If you enjoyed watching Yellowstone, this collection of Rip Wheeler quotes will be right up your alley, too.
There’s no other character in Yellowstone that’ll give you whiplash with the many different sides to them apart from Rip Wheeler. He’s a ranch hand and protector of the farm and Beth Dutton’s husband.
On the outside, Rip Wheeler appears to be tough and brusque. However, when it comes to Beth, he subconsciously tears down all his walls and becomes a soft, loving guy.
Though not part of the Dutton family by blood, Rip Wheeler has been a constant protagonist in Yellowstone since the first season. The flames of his budding romance with Beth never died, even with all the troubles they faced throughout the many episodes.
Apart from his iconic scenes, Rip Wheeler also has some valuable lessons on love and life to share. So, to get you started, we’ve gathered some of his best quotes from Yellowstone.
Best Rip Wheeler Quotes
1. “You know, when you boil life down, it’s funny just how little you need, isn’t it?”
2. “There’s sharks and minnows in this world. If you don’t know which you are, you ain’t a shark.”
3. “That train only runs in one direction.”
4. “Well, it’s hard to measure an ‘almost’ because ‘almost’ doesn’t matter.”
5. “‘I’m sorry’ are two words you never have to say to me.”
6. “You see, it’s the habit of living that you’re scared of losing, that’s all.”
7. “I don’t choose the way. I make sure no one questions yours.”
8. “I never think about what happens a year from now, or 10 years from now. I’m always worried about today. But when I look down there, Beth, 10 years worries me.”
9. “What a f*ckin’ mess you’ve made of your last second chance. Life is a lesson, boy—one long lesson. But you’ve got to look to learn them, and you ain’t f*ckin’ lookin’!”
Powerful Rip Wheeler Quotes to Blow Your Mind
10. “You know what work is, don’t you?”
11. “Be a man about it. Don’t scream.”
12. “Some day I’m gonna be top hand. You watch.”
13. “I wish that they’d come back to life so I could kill ’em again.”
14. “I’d rather kill a thousand men than shoot another horse.”
15. “Yesterday is what eats everybody. That’s why I don’t think about it.”
Heartwarming Rip Wheeler Quotes That Are Dedicated to Beth Dutton
16. “I don’t need presents, Beth. Just you.”
17. “You need to let yourself be happy. That’s the goal for you today. I want you to find something that makes you happy.”
18. “I don’t want a bunch of kids runnin’ around this f*cking house. I don’t even like dogs. Hey, you’re all I need. I’ll call you whatever you want.”
19. “Baby, you’ve been doin’ whatever you want your whole damn life.”
20. “I’m happy, Beth. With you, with life. Everything’s good.”
21. “You know what your problem is? It’s this—it’s almost as big as this, and I’m the only one that knows that you have this. But you do. And baby, it’s big.”
22. Rip Wheeler: “You keep your crazy in check while we’re in here.”
Beth Dutton: “I save all my crazy for you, baby.”
Rip Wheeler Quotes on Love
23. “I look at every day with you as a gift. My tomorrows are, well, they’re all words. There’s no word I’d rather call you if that’s what you want.”
24. “I love her, sir, and I’ll always take care of her.”
25. “Hey, Mama. I met somebody. I’m gonna spend the rest of my life with her. I could’ve gone to some store and bought her some f*ckin’ ring, but what does that mean? I’m sorry. I shouldn’t curse. I want her to wear yours. Maybe you can, uh, maybe you can know her, too, somehow. I don’t know. I love you, mom. Thank you.”
Rip Wheeler Quotes From Yellowstone
26. “I was born on a dead-end road, honey. This world doesn’t need another generation of me.”
27. “You know why people don’t come talk to you? Because they’re scared they’ll let you down. I know I am.”
28. “You want to fight somebody, you come fight me. I’ll fight you all goddamn day.”
29. “It ain’t about the money, Walker. It’s about trust.”
30. “Y’all wanted revenge? Well, now you got it. There is a price to pay for revenge. Now, you gotta pay it.”
Rip Wheeler Sayings That’ll Make You Think
31. “There’s a man in there somewhere. Sometimes, it just takes another man to find it.”
32. “Life is plenty hard. You don’t need to help it; you hear me?”
33. “There ain’t no such thing as luck. But I sure believe in stupid because you prove it every f*cking day.”
34. “Getting in trouble is the only skill you got. The only difference now is you ain’t gonna get caught.”
35. “You wanna go get drunk and watch some wolves kill an elk in a park?”
More Rip Wheeler Quotes Packed With Wisdom
36. “There are two roads in life. One is you’re winning or learning. And the other is that you’re losing all the way to the f*cking grave.”
37. “These guys, they just work here. You’ll see a thousand of them come and go. But not us. We die here. This is your family. We’re your family.”
38. “They may let us stay here and get old and rusted. But we’re just tools. And that’s all we’ll ever be.”
39. “Boy, get over here. The only painless way to learn this lesson is to watch it.”
40. “You take fake cowboys, and you put them with real cowboys in a f*cking bar, there’s gonna be fightin’. And we don’t need fightin’.”
Do You Think You Can Build the Same Courage That Rip Wheeler Has?
We’ve come to know Rip Wheeler as a strong force in Yellowstone. He’s brave and would not back down from a challenge, especially when the ones he loves are at stake.
His courageousness came from his dark and tragic past. Rip Wheeler was once an ordinary boy living with his mom and brother on a pig farm in Montana.
However, things quickly changed when his abusive father returned to destroy his family. His mom and brother were murdered, and Rip found himself killing his father to survive.
If you faced the same childhood as Rip, could you confidently say that you can recover from the trauma? The simple answer would be no; it’s near impossible for people to move on from that kind of heartache and pain.
So, we must commend Rip Wheeler for never giving up. Yes, his troubled past might have come back to haunt him every once in a while in the series, but he never backed down from them.
Rip Wheeler is content and happy with every day he’s given with Beth and his loved ones; he doesn’t need anything material to be happy. With that, we hope we were able to inspire you in some way through Rip’s most meaningful quotes and lines.