If you run out of words to show your appreciation to your mom, these Mother’s Day quotes are for you!
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to express your love and thanks to the person who brought you to this world.
On this day, we should pay more attention to our moms who sacrifice and give their endless care to us.
Without our moms, we can never survive the world we are in today. Their arms protect us, and their words guide us to become better people.
So, if you need help expressing yourself, make sure you read our complete collection.
The quotes we’ve compiled will surely inspire you to show your love and appreciation to your mom this Mother’s Day.
Check out the full list below to get a glimpse of the top 60 Mother’s Day quotes!
Let’s get started.
And make sure to read these mom quotes.
Best Mother’s Day Quotes
1. “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace. It need not be acquired. It need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing. If it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” – Erich Fromm
2. “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
3. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Mitch Albom
4. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
5. “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” – Honoré de Balzac
6. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply will give us some protection forever.” – J. K. Rowling
7. “A mother’s love is everything. It is what brings a child into this world. It is what molds their entire being. When a mother sees her child in danger, she is literally capable of anything. Mothers have lifted cars off of their children and destroyed entire dynasties. A mother’s love is the strongest energy known to man.” – Jamie McGuire
8. “A mother is the truest friend we have when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us, when adversity takes the place of prosperity, when friends desert us, when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
Heart Touching Mother’s Day Quotes
9. “Mother is the heartbeat in the home, and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” – Leroy Brownlow
10. “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
11. “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” – Amy Tan
12. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” – Susan Gale
13. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Anonymous
14. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love is so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama
15. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
16. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
17. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Gaspard Mermillod
18. “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” – Anonymous
19. “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” – Anonymous
20. “Moms are as relentless as the tides. They don’t just drive us to practice, they drive us to greatness.” – Steve Rushin
Also read: Proud Mom Quotes
Mother’s Day Quotes That Talk About Their Love
21. “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
22. “A mother’s love is the sun for growing, the moon for dreaming, the stars for guiding the way.” – Barbara Loots
23. “Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is mom.” – Keely Chace
24. “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.” – Debasish Mridha
25. “A mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving
26. “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” – Edwin Chapin
27. “A mother’s love liberates.” – Maya Angelou
28. “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce
29. “A mother teaches us that there is no end at all to what love can do.” – Keely Chace
Also read: True Love Quotes
Mother’s Day Quotes to Appreciate Motherhood
30. “Motherhood: all love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
31. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness.” – Jessica Lange
32. “Motherhood brings you to your knees in a way that doesn’t leave room for you to judge others. It makes you see that there’s no ideal—a constant struggle, constantly compromising, but ultimate love.” – Maggie Gyllenhaal
33. “The world needs our mothers.” – Liya Kebede
34. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore He made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
35. “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” – Elder M. Russell Ballard
Short Mother’s Day Quotes to Share With the World’s Best Mom
36. “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” – Kahil Gibran
37. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
38. “An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.” – Spanish Proverb
39. “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” – Anonymous
40. “Of all the people who pour sunshine into our days, moms are the best.” – Keely Chace
41. “The mother’s heart is the child’s school-room.” – Henry Ward Beecher
42. “Blessed are the moms, for they are the ones who bless everybody else.” – Andrew Blackburn
43. “A woman of faith with praise on her lips and joy in her heart, my beautiful mom.” – Jeannie Hund
Poetic Mother’s Day Quotes for the Light of Your Home
44. “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
45. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
46. “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” – Lisa Leslie
47. “There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” – Archibald Thompson Davison
48. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
Mother’s Day Quotes to Honor All Moms Out There
49. “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” – Maxim Grosky
50. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honoré de Balzac
51. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
52. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
53. “Mothers can forgive anything! Tell me all, and be sure that I will never let you go, though the whole world should turn from you.” – Louisa May Alcott
54. “That’s the wonderful thing about mothers: you can because you must, and you just do.” – Kate Winslet
55. “My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled.” – Carly Fiorina
56. “My mother is so full of joy and life. I am her child, and that is better than being the child of anyone else in the world.” – Maya Angelou
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes to Fill Your Belly With Laughter
57. “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ It’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” – Erma Bombeck
58. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
59. “There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.” – Anonymous
60. “Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life.” – Anonymous
How Do You Make Your Mother Feel Loved and Cared For?
When we were kids, our mothers gave us the proper care and nourishment needed to grow and flourish. They gave us their unconditional love and endless understanding, even if we hurt them or made mistakes.
As we grow older, we should remember that it is our turn to care for and protect our mothers. What they did for us is immeasurable and can never beat any love that we will experience in our life. They offered their whole lives for us and sacrificed all their time and attention.
What’s more, their love, support, and care for us are never-ending. No matter how old we get, or even when they leave this world, we will always be in their hearts.
So, this Mother’s Day, celebrate by showing your utmost appreciation and love to the woman who takes care of you. Life is short, so don’t waste any second without thanking and cherishing your mom!
Use our compilation of quotes to express what you want to say and make your mom feel how loved she is. Don’t be shy, because one simple sweet message will surely make her happy!