Read these RoboCop quotes and learn more about the law, one’s morals, and the power of technology!
RoboCop is a 1987 American science fiction movie set in Detroit, where there is a high incidence of criminal activity. To make better police officers, a corporation wants to privatize the police force and combine robotics with the human brain.
To do so, they set up street cop, Alex Murphy, in a fight where he lost parts of his body and used the remains to construct the first “RoboCop.” Later in the movie, RoboCop learns of the company’s evil plans to overthrow the current government and control every aspect of the city.
Although it is an action movie, it is also filled with meaningful lines and hilarious quotes! So, we’ve created this list of quotes to entertain and intrigue you!
Check out the complete list below.
Best RoboCop Quotes
1. “Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening.” – RoboCop
2. Bob Morton: “What are your prime directives?”
RoboCop: “Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law.”
3. “My friends call me Murphy. You call me—RoboCop.” – RoboCop
4. Reporter: “Robo, excuse me, Robo! Any special message for all the kids watching at home?”
RoboCop: “Stay out of trouble.”
5. The Old Man: “Dick, you’re fired!”
RoboCop: “Thank you.”
6. “These days, neighborhoods just seem to be the sort of places where bad things happen. Don’t be nostalgic.” – The Old Man
7. “Role models can be very important to a boy.” – RoboCop
8. “Hey, he’s old, we’re young, and that’s life.” – Bob Morton
9. Prisoner: “Now, I am—I am what you call a repeat offender. I repeat, I will offend again! I get my orders from a higher source.”
Sgt. Warren Reed: “Shut up, asshole.”
10. Clarence Boddicker: “Do you have access to military weaponry?”
Dick Jones: “We practically are the military.”
Short RoboCop Quotes and One-Liners That You Should Read
11. “I’d buy that for a dollar!” – Bixby Snyder
12. “Somebody wanna call a goddamn paramedic?” – Bob Morton
13. “Your move, creep.” – RoboCop
14. “They’ll fix you. They fix everything.” – RoboCop
15. “Bad language makes for bad feelings.” – RoboCop
16. “Dead or alive, you’re coming with me!” – RoboCop
17. “Come quietly, or there will be—trouble!” – RoboCop
18. “Old Detroit has a cancer. That cancer is crime.” – The Old Man
RoboCop Quotes to Make You Laugh
19. Clarence Boddicker: “You probably don’t think I’m a very nice guy, do ya?”
RoboCop: “Buddy, I think you’re slime.”
Clarence Boddicker: “See, I got this problem. Cops don’t like me. So I don’t like cops.”
20. “I had a guaranteed military sale with ED-209! Renovation program! Spare parts for 25 years! Who cares if it worked or not?” – Dick Jones
21. “Your client’s a scumbag, you’re a scumbag, and scumbags see the judge on Monday morning. Now get out of my office, and take the laughing boy with you!” – Sgt. Warren Reed
22. Bob Morton: “How does he eat?”
Roosevelt: “The digestive system is extremely simple. This processor dispenses a rudimentary paste that sustains his organic systems.”
Donald Johnson: “Tastes like baby food!”
Bob Morton: “Knock yourself out.”
RoboCop Quotes That Policemen Can Relate To
23. “You are illegally parked on private property! You have 20 seconds to move your vehicle!” – ED-209
24. “Every policeman knows when he joins the force that there are certain inherent risks that come with the territory. Ask any cop, he’ll tell ya, ‘If you can’t stand the heat, you better stay out of the kitchen.’” – Dick Jones
25. ED-209: “Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.”
Dick Jones: “I think you’d better do what he says, Mr. Kinney.”
ED-209: “You now have 15 seconds to comply. You are in direct violation of Penal Code 1.13, Section 9. You have five seconds to comply.”
Kinney: “Help! Help me!”
ED-209: “Four, three, two, one—I am now authorized to use physical force!”
Deep RoboCop Quotes That Will Make You Think
26. “You want to take him offline because he had a dream? What? Are you kidding?” – Bob Morton
27. “It’s a free society—except there ain’t nothin’ free because there are no guarantees, you know? You’re on your own. It’s the law of the jungle. Hoo-hoo.” – Keva Rosenberg Unemployed Person
28. Dougy: “We rob the banks, but we never get to keep the money.”
Emil Antonowsky: “Takes money to make money. We steal money to buy coke, then sell the coke to make even more money. Capital investment, man.”
Dougy: “Yeah, but why bother making it when we can just steal it?”
Emil Antonowsky: “No better way to steal money than free enterprise. Smoke?”
Dougy: “Naw. Ya know, those things’ll kill ya.”
Emil Antonowsky: “Yeah. You wanna live forever?”
29. “You know what the real tragedy is, Bob? We could have been friends. But you wouldn’t go through other channels. You went over my head. That hurt. But life goes on, all fun and glory, huh Bob? It helps if you think of it as a game. And every game’s got a winner and a loser. I’m cashing you out, Bob.” – Dick Jones
30. “Congratulations, Bob. I remember when I was a young executive at this company. We used to call the old man funny names—but there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn, and you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You’ve insulted me, and you’ve insulted this company.” – Dick Jones
How Important Is It to Uphold the Law and the Right Morals?
Cops protect the public, but it is our responsibility to comply and conform to the law. If more people are disobedient than the ones who are not, this will cause complete chaos.
In the movie, the high crime rate in Detroit led to the creation of the first RoboCop. He may have been a half cyborg or a machine. However, Alex Murphy hasn’t lost all of his humanity; he regained some memories and understood that he needed to start at the root to eradicate crime.
More than this, RoboCop also allows us to better understand how ruthless corrupt people could be. On the surface, they might seem magnanimous and generous. But, as we’ve seen in the movie, they could also be plotting things that would not benefit society as a whole.
With that, we hope these RoboCop quotes we’ve compiled were able to inspire you and make you laugh. Remember, the goodness of the world will start with you. So do good, no matter what!