Society will always try to shape you into someone you’re not, so read through these authenticity quotes to be reminded that the best way to go about life is by being true to who you are.
Because of societal norms, peer pressure, and other people’s judgment, we tend to hide behind masks.
We use these masks to shield ourselves from the world’s harsh reality. However, traversing through life like this will never bring you real happiness.
What you must do instead is to live life as authentically as possible. Live every day with the mindset that what you’re doing is for you and your dreams and passions.
It might be challenging, but we’re confident that this list of the best authenticity quotes will be a great first step for you.
Read on and be inspired to live according to your choices and beliefs!
Best Authenticity Quotes
1. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” – Brené Brown
2. “Live authentically. Why would you continue to compromise something that’s beautiful to create something that is fake?” – Steve Maraboli
3. “Authenticity is the alignment of head, mouth, heart, and feet—thinking, saying, feeling, and doing the same thing—consistently. This builds trust, and followers love leaders they can trust.” – Lance Secretan
4. “Authenticity means erasing the gap between what you firmly believe inside and what you reveal to the outside world.” – Adam Grant
5. “The core of authenticity is the courage to be imperfect, vulnerable, and to set boundaries.” – Brené Brown
6. “Authenticity is not needing external approval to feel good about your actions.” – Anonymous
Famous Authenticity Quotes
7. “Authenticity requires a certain measure of vulnerability, transparency, and integrity.” – Janet Louise Stephenson
8. “Authenticity is not something we have or don’t have. It’s a practice—a conscious choice of how we want to live.” – Brené Brown
9. “To become conscious and aware, we must become authentic. Authenticity is the highest form of being.” – Teal Swan
10. “When do you feel most authentic? Authenticity feels so natural, so why isn’t it easy?” – Robert Holden
11. “What makes you vulnerable makes you beautiful. There’s a word for it—authentic.” – Anonymous
12. “Authenticity doesn’t just mean you’re not filtering what you’re saying; it’s about being able to know and access the best parts of yourself and bring them forward.” – Amy Cuddy
13. “Being authentic begins with unconditional self-acceptance—imperfections and all.” – Azim Jamal and Brian Tracy
Authenticity Quotes to Inspire You
14. “Authenticity is at the heart of success.” – Anonymous
15. “Authenticity starts in the heart.” – Brian D’Angelo
16. “The authentic self is the soul made visible.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
17. “Authenticity—knowing who you are and being brave enough to live it.” – Anonymous
18. “Don’t worry about being good. Aspire to be authentic.” – Yann Martel
19. “As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is authenticity.” – Charlie Chaplin
20. “Authenticity is everything! You have to wake up every day and look in the mirror, and you want to be proud of the person who’s looking back at you. And you can only do that if you’re being honest with yourself and being a person of high character. You have an opportunity every single day to write that story of your life.” – Aaron Rodgers
Authenticity Quotes That Will Push You to Be True to Yourself
21. “Authenticity is about being true to who you are, even when everyone around you wants you to be someone else.” – Michael Jordan
22. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
23. “Authenticity—the courage to be yourself.” – Anonymous
24. “Authenticity is very important. Be true to one’s self.” – Laila Ali
25. “Being sincere and true to yourself defines your authenticity.” – Arsenio V. Manalo Jr.
26. “Authenticity is more than speaking; authenticity is also about doing. Every decision we make says something about who we are.” – Simon Sinek
27. “Be yourself. Authenticity trumps cool every time.” – Craig Groeschel
28. “If you’re your authentic self, you have no competition.” – Anonymous
29. “Be your authentic self. Your authentic self is who you are when you have no fear of judgment or before the world starts pushing you around and telling you who you’re supposed to be. Your fictional self is who you are when you have a social mask on to please everyone else. Give yourself permission to be your authentic self.” – Dr. Phil
Authenticity Quotes to Live By
30. “Don’t trade your authenticity for approval.” – Anonymous
31. “Be fearlessly authentic.” – Anonymous
32. “Live authentic. Be authentic.” – Anonymous
33. “When you show up authentic, you create the space for others to do the same. Walk in your truth.” – Anonymous
34. “Be so authentically you that others feel safe to be themselves too.” – Anonymous
35. “Find the courage to be authentic. Not everyone will like you, but no one can if they don’t get a chance to know you.” – Anonymous
36. “Be authentic. Be genuine. Be real. Be yourself.” – Tai Sheridan
37. “That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something.” – Meredith Monk
Also read: Quotes to Live By
Short Authenticity Quotes to Keep In Mind
38. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
39. “To become authentic, we require a thirst for freedom.” – Don Mateo Sol
40. “Truth is a point of view, but authenticity can’t be faked.” – Peter Guber
41. “Authenticity over everything.” – Anonymous
42. “Authenticity is magnetic.” – Anonymous
43. “Authenticity is in woefully short supply.” – Anonymous
44. “Perfection is the antithesis of authenticity.” – Willie Garson
Also read: Short Quotes
Wise Authenticity Quotes for Leaders
45. “Authenticity is your most precious commodity as a leader.” – Marcus Buckingham
46. “Yes, in all my research, the greatest leaders looked inward and were able to tell a good story with authenticity and passion.” – Deepak Chopra
47. “When you are authentic, you create a certain energy; people want to be around you because you are unique.” – Andie MacDowell
48. “Authenticity is critical to leadership. That means trying to be yourself—this involves some self-disclosure, admitting what you don’t know, and being willing to ask questions.” – Robert S. Kaplan
49. “Authenticity is what makes a relatable person believable. It is what makes relatability sustainable. Anyone can take relatability for a time, but authenticity is what makes it real.” – Michele Jennae
50. “Details matter. They create depth, and depth creates authenticity.” – Neil Blumenthal
Authenticity Quotes That’ll Make You Reconsider Your Actions
51. “It’s never too late to try authenticity.” – Miranda Devine
52. “The closer you stay to emotional authenticity and people, character authenticity, the less you can go wrong. That’s how I feel now, no matter what you’re doing.” – David O. Russell
53. “Authenticity can’t be replicated or faked. You’re either real, or you’re not.” – Bibi Bourelly
54. “The quality of your life is directly related to the authenticity of the dreams you choose to follow.” – Anonymous
55. “We need to find the courage to say no to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity.” – Barbara de Angelis
56. “There’s an authenticity in just being who you are and not having an act about it or wearing clothes you normally wouldn’t wear. I’m just comfortable in my own skin.” – Luke Combs
57. “Whether you’re authentic about something that feels good or something that doesn’t feel good, authenticity is going to increase your frequency.” – Teal Swan
Meaningful Authenticity Quotes That’ll Change Your Mindset
58. “Less perfection. More authenticity.” – Anonymous
59. “Authenticity is really important, and sometimes that’s really hard to get.” – Tom Freston
60. “If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” – Brené Brown
61. “Living from a place of authenticity is difficult because those living in distortion see you as a threat to their delusion, and some are so attached to that delusion that they will behave in erratic ways to defend their ego’s projection of wounding.” – Suzanne Wagner
62. “Authenticity reduces stress and produces faith in oneself and in the potential to grow and learn.” – Arthur P. Ciaramicoli
63. “People are just looking for honesty and authenticity more than anything.” – Sarah Huckabee Sanders
More Authenticity Quotes You Need to Read Today
64. “When emerging from humble beginnings, those around you tend to underestimate your authenticity because they knew you before you were ‘somebody.’” – Criss Jami
65. “When you are real in your music, people know it, and they feel your authenticity.” – Wynonna Judd
66. “Authenticity is freedom from the illusion of fear and alignment to the reality of love.” – Anonymous
67. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
68. “They don’t like it when your authenticity is louder than their façade.” – Anonymous
69. “The pleasure of authenticity exists in the grain of society.” – John Zerzan
70. “There are more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in any profane history.” – Isaac Newton
How Do You Remain Authentic in This Harsh World?
Judgment from other people is scary. There’s no denying that fact. However, it’s not enough reason to hide your true self from the world.
Even when we think the world is harsh, cold, and dark, there will always be parts of it that’ll remain beautiful. At the same time, there will always be people who will love and support who you truly are. So, don’t be afraid and just live life unapologetically.
You might struggle at first, but just remember that at the end of your hardships lies a meaningful and purposeful life. When you live as authentically as possible, you’re more sure that everything you go through and everything you face will lead you to a better version of yourself.
It’s never too late to cultivate authenticity. Just stop, reflect, and realign your plans and goals. After that, stop being afraid; go forward in life knowing that good things await you only if you remain true to who you are.
With that, we hope this list was effectively able to push you to start living life more authentically. You can never escape from naysayers and the status quo. But, it is in your hands to rise above them and prove them wrong!