Growing up can be a bit harsh; that’s why we’ve gathered these Sesame Street quotes to bring you comfort and joy in handling life’s ups and downs.
Sesame Street is an American television series that aims to impart positive messages and words of encouragement.
With a show full of various characters, it truly tackled many issues most of us are afraid to recognize.
As we get older and form our own families, remembering and reviewing shows like this is essential to help us rekindle the best memories of our youth.
Moreover, the lessons we’ve gained from shows like Sesame Street can be passed along from generation to generation.
So, what are you waiting for?
Read through to the end to reminisce about your favorite characters when you were a kid!
Read the entire list below.
And don’t forget to check out these Cookie Monster quotes and Kermit the Frog quotes.
Best Sesame Street Quotes
1. “The key to a lasting friendship is always respecting each other, listening to each other, and caring what the other person thinks and feels.” – Ernie
2. “Bad days happen to everyone, but when one happens to you, just keep doing your best and never let a bad day make you feel bad about yourself.” – Big Bird
3. “Elmo thinks it’s important to be kind because if you’re kind to somebody, then they’ll be kind to somebody, and it goes on and on and on.” – Elmo
4. “Yeah, well, I’ve got a dream too, but it’s about singing and dancing and making people happy. That’s the kind of dream that gets better the more people to share it with.” – Kermit the Frog
5. “Here’s some simple advice: always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of parliament.” – Kermit the Frog
6. “Friend, something better than chocolate ice cream—maybe friend somebody you give up last cookie for.” – Cookie Monster
Famous Sesame Street Quotes
7. “Cookie is like high five for stomach.” – Cookie Monster
8. “Sally, you’ve never seen a street like Sesame Street before. Everything happens here. You’re gonna love it!” – Gordon Robinson
9. “Of all the benches in all the parks in the world, I had to pick this one!” – Mr. Johnson
10. “Sorry, Slimey, time for sleep now. So close your eyes and dream of all the wonderful trash that’s yet to come. You too. There’ll be more trash tomorrow.” – Oscar the Grouch
11. “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. It’s the most remarkable word I’ve ever seen. I wish I knew exactly what it meant. It starts out like an A word, as anyone can see. But somewhere in the middle, it gets awful ‘QR.’ to me. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. If I ever find out just what this word can mean, I’ll be the smartest bird the world has ever seen.” – Big Bird
12. “I’m happy to be me!” – Big Bird
Also read: Famous Quotes
Motivational Sesame Quotes That Will Give You the Drive to Push Through
13. “If you keep practicing, you can do anything.” – Elmo
14. “Everyone makes mistakes, so why can’t you?” – Big Bird
15. “Elmo was scared before, but Elmo isn’t scared anymore.” – Elmo
Also read: Elmo Quotes, Oscar the Grouch Quotes
Sesame Street Quotes to Guide Us in Life
16. “Where there is life, there is hope.” – Elmo
17. “Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.” – Miss Peggy
18. “Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending.” – Kermit the Frog
19. “It’s good to be alive.” – Cookie Monster
Sesame Street Quotes That Are Filled With Wisdom
20. “It’s incredible where you can go with your imagination.” – Elmo
21. “Man, oh man, what do you know? There is intelligent life in outer space!” – Oscar the Grouch
22. “The library is a wonderful place with books to read, and you can listen to records like ‘The Air Is Alive With The Sound Of Music.'” – Grover
Sesame Street Quotes for Those Who Adore Cookie Monster
23. “Home is where heart is. Heart where cookie is. Math clear: home is cookie.” – Cookie Monster
24. “Today, we will live in the moment unless it’s unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie.” – Cookie Monster
25. “C is for cookie and cookie is for me!” – Cookie Monster
26. “I’m sorry. It feels like the moment calls for some humor. Cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie!” – Cookie Monster
27. “I’d give you a cookie, but I ate it.” – Cookie Monster
28. “Keep calm and eat cookies.” – Cookie Monster
29. “Me love to eat cookies. Sometimes eat whole, sometimes me chew it.” – Cookie Monster
30. “Me wasn’t born with name Cookie Monster. It just nickname that stuck. Me don’t remember me real name—maybe it was Sidney?” – Cookie Monster
31. “Fruit or cookie. Fruit. Cookie. Me Cookie Monster! This no-brainer!” – Cookie Monster
Interesting Sesame Street Quotes to Better Understand the Characters
32. “Cookie Monster thief, not liar.” – Cookie Monster
33. “Never refer to me as an item. I’m a bird.” – Big Bird
34. “You’d be Oscar the Grouch, too, if you lived in a trash can!” – Oscar the Grouch
35. “Who care if me eat carrot or collard greens? Me also like broccoli and lettuce, and lima beans. Me still Cookie Monster. That not a sham.” – Cookie Monster
36. “Well, the rent is cheap and I love trash, so I figured I would be close to it if I lived in a trash can myself. What’s wrong with that?” – Oscar the Grouch
37. “For those of you who don’t speak chicken, Zelda says that she is mighty proud to be a chicken!” – Zelda
38. “It is I, your furry pal, Grover!” – Grover
39. “Elmo’s fur is furry, alright.” – Elmo
Funny Sesame Street Quotes
40. “Oh, I love pigeons more than anything else in this world—besides oatmeal.” – Bert
41. “Early bird gets the worm. But cookie taste better than worm. So me sleep in.” – Cookie Monster
42. “How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies and the daddies.” – Grover
43. “I can’t hear you. I have a banana in my ear!” – Ernie
44. “Onion rings are just vegetable donuts.” – Cookie Monster
45. “Do you know why they call me the Count? Because I love to count! Ah-hah-hah!” – Count von Count
46. “At this point, you might think we’d go for the cheap joke. But we’re not going to.” – Kermit the Frog
47. “Wow, now that was someone who was afraid.” – Elmo
More Sesame Street Quotes That Are Still Iconic
48. “Ding-dong, you’re wrong.” – Oscar the Grouch
49. “This is the song la la la la, Elmo’s song.” – Elmo
50. “One squeal, no make it two squeals or three squeals. No wait, four squeals or five squeals or six squeals.” – Count von Count
Did These Quotes Make You Feel Like You’re Part of the Sesame Street Family?
Having a sense of family is an essential part of survival in this world. As they say, “No man is an island.” It is innate for humans to find comfort in family, friends, and loved ones.
This feeling of belongingness and acceptance that we all long for can be found in shows like Sesame Street. Despite being a children’s show, there is no denying that the values it offers are timeless and relevant. It indeed serves as a friend we can always rely on in times of problems.
Remember that life is not meant to be shouldered alone, so learn to reach out to family and friends. Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and the rest of the Sesame Street family will always be here to guide you and make you laugh!
Which Sesame Street quote left an impression on you? Let us know in the comments section below.