Read these top 60 justice quotes to understand the importance of morality and righteousness in our everyday lives!
Everyone, regardless of religion, race, or gender, is entitled to equal economic, political, and social opportunities. Each person on this planet has the right to be treated fairly and justly.
However, we cannot deny that this concept is biased toward some members of society. It is a sad truth that inequality and disparity exist in our community.
This imbalance is so evident that one cannot deny the rule of injustice over the world.
Even so, we must not allow ourselves to be blinded by the belief that the disparity between the rich and the poor is normal.
We should fight for a world where everyone is on an equal footing! After all, the world would be a much better place if we had a sense of fairness and justice for everyone.
If you find this topic interesting, read through this list of justice quotes we’ve prepared for you.
Allow these wise words to serve as a guide to help you better understand what you truly deserve and how you should treat everyone else!
Best Justice Quotes
1. “In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.” – Albert Einstein
2. “Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot every man his due.” – Domitus Ulpian
3. “The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you don’t listen to it, you will never know what justice is.” – Howard Zinn
4. “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” – Anonymous
6. “The true measure of the justice of a system is the amount of protection it guarantees to the weakest.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
7. “Justice is the first virtue of those who command, and stops the complaints of those who obey.” – Denis Diderot
8. “To go to a judge is to go to justice, for the ideal judge is, so to speak, justice personified.” – Aristotle
9. “The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
10. “There is no such thing as justice in the abstract; it is merely a compact between men.” – Epicurus
Famous Justice Quotes
11. “Justice without mercy is little more than inhumanity.” – Albert Camus
12. “Justice delayed is justice denied.” – William Ewart Gladstone
13. “Justice resembles those chemical substances which can never be represented as completely pure, but only with the admixture of another substance.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
14. “Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned.” – Anatole France
15. “Law without justice is a wound without a cure.” – William Scott Downey
16. “Justice is nothing else but the charity of the wise man.” – Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
17. “Justice is neither for sale nor affordable.” – France Kern
18. “Without justice, courage is weak.” – Benjamin Franklin
19. “Justice is the right of the weakest. Fear is in the imagination, cowardice in character.” – Joseph Joubert
20. “Sometimes, the only way to get justice is to take it for yourself.” – Leigh Bardugo
Justice Quotes That Zoom in on Love and Peace
21. “No true love without justice and no true justice without love.” – Adolph Kolping
22. “Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.” – Cornel West
23. “I should like to be able to love my country and still love justice.” – Albert Camus
24. “All pain is a punishment, and every punishment is inflicted for love as much as for justice.” – Joseph de Maistre
25. “The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love.” – Anonymous
26. “Where there is love, there is justice—where there is no love, there is no justice.” – Abhijit Naskar
27. “The heart of justice may be compassion for others, but its origins and its passion are to be found in the more violent, even hostile.” – Robert C. Solomon
Powerful Justice Quotes to Provide You With Meaningful Insights
28. “Justice and power must be brought together so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” – Blaise Pascal
29. “True freedom is nothing else but justice.” – Johann Gottfried Seume
30. “Justice gives to each his own, does not presume on others, and sets aside one’s own advantage where it is necessary to preserve the well of the whole.” – Ambrose
31. “Justice can sleep for years and awaken when it is least expected. A miracle is nothing more than dormant justice from another time arriving to compensate those it has cruelly abandoned.” – Mark Helprin
32. “Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man’s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
Justice Quotes to Reinforce Your Conviction for the Good
33. “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “Justice is the foremost virtue of the civilizing races. It subdues the barbarous nations, while injustice arouses the weakest.” – Jose Rizal
35. “Without justice in the world, we cannot have peace—the two are intertwined.” – Tessa Hicks Peterson
36. “Mercy is easier to practice than justice.” – Sully Prudhomme
37. “Justice is the sum of all moral duties.” – William Godwin
38. “If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us.” – Francis Bacon
39. “Law is not law if it violates the principles of eternal justice.” – Lydia Maria Child
40. “Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
41. “Justice is God’s idea and man’s ideal.” – Frank Walters
42. “The cause of justice is the cause of humanity. Its advocates should overflow with universal goodwill. We should love this cause, for it conduces to the general happiness of mankind.” – William Godwin
43. “Justice is never given; it is exacted, and the struggle must be continuous for freedom is never a final fact, but a continuing evolving process to higher and higher levels of human, social, economic, political, and religious relationships.” – A. Philip Randolph
Justice Quotes That’ll Bring Equality to the Forefront
44. “Justice consists in an exact and scrupulous regard to the rights of others, with a deliberate purpose to preserve them upon all occasions secret and inviolate.” – Wellins Calcott
45. “In the matter of justice, all should be equal in your eyes.” – Abu Bakr
46. “Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.” – D. H. Lawrence
47. “Justice commands us to have mercy upon all men, to consult the interests of the whole human race, to give to everyone his due.” – Cicero
48. “Justice always whirls in equal measure.” – William Shakespeare
49. “I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow creatures happy.” – Thomas Paine
50. “The criminal justice system is not colorblind. It does not work for all people equally, and that is why it’s critical to have a president who sends a signal that we are going to have a system of justice that is not just us, but is everybody.” – Barack Obama
More Justice Quotes for Everyone
51. “Justice is not to be taken by storm. She is to be wooed by slow advances.” – Benjamin N. Cardozo
52. “It is in justice that the ordering of society is centered.” – Aristotle
53. “It is not possible to be in favor of justice for some people and not be in favor of justice for all people.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
54. “Justice is conscience, not a personal conscience, but the conscience of the whole of humanity. Those who clearly recognize the voice of their own conscience usually recognize also the voice of justice.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
55. “Working for justice thrusts you out into the open spaces of social problems and frees you from a self-centered preoccupation with yourself and your own private salvation.” – T. Ronald Haney
56. “Freedom is justice, and until there is justice, there can be no freedom.” – Anonymous
57. “Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right.” – Psalm 106:3
58. “For all the cruelty and hardship of our world, we are not mere prisoners of fate. Our actions matter, and can bend history in the direction of justice.” – Barack Obama
59. “Justice is justly represented blind because she sees no difference in the parties concerned. She has but one scale and weight, for rich and poor, great and small.” – William Penn
60. “The Lord is known by His justice; the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.” – Anonymous
Did These Quotes Encourage You to Believe in the Power of Justice?
Justice is one of the most vital components of the morality of an individual. Sadly, not everyone knows what it truly entails, nor do they know how to apply it to themselves. This is why justice needs to be understood, first and foremost, within ourselves.
After all, how can you practice being just to others if you don’t truly understand what it means to apply justice to yourself? Once we can use it correctly for ourselves, that’s the only time we can effectively practice being just toward others.
Then, as we move through life, we must recognize how justice works in each situation. For example, it’s shown in giving each person what they genuinely deserve or giving what is due to them. Everyone will then experience fairness in various ways and in multiple situations in life.
With that, we hope this collection of justice quotes was able to help you understand its significance and how it can improve our communities as a whole. Always remember that everyone has the right to justice and to living a just life. We just have to believe and demonstrate that fact to everyone!