If you need words of wisdom that’ll make you laugh and reflect at the same time, read these Ricky Bobby quotes we’ve compiled just for you!
If you’ve watched Talladega Nights, you’ll know who Ricky Bobby is. He’s the movie’s protagonist, known to be the best NASCAR driver. He’s confident and tenacious but also dim-witted and immature at times.
Because of his personality, he succumbed to the pressure of maintaining his spot on the team, especially with the arrival of Jean Girard. When he lost the race and got kicked off, Ricky Bobby lost his confidence and spiraled into depression.
However, he also made a remarkable comeback with the help of his family and friends, as well as his absentee father, Reese Bobby. He understood the true definition of winning and what’s truly important in life.
To know more about him and his realizations, read on. We’ve gathered the best of the best Ricky Bobby quotes.
Best Ricky Bobby Quotes
1. “If you ain’t first, you’re last.”
2. “Here’s the deal. I’m the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence.”
3. “I came here to tell you one thing: come race time tomorrow, I’m coming for you.”
4. “Absolutely ma’am. I’d love to sign your baby. You’re not gonna want to wash that forehead.”
5. “Shake and bake!”
6. “Well, what do you say we get thrown out of an Applebee’s?”
7. “Everyone turn away. Things are gonna get crazy. We’re gonna make animal noises.”
8. “No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high-level income, it’s not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. Heck, I just read in the newspaper that they put a pig heart in some guy from Russia. Do you know what that means?”
9. “You don’t understand. You don’t understand because you don’t understand liberty. You don’t understand freedom.”
Ricky Bobby Quotes That’ll Motivate You to Win
10. “I wanna go fast!”
11. “Yep, I’m flying through the air; this is not good.”
12. “Yeah, you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth.”
13. “You gotta win to get love. Everyone knows that. I mean that’s just life.”
14. Reese Bobby: “What are you talking about, Son?”
Ricky Bobby: “That day at school.”
Reese Bobby: “Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn’t make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth—hell you can even be fifth.”
Ricky Bobby: “What? I’ve lived my whole life by that!”
Funny Ricky Bobby Quotes That’ll Tickle Your Soul
15. “From now on, you’re the Magic Man, and I’m El Diablo.”
16. “Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, ‘I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.’”
17. “I don’t know what to do with my hands.”
18. “This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.”
19. “Help me, Jesus! Help me, Jewish God! Help me, Allah! Help me, Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me, Oprah Winfrey!”
20. “Dear eight-pound, six-ounce newborn infant Jesus, don’t even know a word yet.”
21. “Are we about to get it on? Because I’m as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.”
22. “Holding hands with a man makes me terribly uncomfortable.”
23. “I’m Ricky Bobby. If you don’t chew Big Red, then f*ck you.”
24. “You sick sons of b*tches. I mean you walk in that door, on your two legs, all fat and cocky, and lookin’ at me in my chair. And you tell me it’s all in my head? I hope that both of you have sons. Handsome, beautiful, articulate sons, who are talented and star athletes and they have their legs taken away. I mean, I pray you know that pain and that hurt.”
25. Ricky Bobby: “Wow. I feel like I’m Highlander!”
Jean Girard: “What is the Highlander?”
Ricky Bobby: “It’s a movie. It won the Academy Award.”
Jean Girard: “Oh for what?”
Ricky Bobby: “Best movie ever made.”
26. “No ma’am. I haven’t seen my daddy in years. But my mama says he’s out racing cars and, well, dipping his wick in anything that moves.”
Ricky Bobby Quotes for Those Who Always Want to Be at the Top
27. “Losing is never fun, but here’s a little something to keep your spirits up. It’s real nice. I got it at Target. It’s on sale.”
28. “I get emotional. You guys are workin’ so hard, and I’m just so proud of you. You remind me of me, precocious and full of wonderment.”
29. “Did that blow your mind? Because that just happened!”
30. “I’m just a big hairy American winning machine, you know?”
Is There Anything New You’ve Learned From Ricky Bobby’s Best and Funniest Quotes?
Ricky Bobby is a comedic character who made Talladega Nights come to life. His lines are usually full of humor that you can’t help but laugh about. However, aside from all the jokes, corny lines, and witty comments, Ricky Bobby allows us to better understand winning and defeat.
These two concepts are no strangers to life; we all experience countless losses and wins, after all. But, not everyone knows how to handle defeat, especially if they’re obsessed with being at the top. So, when they experience some sort of failure, they immediately break down and give up.
However, we shouldn’t let ourselves drown in our mistakes. Like what we’ve learned from Ricky Bobby, there will be many times when our success is challenged—by our own doing or others. It’s inevitable to fail now and then; what’s important, though, is that we persevere and allow ourselves time for improvement and reflection.
Life is a wheel; sometimes, we’ll be at the top, and sometimes, we’ll be at the bottom, trying to climb back up. So, never give up—no matter how low you think you’ve fallen. Keep doing what you can to improve yourself, and your efforts will pay off!