Here are some encouraging single woman quotes to help you move on from a breakup!
Relationships and love make our hearts flutter and give us butterflies in our stomachs. There’s no doubt about that.
However, there are also many things about them that are out of our control. Sometimes, no matter how well a relationship started off, it’ll still end in a breakup, and you’ll be left single and all alone.
But, being a single woman is nothing to be ashamed of; it’s a part of life, and it’s completely normal. Grieve your lost relationship, but also allow yourself to take a break.
Grow and get to know more about yourself. Be happy single and love yourself; this is the only way to get back up.
Take this time to reflect on yourself and boost your self-esteem. If you want some tips on how to do this, read the most relevant and wisest single woman quotes below!
And don’t forget to check out these strong women quotes.
Best Single Woman Quotes
1. “Single is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” – Mandy Hale
2. “If you’re not happy single, you won’t be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from men.” – Anonymous
3. “It is better to be single and wait for what you deserve than lower your standards and settle for less than God’s best for you.” – Brittney Moses
4. “Single is not a status; it is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.” – Prixie
5. “It takes a strong woman to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.” – Anonymous
6. “You’re not single because of an attitude problem. You’re single because some men have a problem with strong-minded women. Women who aren’t afraid to call bullshit when they see it. You’re single because you’ve yet to find someone who is willing to understand why you are the way you are. You’re single because you’re built for a man who won’t be intimated; he’ll find you.” – Anonymous
7. “She is single, not because she can’t find a man, but because she’s waiting for the right man to come along and make her feel so secure in the relationship that loving him just comes naturally and easily.” – Amari Soul
8. “Still single today? No worries. Keep love in your heart; a life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Anonymous
Inspirational Single Women Quotes That You Can Learn From
9. “Single is no longer a lack of options, but a choice—a choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day happily and let your ever after work itself out.” – Mandy Hale
10. “I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.” – Horacio Jones
11. “Be grateful for your singleness. It has made you strong and independent and unflinching in your unwillingness to settle. It has protected you from the wrong men and forced you to take risks, and taught you the value of your own company. It has given you the space and grace to become exactly who you are.” – Anonymous
12. “I don’t need to be in a relationship to be told how beautiful, pretty, and sexy I am. I already know that.” – Mandy Hale
13. “I recommend to all my friends that they be alone for a while. When you’re in love or dating someone, you filter your life decisions through their eyes. When you spend a few years being who you are, completely unbiased, you can figure out what you actually want.” – Taylor Swift
Single Quotes for Girls Worldwide
14. “Don’t settle, even if you remain alone for a lifetime. You deserve someone who will appreciate you for both your beauty and your bruises.” – A.R. Lucas
15. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” – Mandy Hale
16. “Stay single until someone actually complements your life in a way that makes it better not to be single. If not, it’s not worth it.” – Anonymous
17. “If you really are going to be a happy single, you have to stop treating being single as the annoying time that you pass between relationships and embrace it. Rather than focusing on what you lack, focus on what you have: you.” – Natalie Lue
18. “Think about it this way: while being married is about becoming the wife you are meant to be, being single allows you to focus on becoming the woman you were born to be.” – Mandy Hale
19. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy, and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Great Quotes for Single Ladies
20. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.” – Mandy Hale
21. “‘Happily single’ is recognizing that you don’t need or want to be rescued from your life by a handsome prince because your life is pretty awesome, as is.” – Mandy Hale
22. “When I choose to remove someone from my life, it doesn’t mean that I hate them. It means I respect myself.” – Tiny Buddha
23. “Of course, I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
24. “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” – Mandy Hale
Single Wife Quotes to Keep You Going
25. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
26. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them, but still move on without them.” – Mandy Hale
27. “You do not need to be loved—not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship with the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.” – Jo Coudert
Funny Quotes for a Single Independent Woman
28. “Yes, I’m single, and any guy who wants to change that is going to have to be pretty damn amazing.” – Anonymous
29. “I’m only single because out of all the men out there, I just haven’t met one brave enough to take me on or who can handle me, but you are welcome to try.” – Anonymous
30. “Being single doesn’t mean you should just sit there and wait for prince charming. He is probably stuck in a tree somewhere.” – Anonymous
How Do You Feel About Being Single?
Some women sadly think that the only way to be successful and happy as a woman is to have a man beside her. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
You must never forget that you don’t need a man to be happy! The only thing you need and the only thing constant in life is yourself.
So, take care of yourself, love yourself, and grow into the most beautiful person you’ll ever know—inside and out. Breakups are painful, but you don’t have to get stuck in that pain.
Accept the hurt and grieve it, but also use it as an inspiration to move forward. Once you do, you’ll see how much more there is to life beyond your past relationship.
Romantic love is a great thing to have and experience. Even so, don’t let yourself believe that it’s the only way to be happy and successful as a human.
With that, we hope the single woman quotes above were able to open your eyes and give you a whole new perspective. Be happy and pour all the love you have on yourself!