If you ever find yourself seeking life’s meaning, this list of Soul quotes is here for deeper contemplation!
Soul is an animated Pixar movie that tells the story of Joe, a middle-school band teacher. He dreams of playing jazz professionally, but his life hasn’t turned out as expected. He finally gets his chance when he auditions for Dorothy William’s quartet and gets accepted.
Unfortunately, he falls down the sewer drain on his way to work. As soon as he stops falling, he finds himself as a disembodied soul in another realm. This became the start of his journey to finding his purpose in life.
This snippet already gives us a sneak peek of this movie’s funny yet inspiring storyline. So, if you want to laugh and be inspired at the same time, you’ve just clicked on the right collection to dive into!
Check out the complete list below.
And make sure to read these Sonic the Hedgehog quotes and All Dogs Go to Heaven quotes.
Best Soul Quotes
1. Counselor Jerry: “How are you going to spend your life?”
Joe Gardner: “I’m not sure, but I do know I’m gonna live every minute of it.”
2. Joe Gardner: “Music is all I think about from the moment I wake up in the morning to the moment I fall asleep at night.”
Libba Gardner: “You can’t eat dreams for breakfast, Joe.”
Joe Gardner: “Then I don’t want to eat.”
3. “Life is full of possibilities. You just need to know where to look.” – Joe Gardner
4. 22: “I never got my spark.”
Joe Gardner: “Yes, you did. Your spark isn’t your purpose. That last box fills in when you’re ready to come live. And the thing is, you’re really great at jazzing.”
5. “I’m not dying today. Not when my life just started.” – Joe Gardner
6. “I’m just afraid that if I died today, then my life would have amounted to nothing.” – Joe Gardner
7. “You can’t crush a soul here. That’s what life on earth is for.” – 22
8. “We’re in the business of inspiration, Joe, but it’s not often we find ourselves inspired.” – Counselor Jerry
9. “My only purpose on this planet is to play. It’s what I was meant to do, and nothing’s gonna stop me.” – Joe Gardner
10. Joe Gardner: “Hey, we never found out what 22’s purpose was.”
Counselor Jerry: “Excuse me?”
Joe Gardner: “You know, her spark. Her purpose. Was it music? Biology? Walking?”
Counselor Jerry: “We don’t assign purposes. Where did you get that idea?”
Joe Gardner: “Because I have a piano. It’s what I was born to do. That’s my spark.”
Counselor Jerry: “A spark isn’t a soul’s purpose.”
11. 22: “I’ve been messing with this team for decades.”
Announcer: “And the Knicks lose another one.”
Deep Soul Quotes to Reflect On
12. “Lord knows we need more teachers in this world.” – Libba Gardner
13. Joe Gardner: “That guy was lost in the music. He was in it, and he took the rest of us with him. And I wanted to learn how to talk like that. That’s when I knew I was born to play. Connie knows what I mean. Right, Connie?”
Connie: “I’m 12.”
14. “I heard this story about a fish. He swims up to this older fish and says, ‘I’m trying to find this thing they call the ocean.’ ‘The ocean?’ says the older fish, ‘That’s what you’re in right now.’ ‘This?’ says the young fish, ‘This is water. What I want is the ocean.’” – Dorothea Williams
15. “Is all this living really worth dying for? People like him just bring other people down so they can make themselves feel better. He’s just criticizing me to cover up the pain of his own failed dreams.” – 22
16. “The tune is just an excuse to bring out the you. That’s why I became a jazz musician.” – Joe Gardner
17. “The zone is enjoyable. But when that joy becomes an obsession, one becomes disconnected from life.” – Moonwind
18. “I am the coming together of all quantized fields of the universe appearing in a form your feeble human brain can comprehend.” – Counselor Jerry
19. “The world doesn’t revolve around you, 22!” – Nicolaus Copernicus
20. “You always got a plan. Maybe you need to have a backup plan, too, for when your plan falls through.” – Libba Gardner
21. “So, what do you want to be remembered for?” – Joe Gardner
22. “Don’t miss out on the joys of life. Like, uh, pizza.” – Joe Gardner
Funny Soul Quotes for Some Good Vibes
23. “I just use this voice, because it annoys people.” – 22
24. “The fire is so pretty. I kind of want to let it spread.” – 22
25. “I’ve only been a person for an hour, and I know that’s a bad idea.” – 22
What Does It Mean to Live?
Often, we feel the need to accomplish and prove that we’re the best at everything. Because of this, we forget to slow down and appreciate life’s little things.
In the movie, Joe Gardner didn’t want to die just yet. He thought his life was just getting started with the gig he had just acquired. But, later on, as a soul, he realizes that living does not necessarily mean being able to reach your ambitions; it goes beyond it.
Joe is lucky to be given a second chance. However, keep in mind that reality isn’t the same. We are only given one opportunity to live on this planet, and we must cherish every moment.
With that, we hope we were able to inspire you with this list of Soul quotes. May this serve as a reminder that we can’t control what happens in our lives, no matter how much we plan for every scenario. What we can do is have the enthusiasm to wake up every day and live life to the fullest!