Let these Sid the Sloth quotes take you on a journey back to the Ice Age!
Sid the Sloth is one of the main characters in our beloved animated film franchise, Ice Age. Everything began when he journeys with two unlikely friends—a mammoth named Manny and a saber-toothed tiger named Diego. The three friends went on an adventure to rescue a lost human baby and return it to its tribe.
They encounter many challenges along the way, and we’re given a thorough glimpse of Sid’s true personality. Though he’s meant to be annoying to the point that his family abandoned him, there are still many good points to Sid. He even found a family—a herd—with his new friends.
So, if you’re curious to understand Sid the Sloth, make sure you read through our complete list below. There are many lines in the film that we’re sure will delight you, but there are also a lot of meaningful lessons to be taken away.
And don’t forget to check out these Ice Age quotes.
Best Sid the Sloth Quotes
1. “Well, I think mating for life is stupid. I mean, there’s plenty of Sid to go around.”
2. “I’m a mammal that cares.”
3. “I don’t know about you guys, but we are the weirdest herd I’ve ever seen.”
4. “That’s it, you’re out of the herd!”
5. “Humans are disgusting.”
Famous Sid Quotes
6. “From now on, you’ll have to refer to me as ‘Sid, Lord of the Flame.’”
7. “Yeah, but with my little stick in my highly evolved brain—ow—I shall create fire.”
8. “Hey, I’m a sloth. I see a tree, I eat a leaf, that’s my tracking.”
9. “That south thing is way overrated. The heat, the crowds—who needs it? Isn’t this great? You and me, two bachelors knockin’ about in the wild.”
10. “We’ll see if brains triumph over brawn tonight. Now, won’t we?”
Funny Sid the Sloth Quotes
11. “Okay, so you’ve got issues. You won’t even know I’m here. I’ll just zip the lip.”
12. “Hey, why am I the poop-checker?”
13. Diego: “You calling me a liar?”
Sid: “I didn’t say that.”
14. Sid: “Well, I ain’t exactly lactating right now, pal.”
Diego: “You’re a little low on the food chain to be mouthing off, aren’t you?”
15. Sid: “Boy! For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me!”
Diego: “I don’t eat junk food.”
Sad Sid the Sloth Quotes to Revisit His Most Heartbreaking Lines
16. “They left without me. They do this every year. Why? Doesn’t anyone love me? Isn’t there anyone who cares about Sid the Sloth?”
17. “This has definitely not been my day. You know what I’m saying, buddy? What a mess.”
18. “All right, I’ll just go by myself.”
19. “My mistake. That was my mistake.”
20. “Don’t let them impale me, please I wanna live!”
21. “Just pretend that I’m not here.”
22. “Gosh, I hate breaking their hearts like that. But you know how it is.”
23. “My family abandoned me. They just kinda migrated without me. You should see what they did last year. They woke up early and tied my hands and feet and they gagged me with a field mouse, covered their tracks, went through water so I’d lose their scent and—who needs ’em, anyway?”
24. Manny: “Hey, buddy, if it’s not them today, It’s just someone else tomorrow.”
Sid: “Well, I’d like rather not be today, okay.”
Sid the Sloth Quotes to Cheer You Up
25. “No thanks. I choose life.”
26. “Way to go, tiger.”
27. “Whoa? You and me. We make a great team.”
28. “Wahoo! We did it! We did it! What? What? You have beautiful eyes.”
29. “Oh, thanks, Manny. You’re my pal. You are my best.”
Sid the Sloth Quotes That Highlight His Sweet Side
30. “All right. You have fat hair, but when you’re ready to talk, I’m here.”
31. “Should we make sure they found him?”
32. “You can’t leave him here. Look, there’s smoke! That’s his herd right up the hill. We should return him.”
33. “I’m so full. How about a good night kiss for your big buddy Sid?”
34. “Fine, be a jerk. I’ll take care of him.”
Short Sid the Sloth Quotes That’ll Take You Back to the Ice Age
35. “I gotcha. Captain, iceberg ahead.”
36. “Hey, Manny. Aren’t you forgetting something?”
37. “Diego, you hold the baby.”
38. “Are you threatening me?”
39. “Hey, widebody, curb it next time!”
40. “Come on, keep up with me.”
More Sid the Sloth Quotes for Ice Age Fans
41. “Look, I’m sorry to interrupt your snack, but we gotta go.”
42. “Uh, no. Actually, that pink thing belongs to us.”
43. “That’s right, you losers! You take one step and you’re dead!”
44. Diego: “Its nose is dry.”
Sid: “That means there’s something wrong with it.”
45. “Wow, I wish I could jump like that.”
46. “What is this? Pine cones. Oh, my goodness. They’re my favorite. Delicious. That’s good eating. But don’t let me hog them all up. Here, you have some. Tasty, isn’t it? Bon appetit-ue.”
47. Sid: “Wait, aren’t you going south? The change of seasons, migration instincts. Any of this a-ringing a bell?”
Manny: “I guess not. Bye.”
Sid: “Okay, then. Thanks for the help. I can take it from here.”
48. “This is cake. I’m fine, I’m fine. I’m gonna die.”
49. “Now to find a meal befitting a conquering hero.”
50. “I don’t like this cat. He reads minds.”
What Do You Think of Sid the Sloth’s Character?
From the very beginning, the storyline establishes Sid’s character as annoying, lazy, and definitely not the wisest and most intelligent. Many who watched the franchise would even say that they hate his character. However, Sid the Sloth is one of those with tremendous character development.
With the experiences he went through with his friends, Manny and Diego, Sid slowly learned how to be more compassionate and considerate of others. Though there were many things he could still improve on, he was able to make up for what he lacked by showing loyalty, devotion, and appreciation to his friends.
Let Sid the Sloth be a reminder that we all have shortcomings that we can improve on. Life’s not a walk in the park. But, if you view it optimistically and hold on to genuine friends, your journey will be filled with happiness and fulfillment.
Have you watched any of the movies in the Ice Age franchise? Who is your favorite character? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so comment below!