These Jerry Maguire quotes are exactly what you need if you feel lost in life or need some motivation to get through the day.
Jerry Maguire is one of Tom Cruise’s movies that will make you appreciate him even more.
More than being a classic, his portrayal of a sports agent who loses his job but never gives up despite his failures will help you see life in a new light.
Each of us had our fair share of failures in life that made us hesitant to try again.
But how will you know if you’re capable of something if you don’t try it and let your fears get in the way of your dreams?
Life will never run out of challenges to throw at you. That’s why we’ve gathered these Jerry Maguire quotes to inspire you to persevere and try again, no matter what curveball you face.
Start reading here.
Best Jerry Maguire Quotes
1. “There is such a thing as manners, a way of treating people.” – Jerry Maguire
2. “I had so much to say, and no one to listen.” – Jerry Maguire
3. “I don’t like to give up.” – Jerry Maguire
4. “There is no real loyalty, and the first person who taught me that was you.” – Avery Bishop
5. “Society needs protection from these warped minds.” – Jerry Maguire
6. “Well—I’m not the guy who’s going to run. I stick.” – Jerry Maguire
7. “Shut up! Play the game, play it from your heart.” – Jerry Maguire
8. “The key to this business is personal relationships.” – Dicky Fox
9. “Anyone else would have left you by now, but I’m sticking with you.” – Rod Tidwell
10. “That’s the truth. Can you handle it? It’s just a question between friends, you know. Oh, and when they call you ‘shrimp,’ I’m the one who defends you!” – Jerry Maguire
11. “Hey, I don’t have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.” – Dicky Fox
12. “I am out here for you. You don’t know what it’s like to be me out here for you. It is an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about, okay? Help me—help you. Help me, help you.” – Jerry Maguire
13. “I’m telling you to be the best version of you, to get back to the guy who first started playing this game.” – Jerry Maguire
14. “I love the mornings! I clap my hands every morning and say, ‘This is gonna be a great day!’” – Dicky Fox
Famous Jerry Maguire Quotes
15. “It’s not ‘show friends.’ It’s show business.” – Bob Sugar
16. “Everybody loves you. Pisses me off.” – Ethan Valhere
17. “Jump in my nightmare, the water’s warm!” – Jerry Maguire
18. “I don’t believe this. How’d I get myself into this?” – Jerry Maguire
19. “I’m incapable of small talk.” – Laurel Boyd
20. “That’s more than a dress. That’s an Audrey Hepburn movie.” – Jerry Maguire
21. “The human head weighs eight pounds.” – Ray Boyd
22. “If this ‘points to heart’ is empty, this ‘points to head’ doesn’t matter.” – Dicky Fox
23. “There is a sensitivity thing that some people have. I don’t have it.” – Avery Bishop
24. “What you do have is my whole world, and it’s stronger than oak.” – Matt Cushman
25. “This is not a guy. It’s a syndrome. Early mid-life. Hanging on to the bottom wrong.” – Laurel Boyd
26. “That’s how you become great, man. Hang your balls out there!” – Jesus of CopyMat
27. “So this is the world, and there are almost six billion people on it. When I was a kid, there were three. It’s hard to keep up.” – Jerry Maguire
28. “No, no. You can do better than that! I want you to say it brother with meaning! Hey, I got Bob Sugar on the other line. I bet you he can say it!” – Rod Tidwell
29. “On the surface, everything seems fine. I’ve got this great guy. And he loves my kid. And he sure does like me a lot. And I can’t live like that. It’s not the way I’m built.” – Dorothy Boyd
Jerry Maguire Quotes From Jerry Himself (Tom Cruise)
30. “Think about back when you were a little kid. It wasn’t about the money, was it? Was it?” – Jerry Maguire
31. “Do you want this jacket? I don’t need it. I’m cloaked in failure!” – Jerry Maguire
32. “I had a breakdown. Breakdown? No, breakthrough.” – Jerry Maguire
33. “Don’t worry, I’m not gonna do what you all think I’m gonna do, which is, you know, flip out!” – Jerry Maguire
34. “We live in a cynical world, and we work in a business of tough competitors.” – Jerry Maguire
35. “Friends can tell each other anything if we have our ‘friends’ hats on, right?” – Jerry Maguire
36. “What started out as one page became 25. Suddenly, I was my father’s son again.” – Jerry Maguire
37. “Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren’t completely embarrassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow’s embarrassment?” – Jerry Maguire
38. “I couldn’t escape the simple thought that I hated myself—no, I hated my place in the world.” – Jerry Maguire
39. “Right now, you are a paycheck player. You play with your head, not your heart. In your personal life, heart. But when you get on the field it’s all about what you didn’t get.” – Jerry Maguire
40. “But tonight, our little project, our company, had a very big night. A very, very big night. But it wasn’t complete, wasn’t nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn’t share it with you.” – Jerry Maguire
41. “But if anybody else wants to come with me, this moment will be the ground floor of something real and fun and inspiring and true in this Godforsaken business and we will do it together!” – Jerry Maguire
42. “I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial, starring you, broadcast during the Superbowl, in a game that you are winning, and I will not sleep until that happens. I’ll give you 15 minutes to call me back.” – Jerry Maguire
Also read: Top Gun Quotes
Jerry Maguire Quotes From Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr.)
43. “Jerry Maguire, my agent. You’re my ambassador of Kwan.” – Rod Tidwell
44. “Unh! Congratulations, you’re still my agent.” – Rod Tidwell
45. “You are hanging on by a very thin thread and I dig that about you!” – Rod Tidwell
46. “I am a valuable commodity! I go across the middle! I see a dude coming at me, trying to kill me, I tell myself ‘Get killed. Catch the ball!’ Boo-ya! Touchdown!” – Rod Tidwell
47. “I got a shelf life of 10 years, tops. My next contract’s gotta bring me the dollars that’ll last me and mine a long time. Shit, I’m out of this sport in five years. What’s my family gonna live on?” – Rod Tidwell
48. “Maybe you don’t. Because it’s not just the money I deserve. It’s not just the ‘coin.’ It’s the—the kwan.” – Rod Tidwell
49. “It’s something very personal, a very important thing. Hell! It’s a family motto. Are you ready Jerry? I wanna make sure you’re ready, brother. Here it is: show me the money. Show! Me! The! Money! Jerry, it is such a pleasure to say that! Say it with me one time, Jerry.” – Rod Tidwell
Jerry Maguire Quotes From Dorothy Boyd (Renée Zellweger)
50. “I just want to be inspired.” – Dorothy Boyd
51. “In this age, optimism like that is a revolutionary act.” – Dorothy Boyd
52. “I was inspired, and I’m an accountant.” – Dorothy Boyd
53. “First class, that’s what’s wrong. It used to be a better meal, now it’s a better life.” – Dorothy Boyd
54. “How about a little piece of integrity in this world that is so full of greed and a lack of honorability that I don’t know what to tell my son!” – Dorothy Boyd
55. “Oh please. My need to make the best of things, and your need to be what, ‘responsible.’ If one of us doesn’t say something now we might lose 10 years being polite about it. Why don’t we call this next road trip what it is? A nice long break.” – Dorothy Boyd
Jerry Maguire Quotes That Will Teach You About Love and Relationships
56. “Don’t cry at the beginning of a date. Cry at the end, like I do.” – Laurel Boyd
57. “I’ve had three lovers in the past four years, and they all ran a distant second to a good book and a warm bath.” – Dorothy Boyd
58. “I love him! I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man he almost is.” – Dorothy Boyd
59. “Maybe love shouldn’t be such hard work.” – Dorothy Boyd
60. “Hello. I’m looking for my wife. Alright. If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen. I’m not letting you get rid of me. How about that?” – Jerry Maguire
61. “Single mothers don’t date, they’ve been to the circus, they’ve been to the puppet shows and they’ve seen the strings. Do you love her?” – Rod Tidwell
62. “I took advantage of you and worst of all, I’m not alone. I did this with a kid. I was just on some ride where I thought I was in love enough for both of us. I did this. And at least I can do something about it now.” – Dorothy Boyd
63. Jerry Maguire: “What do you want from me? My soul?”
Dorothy Boyd: “Why not? I deserve that much.”
64. Jerry Maguire: “I love you. You—you complete me. And I just—.”
Dorothy Boyd: “Shut up, just shut up. You had me at ‘hello.’ You had me at ‘hello.’”
65. Jerry Maguire: “This is going to change everything.”
66. Jerry Maguire: “I don’t want her to go, we hang out at her place a lot.”
Rod Tidwell: “Wait a minute, that’s bullshit. You have to be fair to her. A single mother is a scared thing. You’ve got to have the talk. She loves you. If you don’t love her, you’ve got to tell her.”
Also read: True Love Quotes
Funny Jerry Maguire Quotes to Make You Laugh
67. Jerry Maguire: “Yeah, yeah, no, no, no. Show you the money.”
Rod Tidwell: “No! Not show you! Show me the money!”
68. Laurel Boyd: “You fuck this up, I’ll kill you!”
Jerry Maguire: “I’m glad we had this talk.”
69. Rod Tidwell: “I feel for you, man. But a real man wouldn’t shoplift from a single mom.”
Jerry Maguire: “I didn’t shoplift. All right. I shoplifted.”
70. Rod Tidwell: “Yeah, man, it means love, respect, community—and the dollars too. The package. The kwan.”
Jerry Maguire: “But how did you get ‘kwan?’”
Rod Tidwell: “I got there from ‘coin,’ dude. Coin, coin—kwaaaan.”
Also read: Funny Quotes
Did These Jerry Maguire Quotes Motivate You to Persevere in the Face of Adversity?
Jerry Maguire is a 1996 romantic comedy-drama movie filled with inspirational quotes about life, family, and love. Here, he faces several difficulties that challenge him to step up and do his best to overcome them.
Life isn’t always fair; you can be at the pinnacle of your success one minute and then at the bottom the next. Jerry went through this when he lost his job and even his fiancée. Fortunately, he had Dorothy, a single mother who encouraged him to believe in his abilities and rebuild his career.
Through getting back up from his failures, Jerry was able to bring out the best in himself and those around him. He spoke from experience and encouraged his clients to never give up on their dreams and work hard to advance in their careers.
Keep in mind that some people appear to be strong and powerful, but they’ve encountered a low point in their lives as well. Share these quotes with others because you never know when they’ll need the motivation to move forward too. With that, we hope these Jerry Maguire quotes were able to inspire you to persevere and never give up on your dreams in life.
Which of these Jerry Maguire quotes inspired you the most? Did we miss any of your favorite quotes? Please, let us know in the comments section.