Sharing some true love quotes with the love of your life will definitely make your relationship even stronger.
We come across different types of love in life. We experience first love, puppy love, and even some fleeting romance.
However, no other kind of love will make you feel like you’re on top of the world like true love.
Finding our one true love can be difficult. After all, our world is full of millions of strangers. How lucky are we if the one we have beside us is the one who will love us for the rest of our lives?
Love can be exhaustingly confusing, too. So, here are some great true love quotes to help you decipher what you should be looking for in a relationship.
Don’t miss out on this gem, and read through to the end!
Best True Love Quotes
1. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
2. “True love is not something that comes every day. Follow your heart, it knows the right answer.” – Anonymous
3. “True love is knowing a person’s faults, and loving them even more for them.” – Anonymous
4. “Two things you will never have to chase: true friends and true love.” – Mandy Hale
5. “True love will triumph in the end—which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.” – John Green
6. “True love bears all, endures all, and triumphs!” – Dada Vaswani
7. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” – Sadhu Vaswani
8. “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” – Kiera Cass
9. “True love is like a pair of socks you gotta have two and they’ve gotta match.” – Erich Fromm
10. “True love is choosing the many things a person did right rather than the one thing he did wrong. True love does not keep the record of wrongs.” – Anonymous
Famous True Love Quotes
11. “True love is not how you forgive, but how you forget, not what you see but what you feel, not how you listen but how you understand, and not how you let go but how you hold on.” – Anonymous
12. “True love is that which ennobles the personality, fortifies the heart, and sanctifies the existence.” – Henri-Frederic Amiel
13. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
14. “True love lasts forever.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
15. “True love is not the number of kisses, or how often you get them, true love is the feeling that still lingers long after the kiss is over.” – Anonymous
16. “True love, especially first love, can be so tumultuous and passionate that it feels like a violent journey.” – Holliday Grainger
17. “True love is not about the hugs and kisses, the ‘I love you’s,’ or the ‘I miss you’s,’ but about the chills that hit every part of your spine when you think about him.” – Anonymous
18. “They say you only fall in love once, but that can’t be true. Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.” – Anonymous
19. “True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops.” – William Goldman
20. “If someone truly loves you, they won’t tell you love stories, they will make a love story with you.” – Anonymous
Heart Touching True Love Quotes
21. “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” – Honore de Balzac
22. “You know you truly love somebody when they hurt you so badly, but all you can think about it is the times when they made you smile.” – Anonymous
23. “True love brings up everything—you’re allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily.” – Jennifer Aniston
24. “Always remember true love never fades away even if it is not reciprocated. It remains in the heart to purify and soften the soul.” – Aarti Khurana
25. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
26. “When you truly love someone, you give everything you can and never expect a return.” – Anonymous
27. “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban
28. “The course of true love never did run smooth.” – William Shakespeare
29. “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” – Ellen G. White
30. “Life is a game and true love is a trophy.” – Rufus Wainwright
Also read: Affection Quotes
True Love Quotes for Him and Her
31. “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” – Torquato Tasso
32. “I love true love, and I’m a woman who wants to be married for a lifetime. That traditional life is something that I want.” – Ali Larter
33. “True love doesn’t come to you it has to be inside you.” – Julia Roberts
34. “True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
35. “True love, to me, is when she’s the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep.” – Justin Timberlake
36. “Love is pure and true; love knows no gender.” – Tori Spelling
37. “It may be an old cliche, but I think true love will last; it has no end. But finding the right person is a very difficult thing.” – Bruce Forsyth
38. “It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they’re destined to be.” – Michelle Yeoh
39. “True love isn’t without problems, it has many obstacles, true love is working through all of them and coming out happy with that someone on the other side.” – Anonymous
40. “I love you. Very, very simply, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being.” – Chasing Amy
Romantic True Love Quotes
41. “True love can not be found where it does not truly exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.” – William Shakespeare
42. “You know, true love really matters, friends really matter, family really matters. Being responsible and disciplined and healthy really matters.” – Courtney Thorne-Smith
43. “Only true love can fuel the hard work that awaits you.” – Tom Freston
44. “Let the people who never find true love keep saying that there’s no such thing. Their faith will make it easier for them to live and die.” – Wisława Szymborska
45. “I do believe in one true love.” – Michelle Dockery
46. “True love is a consistent, never faltering decision to be with you, to walk with you, to be a part of you. It does not fluctuate based on slight differences and arguments.” – Anonymous
47. “It is so difficult in the world for people to find love, true love.” – LaToya Jackson
48. “True love does not only encompass the things that make you feel good, it also holds you to a standard of accountability.” – Monica Johnson
49. “True love that lasts forever. Yes, I do believe in it. My parents have been married for 40 years and my grandparents were married for 70 years. I come from a long line of true loves.” – Zooey Deschanel
50. “I believe in true love, and I believe in happy endings. And I believe.” – Christie Brinkley
More True Love Quotes That’ll Remain in Our Hearts Forever
51. “Love is true when it gives you the freedom to be the perfect reflection of your real self, doing exactly all you’ve ever wanted to be.” – Anonymous
52. “True love—that is, deep, abiding love that is impervious to emotional whims or fancy—is a choice. It’s a constant commitment to a person regardless of the present circumstances.” – Mark Manson
53. “True love is felonious. You take someone’s breath away. You rob them of the ability to utter a single word. You steal a heart.” – Jodi Picoult
54. “Love consists in giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That’s why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange.” – Mortimer Adler
55. “A lot of people think loving someone you should make you jealous and restless but true love is where you find security, they give you no reason to doubt their loyalty.” – Anonymous
56. “True love does not stifle you, it’s not a cage hiding you from the world. True love is a platform, it’s the wings that you need to fly, the fuel for your dreams.” – Anonymous
57. “And when I loved you, I realized I have never truly loved anyone. I realized, I never will truly love anyone the way I love you.” – Anonymous
58. “How far should a person go in the name of true love?” – Nicholas Sparks
59. “True love is a dedication to a cause, it is a willingness to fight for and protect what you have with them. If they are unwilling to fight for it, then they are just playing games.” – Anonymous
60. “True love is not just sacrifice, it’s about always finding the perfect reason to sacrifice anything for another person’s happiness, it’s consistent selflessness.” – Anonymous
Have You Found the One You Will Spend the Rest of Your Life With?
Like life, love and relationships are also filled with ups and downs. You will feel like you’re on top of the world and then down on the ground the next. But, this rollercoaster ride of emotions doesn’t mean that you should give up on your relationship.
Remember that love is a choice—a choice that we have to keep repeating every day. We have to constantly choose to love the other person, no matter their flaws and how different their opinions and values might be from ours.
If you’ve found that special someone you could love no matter what, you’re lucky. You’ve found your true love. So, treasure your relationship and fight for your relationship each and every day that God gives you.
We hope this list of the best true love quotes was able to shed light on what this kind of love entails. Celebrate each day you have with your loved one, and let your love be the wings that’ll take you to a carefree and happy life.
What did you learn from this list of true love quotes? Did any of the quotes reflect the kind of relationship you have with your partner? Join the discussion below.