Let these fighting quotes encourage you to hold the line and do your best to achieve what you want in life.
It’s been said many times before that life will not hand you things you desire on a silver platter. Instead, people must fight for what they want, and sometimes, even what they deserve.
But, keep in mind that fighting without planning or thinking about the consequences will lead to your downfall. There are fights worth fighting, and there are some that aren’t.
Before committing to the challenge, we must discern whether what we’re facing is worth our time and effort.
So, to help you weigh out your options, we’ve prepared a list of the most insightful fighting quotes. Scroll through to the end and find some lessons worth applying in your life.
Continue to the complete list below.
Best Fighting Quotes
1. “Don’t fight a battle if you don’t gain anything by winning.” – George S. Patton
2. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
3. “You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion—he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle.” – Julien Smith
4. “Sometimes when you’re fighting, fighting, fighting, the mind needs some time off and you regroup and get back to normal.” – David Ortiz
5. “It’s hard to fight when the fight ain’t fair.” – Taylor Swift
6. “People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.” – Abigail Van Buren
7. “The key to fighting is not being the fastest or strongest, it is about balance. A warrior must always keep his balance.” – Joaquin Lopez
Famous Fighting Quotes
8. “I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it.” – Andrew Breitbart
9. “If you can’t go back to your mother’s womb, you’d better learn to be a good fighter.” – Anchee Min
10. “Life is a fight for territory; so is your success.” – Nkem Mpamah
11. “You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
12. “There’s a moment in fighting when the strength of muscle ain’t everything because the enemy has already given you enough energy to gain the victory.” – Toba Beta
13. “Fighting is essentially a masculine idea; a woman’s weapon is her tongue.” – Hermione Gingold
14. “For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.” – Sun Tzu
15. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Also read: Famous Quotes
Fighting Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Persevere in Life
16. “Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward.” – Anderson Silva
17. “Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again—even though every time you’ve tried before you’ve lost.” – Taylor Swift
18. “I will continue to keep fighting, sucking the marrow out of life as life sucks the marrow out of me.” – Craig Sager
19. “Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.” – Norman Vincent Peale
20. “One of the most difficult things everyone has to learn is that for your entire life you must keep fighting and adjusting if you hope to survive. No matter who you are or what your position is, you must keep fighting for whatever it is you desire to achieve.” – George Allen
21. “We’re fighting to be ourselves in a world that’s trying to make us like everyone else.” – Bebe Rexha
22. “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place—that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have the perseverance to realize the great life.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
23. “As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” – Vincent van Gogh
Motivational Fighting Quotes
24. “You’ve got keep your head up, keep fighting, and do the best you can.” – Pablo Sandoval
25. “I was a fighting machine with a will of iron.” – Jurgen Klopp
26. “Either you give in, or you fight. That’s all I know, being where I’m from. You fight for what you want. You go after what you want.” – Allen Iverson
27. “You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round.” – James J. Corbett
28. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.” – E. E. Cummings
Fighting Quotes on Winning
29. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill
30. “That is the whole secret of successful fighting. Get your enemy at a disadvantage; and never, on any account, fight him on equal terms.” – George Bernard Shaw
31. “If you’re going to fight, then fight until the end; fight to come out on top. You’re already lucky because you’re human.” – Great IGWE
32. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
33. “To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence. Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.” – Sun Tzu
Fighting Quotes About Grit and Determination
34. “Never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop dreaming.” – Tom Hiddleston
35. “Whether fighting or spitting, my discipline is unforgiving!” – John Cena
36. “I want to be an expert in different fighting styles, new training methods, new ways of thinking.” – Conor McGregor
37. “Every soldier must know, before he goes into battle, how the little battle he is to fight fits into the larger picture, and how the success of his fighting will influence the battle as a whole.” – Bernard Law Montgomery
38. “The greatest fight is when you are fighting in the smoke and cannot see with your eyes.” – Mark Helprin
39. “Just dream big. Go for it. There’s nothing holding you back. You can have ups and downs, but if you believe in something, keep the faith; keep fighting. And don’t let people put you down.” – Geraint Thomas
Short Fighting Quotes
40. “Fights begin and end with handshakes.” – Cameron Conaway
41. “Get up, stand up. Don’t give up the fight!” – Bob Marley
42. “No battle is worth fighting except the last one.” – Enoch Powell
43. “Fighting is not a man’s thing, it is a human thing.” – Ronda Rousey
44. “A real fighter works on his or her inner peace and balance.” – Arnaud van der Veere
45. “If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting.” – Curtis LeMay
46. “War means fighting, and fighting means killing.” – Nathan Bedford Forrest
Fighting Quotes Everyone Needs to Read
47. “Fighting, for me, is like skydiving without the parachute.” – Anderson Silva
48. “When you put on clothes that are fighting against something, you can feel your courage grow. Clothing can set you free.” – Rei Kawakubo
49. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
50. “Fighting means you could lose. Bullying means you can’t. A bully wants to beat somebody; he doesn’t want to fight somebody.” – Andrew Vachss
51. “A dream you don’t have to fight for isn’t a dream—it’s a nap. One changes your afternoon. The other changes your world. Keep fighting.” – Jon Acuff
Wise Fighting Quotes to Change Your Mindset
52. “It seems that fighting is a game where everybody is the loser.” – Zora Neale Hurston
53. “Fighting is one of those things that gets tons of attention, far more than it deserves.” – Gary Bettman
54. “The road to hell was paved with the bones of men who did not know when to quit fighting.” – Paulette Jiles
55. “The world is a fine place and worth fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.” – Ernest Hemingway
56. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Fighting Quotes That Talk About Its Negative Effects
57. “There was no such thing as a fair fight. All vulnerabilities must be exploited.” – Cary Caffrey
58. “Fighting is like champagne. It goes to the heads of cowards as quickly as of heroes. Any fool can be brave on a battlefield when it’s be brave or else be killed.” – Margaret Mitchell
59. “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Relatable Fighting Quotes for Those in Relationships
60. “The only kind of love worth having is the kind that goes on living and laughing and fighting and loving.” – Dalton Trumbo
61. “I’ve been fighting to be who I am all my life. What’s the point of being who I am, if I can’t have the person who was worth all the fighting for?” – Stephanie Lennox,
62. “Fighting bitterness can be a full-time job.” – Ira Sachs
63. “Love is not easy, but it is worth the fight.” – Ruthe McDonald
64. “I see couples fighting about the stupidest things. You just have to rise above everything.” – Sammy Hagar
Fighting Quotes on How It Affects Others
65. “The fight is never about grapes or lettuce. It is always about people.” – Cesar Chavez
66. “Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die.” – Herbert Hoover
67. “There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.” – Muhammad Ali
More Fighting Quotes
68. “Fighting is a very emotionally draining sport. I don’t want to waste time on drama beforehand.” – Holly Holm
69. “Even good people make a lot of mistakes or get weak and fall from grace, but we must never give up the fight.” – Dr. Samuel White
70. “What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood’s a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It’s not for fighting.” – Frank Herbert
What Do You Get Out of Fighting?
Having the determination and grit to continue fighting is good. However, let us all remember that the ability to decide whether or not a cause is worth fighting for is equally essential for us to win in any particular situation.
Every day, we fight for life, our rights, our happiness, and love. These are causes worth fighting for. There’s no contesting how difficult each day will be, but we must muster the courage to continue and keep going.
Although this is the case, when faced with a lost cause, let us weigh our options and see how we should react to things. Fighting is not always about the physical. Sometimes, your silence is enough of a fight and a stand.
This is easy to say but hard to apply when you’re actually in that situation. So, we hope this list of the best fighting quotes was able to guide you on what you should do. When faced with a difficult choice, go through this list again and be inspired to do the right thing.
Are you willing to fight for what you want? What other lessons did you learn from this collection of fighting quotes? Please, share your thoughts with us by commenting below!