Here are our favorite Jumanji quotes from the franchise that will undoubtedly up your energy!
The 1995 Jumanji movie starred Robin Williams. Later, it was adapted into two more movies starring Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and other outstanding stars. Though the original movie and book were adapted into something modern, the quest for adventure was kept at the heart of everything.
Jumanji is a board game that conjures jungle-based hazards and quests upon the players. It’s exciting, one-of-a-kind, and packed with fantasy and mystery. However, no matter how fun it might seem outside, Jumanji is hard to get out of; it’s a matter of life and death.
So, read on to see what awaits you if you play this game. We’ve listed the best and most iconic Jumanji quotes for fans!
Best Jumanji Quotes
1. Sarah Whittle: “Alan, please, the last time I played this game, it ruined my life.”
Alan Parrish: “It ruined your life? ‘In the jungle, you must wait ’til the dice read five or eight.’”
Sarah Whittle: “I was a little girl, Alan. You disappeared, and a bunch of bats surrounded me and chased me down the street. I was afraid. I’m sorry, Alan. No one believed me. I was all alone.”
Alan Parrish: “So was I. For 26 years, Sarah.”
2. Alan Parrish: “Jumanji: a game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token, doubles gets another turn, the first player to reach the end wins.”
Judy Shepherd: “Adventurers beware: do not begin unless you intend to finish. The exciting consequences of the game will vanish only when a player has reached Jumanji and called out its name.”
3. “It’s the law of the jungle, Sarah. You’ll get used to it.” – Alan Parrish
4. “What, are you crying? You don’t cry, alright? You keep your chin up. Come on, keep your chin up. Crying never helped anybody do anything, okay? You have a problem, you face it like a man.” – Alan Parrish
5. “You think that mosquitos, monkeys, and lions are bad? That is just the beginning. I’ve seen things you’ve only seen in your nightmares. Things you can’t even imagine. Things you can’t even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eating, and you hope to God that you’re not dessert. Afraid? You don’t even know what afraid is. You would not last five minutes without me.” – Alan Parrish
6. Van Pelt: “Any last words?”
Alan Parrish: “Jumanji.”
Van Pelt: “What?”
7. Benjamin Sproul: “What if someone digs it up?”
Caleb Sproul: “May God have mercy on his soul.”
8. Alan Parrish: “A hunter from the darkest wild makes you feel just like a child.”
Sarah Whittle: “What is it?”
Alan Parrish: “Van Pelt.”
9. Van Pelt: “Aren’t you afraid?”
Alan Parrish: “I’m terrified. But my father says you should always face what you’re afraid of.”
10. Alan Parrish: “I’m so glad you’re back.”
Sam Parrish: “I’ve only been gone five minutes.”
Alan Parrish: “It seems like a lot longer for me.”
Jumanji Quotes That’ll Make You Feel Like You’re Part of All the Action
11. “This will not be an easy mission; monkeys slow the expedition.” – Peter Shepherd
12. Alan Parrish: “So you tried to cheat, did you?”
Sarah Whittle: “You tried to cheat?”
13. Sam Parrish: “Oh, Alan, I was angry, okay? And I’m sorry, too. Look, you don’t have to go to Cliffside if you don’t want to. Let’s talk it over tomorrow. Man to man.”
Alan Parrish: “How about father to son?”
14. Sarah Whittle: “‘Every month at the quarter moon, there’ll be a monsoon in your lagoon.’ Well, a little rain never hurt anybody.”
Alan Parrish: “Yeah, but a lot can kill you!”
15. Sam Parrish: “I thought you told me you were never going to talk to me again.”
Alan Parrish: “Whatever I said, Dad, I’m sorry.”
Jumanji Quotes to Raise Your Energy for the Day
16. “Don’t be fooled, it isn’t thunder; staying put would be a blunder.” – Judy Shepherd
17. “They grow much faster than bamboo. Take care, or they’ll come after you.” – Sarah Whittle
18. “Beware of the ground for which you stand; the floor is quicker than the sand.” – Alan Parrish
19. “His fangs are sharp; he likes your taste. Your party better move post-haste.” – Peter Shepherd
More Jumanji Quotes for Fans of Welcome to the Jungle
20. “Sometimes, it’s easy to get so focused on your own stuff that you forget other people have problems too.” – Professor Sheldon Oberon
21. Dr. Xander Bravestone: “I can’t do this!”
Franklin Finbar: “I saw you fix a helicopter in mid-air!”
Dr. Xander Bravestone: “It’s a lot easier to be brave when you’ve got lives to spare. It’s a lot harder when you only have one life.”
Franklin Finbar: “We always only have one life, man. That’s how it is.”
22. “I have to warn you, I think I’m a very strong puncher.” – Dr. Xander Bravestone
23. “I would rather die.” – Franklin Finbar
24. Martha Kaply: “Are you gonna help, or are you too pretty?”
Bethany Walker: “I’m too pretty.”
25. Nigel Billingsley: “Dr. Bravestone—famed archaeologist and international explorer. Known across the seven continents for your courageous exploits.”
Dr. Xander Bravestone: “Is there a seat belt?”
26. “Yeah, I got a backpack on! You don’t get in the water with a backpack; everybody knows that.” – Franklin Finbar
27. “That old game machine must have electrocuted us, and now we’re—oh my god!” – Professor Sheldon Oberon
28. “Damn, that is a man right there.” – Professor Sheldon Oberon
29. Dr. Xander Bravestone: “I want to stay with you, like this.”
Ruby Roundhouse: “Then let’s be like this every day. Just come home.”
30. Dr. Xander Bravestone: “What are you mad at me for?”
Franklin Finbar: “Why am I mad? Are you seriously asking me that? You got me kicked off the team, and you got me stuck in whatever this is. And you wonder why we’re not friends no more.”
Dr. Xander Bravestone: “Oh, this is why we’re not friends anymore? Because you didn’t want to get stuck in Jumanji? I don’t think so. We’re not friends because I’m not cool enough to hang out with you, so you pretend not to even know me anymore. Until you needed me to do your homework because you couldn’t do it yourself. No wonder you don’t know anything about Westward Expansion.”
Do You Have the Courage to Win a Game of Jumanji?
Suddenly getting sucked into whatever game you’re playing might seem fun. However, if you get transported into the jungles of Jumanji, you can expect anything but fun and games. It’s cutthroat and intense, and it will push you to fight for your life.
Jumanji will have you think up many survival tactics so you can live another day and try to fulfill the quest and get out of the game. But, be prepared to fail. After all, there are many unexpected challenges and predators in the jungle.
Whatever movie in the Jumanji franchise you watch, one lesson transcends all: mustering up the courage to face your fears. Whichever adaptation you’re a fan of, it will teach you this lesson. Through the numerous challenges you’ll face in Jumanji, there’s no other way to move forward but to face your roadblocks head-on.
You can’t run away, you can’t hide, and you can’t give up. Instead, put faith in yourself and be brave enough to stand up to what’s blocking your way. It’s the only way to survive in Jumanji and the only way to succeed in real life.
So, let the characters’ adventures and realizations guide you as you navigate life’s challenges. There will be ups and downs in both the game and real life. So, don’t be afraid; just keep moving forward!