May you once again feel the magic of love and unconditional friendship through this list of Elmo quotes!
Elmo was initially designed to be a background muppet. But, he surprisingly stood out in making generations of children fall in love with him.
One of his most significant advocacies and lessons is building friendships based on genuine acceptance.
This and his other relatable words made him a character loved by both kids and adults worldwide!
As we go through life, characters like Elmo are essential in guiding our life decisions and principles.
He is a reminder that being yourself is what will help you find true friends who will accept you no matter what.
Here are some of our favorite Elmo quotes that’ll give you a peek into self-worth and friendship. If you’re a fan, be sure you don’t miss out!
Continue to the list below.
And make sure to read these Sesame Street quotes and Kermit the Frog quotes.
Best Elmo Quotes
1. “In case life happens to be fair, then for what reason do roses have thorns.”
2. “Wise sayings often fall on barren ground, but a kind word is never thrown away.”
3. “Elmo thinks it’s important to be kind because if you’re kind to somebody, then they’ll be kind to somebody, and it goes on and on and on.”
4. “Life is similar to a movie where you need to write your very own ending.”
5. “Be positive. Encourage one another. Live, laugh, and love, like Elmo!”
Famous Elmo Quotes
6. “What’s that in the sky? Is it a bird? Is it a really big, blue furry bird? It’s Super Grover!”
7. “The last thing on my mind was to be an actor, but I had a crush on a cute girl in the drama department, so the best thing for me to do was audition, help out, do carpentry, whatever it took—to get me on that project.”
8. “Elmo is so happy to see you! Welcome to Sesame Street!”
9. “Wow! That was a fun ride. Gee, look at this place. Where’s Elmo’s blanket? And where is Elmo? Elmo doesn’t think he’s on Sesame Street anymore.”
10. “It’s time to make up a musical!”
Motivational Elmo Quotes to Push You Forward
11. “It’s incredible where you can go with your imagination.”
12. “Elmo is overjoyed after seeing you.”
13. “Smile! Someone loves you. And Elmo does too!”
14. “Wow, now that was someone who was afraid.”
Elmo Quotes for Those Who Need Life Advice
15. “If you keep practicing, you can do anything.”
16. “The best fashion advice I’d say would be just to do what makes you comfortable and what makes you feel cute, and that’s how you’re gonna look your best ’cause when you feel your best, everybody else can feel it, too.”
17. “When you feel like your nose needs to give an ahh-choo, this is how you act. This is what you do. Lift your arm high, bend it towards your face, and sneeze right there in the bendy place.”
Also read: Cookie Monster Quotes, Oscar the Grouch Quotes
Intriguing Elmo Quotes That Highlight His Preferences
18. “Elmo loves to learn, learn about it all. The things that are big and the things that are small!”
19. “On a good day, I think I’m handsome. On an average day, I’m average. I’m a man’s man, so I don’t necessarily know how cute we’re supposed to be.”
20. “Some days, I think I look kind of cute, but other days I try to avoid the mirror.”
21. “When he rides his tricycle, he always rings his bellmo. Bring Bring! At night he takes a bubble bath. Just so he won’t smellmo. At night he takes a bubble bath. Just so he won’t smellmo.”
22. “Grownups say, ‘An apple a day, keeps the doctor away,’ but Elmo loves fruit, so Elmo will have an orange too! Hahaha!”
23. “Elmo loves to stay nice and clean!”
Nurturing Elmo Quotes for Those Who Need Love
24. “Me love me blanky in the whole world. Me sad if me blanky would go away. But if you lose your blanky, my give up my blanky for you because that’s how much me loves you.”
25. “I knew Elmo should represent love. Kissing and hugging.”
26. “Elmo help? What can Elmo do?”
27. “Elmo is kindness personified, but he’s also 3-and-a-half years old and acts his age.”
28. “Come on! You can do it! You’re doing great!”
29. “Elmo connects with the kids as well as the grown-ups on the purest level, and this is basically the human desire to be loved as well as to love. It is as uncomplicated as that.”
Elmo Quotes to Think About
30. “I grew up with a very big extended family, with a lot of aunts. We had about five or six houses on one street.”
31. “Elmo thought Christmas every day would make people happy, Lightning. But it’s making them sad. The Fix-It-Shop is closed, Big Bird is crying, nobody is celebrating. And the Count says Christmas isn’t special anymore because it’s every day. Maybe Santa’s right. Every day can’t be Christmas. That wouldn’t be such a treat. You can get tired of chocolate candy when that’s all you eat. Every day can’t be your birthday. That wouldn’t be such fun. Too many birthdays aren’t as nice as one.”
32. “Elmo never grows. Once something is shown to him by the folks, he starts laughing. He simply does not have any desire of learning any lesson. It is the precise opposite of used to be done by old Sesame Street. Elmo is learning the identical lesson all his life, and for this reason, Elmo has an affinity for Elmo.”
33. “Elmo is out and it is nothing much personal. Everybody has an affinity for Elmo. However, there are just two ways this entire thing can turn out to be. On one hand, the persistent positivity of Elmo starts wearing on you in and around the third week of being stranded on an island. You deal with it and suck it up though, since it is none but Elmo. It is going to be his thing only. However, with the advent of time you begin to crack. That’s not his fault, but yours. And one fine day, while Elmo returns from the search for food with a wide smile on his face along with a decomposed coconut, you eventually toss his compact-sized body right into the waters.”
Funny Elmo Quotes
34. “Oh, that’s okay, Grizzy. Elmo’s done harder stuff than this before. Elmo learned to tie his own shoes.”
35. “Someone just told Elmo yesterday was talk in third person day. Elmo doesn’t know what that is, but it sounds fun. Can Elmo play?”
36. “Elmo learned the word ‘hydrate,’ so now Elmo takes a lot of sippy breaks! Hahaha!”
37. “I am extremely sorry. You are actually dressed just like Elmo. It appears like the moment is in need of some humor.”
38. “I love waving at people because you know for the rest of the day they’re trying to figure out who you were.”
39. “Elmo should have known building a house with gingerbread cookies was not the best idea.”
40. “My name isn’t Elmo, but you can tickle me anytime you want to.”
41. “Boy, Elmo really misses Elmo’s friends sometimes. But then Elmo remembers Elmo can still talk to Elmo’s friends on the phone and have virtual hangouts! Elmo just learned the word virtual!”
Elmo Quotes That Will Remain in Our Hearts Forever
42. “It’s not nice to take things that don’t belong to you.”
43. “Elmo don’t think you’re stupid.”
44. “It’s all about your point of view. In life it’s all about your point of view.”
45. “Oh look, it’s Mr. Noodle’s brother, Mr. Noodle.”
46. “This is a song about Elmo, who likes to play and yellmo.”
47. “Elmo’s fur is furry, alright.”
Savage Elmo Quotes to Get a Glimpse of His Friendship With Rocco
48. “How is Rocco going to eat that cookie, Zoe? Tell Elmo. Rocco doesn’t even have a mouth. Rocco’s just a rock! Rocco’s not alive!”
49. “Don’t worry everybody! Elmo and Zoe practiced sharing and are still best buds forever! Elmo loves you Zoe! Hahaha! Elmo doesn’t want to talk about Rocco.”
50. “Has anybody ever seen a rock eat a cookie? Elmo is just curious.”
Did These Elmo Quotes Inspire You to Seek Genuine Friendship at All Times?
Known as a furry red monster with a falsetto voice, Elmo is often bullied because of his illeism—the tendency to speak in the third person. This was a significant hindrance in making new friends and often resulted in self-hate.
Though only a character, we can get inspiration from Elmo’s stories and how he overcame this struggle. The answer, surprisingly, is straightforward—to have friends who accept you as who you are.
Life is too short to spend with people who do not appreciate us and make us change to fit their lifestyle. Like Elmo, let’s remain optimistic, loving, and open. If we’re patient and take the time to analyze people’s intentions, we’ll find those who will stand by us in the ups and downs of life.
Which of these Elmo quotes taught you the real meaning of friendship and acceptance? Did these quotes inspire you to live the life you deserve? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so comment down below!