.”
Famous Jennie Finch Quotes
7. “It is incredible how far women have come and women in sports have come.”
8. “If I’m with my sons, I want to give them 100%. Whatever I am doing at that moment, I want to make the most of it.”
9. “When I was 12, I had a coach tell me I would never be a championship pitcher. That devastated me. I was crushed.”
10. “I can’t tell you how much I respect all the single parents out there doing it all solo.”
11. “It’s so empowering to see yourself as a machine.”
12. “I’m playing first base and pitching and hitting. I feel like I’m almost better than I’ve ever been. It’s like, ‘You’re going to walk away like this?'”
13. “Got any pitches? I got five pitches-rise-ball, curveball, screwball, drop-ball, and changeup.”
Also read: Famous Quotes, Positive Quotes
Jennie Finch Quotes to Show Her Views on Losing
14. “When I lose, I take it very personally.”
15. “I mean, I love winning, but losing is a much more intense feeling.”
16. “My goal is to never lose. That may not be realistic, but I’m going to try.”
Jennie Finch Quotes That Prove That Women Belong in Sports
17. “Growing up, I looked up to major league baseball players, and now these young women have amazing, incredible women all across the board, from swimming to gymnastics to softball to basketball.”
18. “The whole sexiness thing—I don’t know if I’m comfortable with that. But it has helped the sport grow. I think it changes how people see women’s athletics.”
19. “I had female role models to look up to starting in middle school, athletes like Julie Foudy and Mia Hamm who made me realize that there was room in the world of sports for women. They ignited my dream of becoming an Olympic athlete.”
20. “Seeing women on television was very important to me. It opened my eyes to the possibilities of women’s sports. It showed me what I could do and who I could be.”
21. “The attention I get has been great. It has opened so many doors for me. It’s nice that people are accepting beautiful women as athletes. It’s encouraging to girls that muscles don’t mean you can’t be beautiful.”
22. “When I was growing up, softball had stereotypes along with other female sports. But society is definitely changing since the WNBA and WUSA. Muscles on female athletes are okay now. Young girls can look up to beautiful, athletic, fit women.”
Also read: Encouraging Quotes, Strong Women Quotes
Motivational Jennie Finch Quotes to Keep You Moving
23. “Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine!” 24. “And my dad drilled it in my head, you know, ‘If you want it bad enough, and you’re willing to make the sacrifices, you can do it. But first, you have to believe in yourself.’”
25. “You have been doing something that has brought you success, and you are in the playoffs because you have been doing something right.”
26. “I had the vision of creating my own camp to make sure I was teaching the campers what I wanted. Plus I picked other players that were good on the field and off so we could be great role models for these girls to look up to. I hope to inspire others and encourage them to go after their dreams.”
27. “My life has been centered around sports. It is where I have met my closest friends and shaped the values that have made me a successful athlete, student, and role model for young people.”
Jennie Finch Quotes for Those Who Aspire to Be Athletes
28. “The main thing is to win. You just try to keep your tunnel vision on to get the team the win.”
29. “I think that when young players really see their game rise to the next level, it’s when practices are like competition and there’s no separation there. Of course, there is adrenaline and the butterflies; you don’t have that so much in practice. You want to fake yourself out and try to get them there because you want to be as close to that game mentality as you can when you step on that field every single day whether it’s practice or in your backyard or down the street with your dad.”
30. “I do my job on the mound and then do what I can at the plate, always working on helping the team any way I can.”
31. “I may be wearing makeup, but I can throw a fastball by you at the same time.”
Short Jennie Finch Quotes to Ponder On
32. “To some softball is a game; to others it’s life.”
33. “It’s all about balance and—I think—being in the moment.”
34. “I’m pretty adaptable and can adjust to any environment.”
35. “I’m a role model for lots of young girls.”
36. “There’s nothing better than working up a good sweat.”
Jennie Finch Quotes to Get a Glimpse of the World of Softball
37. “Softball has given me so much in life. It’s taught me the kind of person I want to be and given me a sweet sisterhood. It even led me to my husband.”
38. “Softball is amazing that way as a sport. Everyone on the field has a slightly different ability that makes them perfect for their position.”
39. “It’s a game of failure. Everybody would play, that was easy and everyone was not playing because it is so tough. But it’s a matter of keep plugging away, keep working hard, believing in yourself and it is a team sport and there is nothing better than being out there, having a ball in your hand, playing the game that you love and ultimately that’s what it comes down is having fun and enjoying it.”
40. “A macho attitude is totally to my advantage. Guys try to hit it 400 feet out of the park, but in softball, you have to use a short, quick swing. Big, huge swings equal big, huge strikeouts.”
41. “Our sports is a game of failure already so my dad always says to parents who he is a pitching coach and he’s been my pitching coach since I was 11 years old is if they can be the best kid on the team, let them experience that and then obviously the challenge has to come later on but you don’t get that opportunity very often and confidence is such a huge part of this game and in life in general.”
Jennie Finch Quotes That Zoom in on Motherhood
42. “A miracle is really the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth. It’s unbelievable how God has made us women and babies to endure and be able to do so much. A miracle, indeed. Such an incredible blessing.”
43. “From what I hear, it’s a normal thing to feel guilty as a mother, especially when trying to fill the needs of a newborn along with maintaining what you had with your first child.”
44. “I try to squeeze in a workout whenever I can, even if it’s doing squats with my seven-month-old in the kitchen or jumping on the trampoline with my five-year-old.”
45. “You don’t take a class; you’re thrown into motherhood and learn from experience.”
46. “To keep children healthy, it’s important to keep them active. Of course, you can control what goes into their mouths, but it’s also about putting the active back into family activity. Go outside with them, live in the moment, and encourage them. That’ll help you find fulfillment in your life as well.”
47. “Have unconditional love for your children no matter what happens. Give them time even in the midst of this busy life—the one-on-one with them.”
More Jennie Finch Quotes to Learn From
48. “As a believer, I know that Jesus Christ has a plan and it’s not going to be my plan. It’s not always succeeding and looking back it’s amazing looking back to see how God works in mysterious ways, not always good ways, rough ways but those rough times, those rough patches, and those swamps and all those things that I went through are looking back, were such incredible life lessons for me not only to shape and build me as an athlete but most importantly, my character as a person.”
49. “Dad was the pitching coach, while mom was the emotional supporter. Her unconditional love was great, and she wanted what was best for me. It was more about what she did than what she said, and she made sure I was the best I could be.”
50. “Growing up, I watched softball and USA softball, and that was my goal of being able to represent my country and wear the red, white, and blue out there, and I think it is one of the highest honors to be able to go out there and compete for your country, and it was something so very special, and it was everything I dreamt of and more.”
Did These Jennie Finch Quotes Push You to Persevere in Life?
It’s easy to glorify one’s success and achievements. But, few people are aware of the sacrifices made behind each person’s milestone in life. For Jennie Finch, many things had to be put on hold so she could pave the way to her dreams.
Being in sports requires total dedication and focus. At the same time, as a mother, she also had to focus on her family. She struggled to balance these two critical aspects of her life, which showed how human she was despite her greatness.
She had dilemmas and weaknesses, yet she powered through everything with her constant grit and determination. These qualities are some things that we can all take inspiration from. She is a reminder that our attitude in life helps us see things through to the end and makes our sacrifices all worth it.
Balancing our personal lives and our passions or careers will never be easy. But, we hope that this list of the best Jennie Finch quotes was able to give you a good jump-off point.
Which of these Jennie Finch quotes inspired you to persevere in life? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so drop them in the comments area below!