These top 70 self-acceptance quotes will motivate you to feel good about yourself and respect yourself more!
There’s no doubt that self-acceptance is a good thing. The world would be much more peaceful and happier if we could all learn to accept ourselves. However, the problem is, it’s not that easy.
It’s really hard to love yourself when you constantly see things you don’t like about yourself.
This is especially so when those insecurities about yourself are pointed out by people who are important to you. These things can be discouraging, but they shouldn’t hinder your growth and self-acceptance.
Self-acceptance is a journey that everyone goes through. It may not happen right away, but as you mature and grow, you will learn to accept all of yourself.
So, to guide you, read this collection from beginning to end!
And make sure to check out these authenticity quotes and acceptance quotes.
Best Self-Acceptance Quotes
1. “What self-acceptance does is open up more possibilities of succeeding because you aren’t fighting yourself along the way.” – Shannon Ables
2. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you, real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” – Shannon L. Alder
3. “Everything begins with accepting oneself. Without self-acceptance, one cannot accomplish anything.” – Xuan-Thu Nguyen
4. “No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.” – Robert Holden
5. “Generally, self-acceptance is conceptualized as an affirmation or acceptance of self in spite of weaknesses or deficiencies.” – Michael Bernard
6. “Accepting yourself is about respecting yourself. It’s about honoring yourself right now, here today, at this moment. Not just who you could become somewhere down the line.” – Kris Carr
7. “If a person lacks self-acceptance, he can’t live with himself; if he lacks self-criticism, others can’t live with him.” – James Pike
8. “To accept ourselves is to accept the fact that what we think, feel, and do are all expressions of the self at the time they occur.” – Nathaniel Branden
9. “Self-acceptance begets acceptance from others, which begets even deeper, more genuine self-acceptance. It can be done. But no one is going to bestow it on you. It is a gift only you can give yourself.” – Camryn Manheim
10. “With unconditional self-acceptance, you always—yes, always—accept and respect yourself, your personhood, your being, whether or not you perform well, and whether or not other people approve of you and your behaviors.” – Albert Ellis
Inspiring Self-Acceptance Quotes That’ll Make You Embrace Your Imperfections
11. “Self-acceptance is without condition; it means that you accept yourself as is, flaws and all.” – Anonymous
12. “You may not be perfect when measuring yourself by unattainable standards. But you are always perfectly lovable. Let go of this idea of perfect. Accept yourself as you are. Allow yourself to love yourself as you are.” – Akiroq Brost
13. “Accept everything about yourself. I mean everything, you are you, and that is the beginning and the end; no apologies, no regrets.” – Henry A. Kissinger
14. “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” – George R. R. Martin
15. “Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance.” – Brené Brown
16. “Accept yourself: flaws, quirks, talents, secret thoughts, all of it, and experience true liberation.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
17. “Being authentic begins with unconditional self-acceptance—imperfections and all.” – Azim Jamal and Brian Tracy
18. “Self-acceptance involves loving ourselves enough to accept painful truths about ourselves.” – Don Richard Riso
19. “When someone came along and was brave enough to show the truth of who they were, flaws and all, it could inspire others to accept themselves as they were.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn
Short Self-Acceptance Quotes to Find Inner Peace
20. “Self-acceptance is how to find peace with one’s soul.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
21. “Forgiveness is the path to healing; healing is the path to self-acceptance.” – J.R. Incer
22. “Well-being is the final stage of self-acceptance.” – Maxime Lagacé
23. “Self-acceptance is perhaps the best gift you can give yourself.” – Anonymous
24. “Self-acceptance is truly a heroic act.” – Nathaniel Branden
25. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.” – Roy Bennett
26. “Our entire life consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are.” – Jean Anouilh
27. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
28. “The day we accept ourselves is the day of our resurrection.” – Abhijit Naskar
29. “Self-love, at its foundation, is self-acceptance.” – Rebecca Augustine
30. “Self-acceptance is pure power.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Also read: Short Quotes, Inner Peace Quotes
Self-Acceptance Quotes to Rise Above Others’ Opinions
31. “Self-acceptance is your truth, and in matters of someone else’s opinion of you will only be their belief of you, and that opinion will only survive in your life if you accept it to be true.” – Jesus Apollinaris
32. “Self-acceptance means living the life you choose to live without worrying what others think about you. It doesn’t matter what someone else thinks about you. What matters is what you think about yourself. Life is about choices, your life choices, not someone else’s choice about how you should live.” – Sadiqua Hamdan
33. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
Self-Acceptance Quotes That’ll Push You to Overcome Your Insecurities
34. “I think once I kind of got to a place of self-acceptance, looking past all the insecurities that I have, I’ve really grown so much as a person.” – Shannon Purser
35. “Self-acceptance is my refusal to be in an adversarial relationship with myself.” – Nathaniel Branden
36. “With self-acceptance, we have the ability to choose compassion and forgiveness over anger and self-hatred.” – Michelle Cruz-Rosado
37. “Self-forgiveness is a process that enables us to release guilt, while self-acceptance is a process that enables us to process our shame.” – Colin Tipping
38. “The first step in this process of mindfulness is radical self-acceptance.” – Stephen Batchelor
39. “We put on masks we believe will be more acceptable to the world than the truth of who we are. In doing so, we sacrifice the gift of self-acceptance.” – Jane Monica-Jones
40. “Over the last few years, my comfort level with how I look has improved. My age has helped. You get used to yourself and accept yourself.” – Lynn Redgrave
41. “Option A: spend your life trying to get others to accept you. Option B: accept yourself and spend your life with others who recognize what a beauty you are.” – Scott Stabile
42. “When you accept the reality of who you are and your current circumstances, you free up space to focus on what you want to attract in your life. We can’t change the past, but we can choose to take full ownership over the present moment.” – Anonymous
Uplifting Self-Acceptance Quotes for Hard Times in Life
43. “It takes strength to be proud of yourself and to accept yourself when you know that you have something out of the ordinary about you.” – Abigail Tarttelin
44. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” – Carl Jung
45. “May I accept myself as I am today? May I learn to love and accept myself unconditionally? I’m here. I’m home.” – Laurasia Mattingly
46. “In deep self-acceptance grows a compassionate understanding. As one Zen master said when I asked if he ever gets angry, ‘Of course I get angry, but then a few minutes later I say to myself, ‘What’s the use of this,’ and I let it go.’” – Jack Kornfield
47. “Radical self-acceptance enables us to sit at the feet of our life to be taught. Being taught transforms our fears and struggles into a kind of compost from which we may grow a more joyful life. And, along the way, we become a little more free of self-imposed obstacles and become a little more ourselves. And, we are glad.” – Stephanie Rutt
Also read: Self-Control Quotes
Self-Acceptance Quotes to Assist You in Building Your Confidence
48. “Dear superwoman, self-love, and self-acceptance will make you look beautiful and feel powerful. So do not worry about those who do not know the true you. Find ways to cherish you.” – Gift Gugu Mona
49. “I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it.” – Louise Hay
50. “Nothing I accept about myself can be used against me to diminish me.” – Audre Lorde
51. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” – Paul Tillich
52. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
Self-Acceptance Quotes for People Who Want to Change Their Lives
53. “Change is possible, but it must start with self-acceptance.” – Alexander Lowen
54. “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives.” – Louise Hay
55. “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself as I am, then I change.” – Carl Rogers
Self-Acceptance Quotes for You to Reflect On
56. “Accept yourself; then others will.” – Anonymous
57. “When I accept myself as a fallible human being capable of being liked and disliked, I will be concerned but not anxious if there is a possibility that new people may dislike me.” – Windy Dryden
58. “Unconditional, non-egoistic self-acceptance is actually more in line with self-compassion than self-esteem, suggesting that self-compassion may be a better candidate for predicting healthy relationship interactions.” – Kristin Neff
Self-Acceptance Quotes to Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful
59. “It’s important to think of self-acceptance as something related to your present state. It means accepting yourself as you are at this very moment. It doesn’t mean I would love myself more if I lost 10 pounds or I accepted myself when I was 20 years younger.” – Anne Poirier
60. “Knowingly accepting oneself is the quintessential mission of every person. We each must fix ourselves, make ourselves right with the world we were born into, and construct a satisfactory existence out of our very own scarf.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
61. “Self-acceptance is the conscious act of releasing self-judgment so that you can experience your wholeness.” – Anonymous
62. “The healing that comes with self-acceptance rippled through my life. As I embraced my carefree nature, I began living from my truth and watched as the pure expression of who I am and the love I bring to the world illuminated my life.” – Shelley Lundquist
Deep Self-Acceptance Quotes That’ll Change Your Perspective
63. “I seem to have the blind self-acceptance of the eccentric who can’t conceive that his eccentricities are not clearly understood.” – Saul Bellow
64. “Self-acceptance is a way of viewing oneself compassionately, without condemnation or justification. It is a starting point in life that makes other things possible.” – Don Richard Riso
65. “Belief in self and self-acceptance appeared to have a direct impact on one’s resiliency and overall worldview.” – Dr. Asa Don Brown
More Quotes About Accepting Yourself
66. “Whether you’re as healthy as you should be or not, that doesn’t disallow you to look your best. Style is only possible from a place of self-acceptance.” – Stacy London
67. “Laugh at yourself, not with ridicule but with objectivity and acceptance of self.” – C.W. Metcalf
68. “Self-acceptance is, at its simplest, the experience of one’s self, here and now, as a complete human being, with all the glories and problems that condition entails.” – Don Richard Riso
69. “Let us, therefore, teach our children and our therapy clients to have unconditional self-acceptance—that is, to fully accept themselves as valuable and enjoyable humans whether or not they are self-efficacious and whether or not others approve of or love them.” – Albert Ellis
70. “Genuine self-acceptance is not derived from the power of positive thinking, mind games, or pop psychology. It is an act of faith in the God of grace.” – Brennan Manning
Are You Willing to Accept Yourself—Flaws and All?
Self-acceptance is an incredibly powerful tool for personal growth and development. But sometimes, it’s not always possible to put this into practice. We are all guilty of criticizing ourselves in one way or another, which leads to feelings of insecurity, unworthiness, and inadequacy.
The good news is that we can all work on self-acceptance in our own ways. You can start by making small changes in your own life; it doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. It’s really about taking it one step at a time and not expecting yourself to get it right all at once.
Remember, you’re not alone. You’re not the only one who has issues with their flaws and imperfections. So, don’t worry that you’re too far gone to make a difference because self-acceptance is a long process; no matter how hard it is, you can do it!
Hopefully, this list of quotes was able to give you a better understanding of self-acceptance. Remember, when you accept yourself—flaws and all—you’ll become much happier in life. So, learn to love and appreciate who you are!