Equip yourself with the wisdom you need to traverse through life when you read these Spencer Reid quotes we’ve gathered!
Criminals run rampant all across the globe. To help stop them, there is an FBI unit specifically dedicated to behavioral analysis, which Criminal Minds revolves around.
Among the team members is Spencer Reid, a genius Supervisory Special Agent. He has multiple PhDs and has no problem diving deep into his target’s minds.
He might be the youngest, but his qualifications undoubtedly exceed his level. He can read up to 20,000 words per minute, has an IQ of 187, and has an eidetic or photographic memory!
Criminal Minds is known for quoting philosophers, speakers, and historical figures. Though Spencer Reid has a couple of lines like this, he also has his own morals to share!
This collection is perfect if you want to revisit his best scenes from Criminal Minds. Read on and find your favorite Spencer Reid quotes!
Best Spencer Reid Quotes
1. “Sometimes for an artist, the only difference between insanity and genius is success.” – Spencer Reid (Bruce Feirstein)
2. “Actually, it’s more like we’re looking for a needle in a pile of needles. A needle would stand out in a haystack.” – Spencer Reid
3. “Nothing violates one’s sense of security more than being attacked in their own home.” – Spencer Reid
4. “To get away with murder, you simply don’t tell anyone.” – Spencer Reid
5. “Evil can’t be scientifically defined. It’s an illusory moral concept that doesn’t exist in nature. Its origins and connotations have been inextricably linked to religion and mythology.” – Spencer Reid
6. “Logic dictates that if you believe in one, you have to reconcile the existence of the other.” – Spencer Reid
7. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.” – Spencer Reid (Hellen Keller)
8. “Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.” – Spencer Reid (Soren Kierkegaard)
9. “You should see what comes up when you type ‘death’ into a search engine.” – Spencer Reid
Inspiring Spencer Reid Quotes to Keep In Mind
10. “The most important question anyone can ask is: what myth am I living?” – Spencer Reid (Carl Jung)
11. “Yes, there are monsters, and it’s okay to be afraid of them, but it’s not okay to let them win, and it’s not okay to be one.” – Spencer Reid
12. “In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate.” – Spencer Reid (Isaac Asimov)
13. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Spencer Reid (Abraham Lincoln)
14. “The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.” – Spencer Reid (Cicero)
Funny Spencer Reid Quotes
15. “Actually, some studies indicate that men take twice as many selfies as women ’cause it’s considered to be an acceptable form of male vanity.” – Spencer Reid
16. “Contrary to popular belief, decapitation is not that easy.” – Spencer Reid
17. “The clock talked loud. I threw it away. It scared me when it talked.” – Spencer Reid (Tillie Olsen)
18. “That makes no sense. You can’t catch a falling star. It would burn up in the atmosphere.” – Spencer Reid
19. “Actually, there aren’t that many scientific errors in Star Trek, especially considering how long ago it was made. There are certain improbabilities, but not that many outright errors.” – Spencer Reid
Spencer Reid Quotes on the Power of the Mind
20. “I don’t believe that intelligence can be accurately quantified, but I do have an IQ of 187, an eidetic memory, and can read 20,000 words per minute. Yes, I’m a genius.” – Spencer Reid
21. “Well, the brain is a machine designed to respond to stimuli. You keep the brain awake but the body immobile, it breaks down, loses its hair. After two months, it eventually strokes out.” – Spencer Reid
22. “Hotch, repetitive thinking is a death mill for the brain. For complete brain usage, diverse stimulation is the key.” – Spencer Reid
23. “The number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. It’s actually safer to kiss.” – Spencer Reid
Short Spencer Reid Quotes for Instagram
24. “I never have any normal fans.” – Spencer Reid
25. “I just keep getting PhDs.” – Spencer Reid
26. “This is calm, and it’s ‘Dr.'” – Spencer Reid
27. “I know what it’s like to be afraid of your own mind.” – Spencer Reid
Spencer Reid Quotes That’ll Take You Back to Criminal Minds
28. “You’d be surprised how many killers do what they do because of their parents.” – Spencer Reid
29. Derek Morgan: “What makes you feel confident?”
Spencer Reid: “Statistics.”
30. “You know, oftentimes, when a stalker’s advances are completely ignored, their erotomanic fantasies will be diverted to a more receptive target.” – Spencer Reid
31. “Lila, believe me when I say this, I’ve never known a normal day in my entire life.” – Spencer Reid
32. “You know, he might have Capgras syndrome. It’s a delusional disorder in which one believes that their friends and loved ones have been replaced by imposters.” – Spencer Reid
Sad Spencer Reid Quotes That’ll Speak to Your Soul
33. “No matter how fast light travels, darkness is always faster and is waiting for it.” – Spencer Reid (Terry Pratchett)
34. “It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone.” – Spencer Reid (Rose Kennedy)
35. “Depression is a vicious cycle. It frequently manifests itself in the degradation of one’s personal living environment, which in turn, fuels the depression, which then worsens the living environment.” – Spencer Reid
36. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward. You can only connect them by looking backward. So you have to trust that they will somehow connect in your future.” – Spencer Reid (Steve Jobs)
More Spencer Reid Quotes to Give You Random Trivia
37. “Medieval medical practitioners believed that chickens could absorb illness. They would rub the birds all over the bodies of the diseased in an attempt to rid them of their sickness.” – Spencer Reid
38. “The Greeks translated ‘puppets’ as ‘neurospasta,’ which literally means string-pulling. And throughout time, they’ve been used as a method to tell kings a story, so the subjects didn’t have to speak directly to him.” – Spencer Reid
39. “Lobotomies are considered to be the surgery of the soul. Doctors like Walter Freeman claimed they could cure a number of mental illnesses. He believed the procedure could relieve suffering.” – Spencer Reid
40. “The praying mantis can kill and eat a multitude of creatures, but the most interesting fact is that oftentimes the female mantis engages in sexual cannibalism, meaning she’ll bite off the head of her mate once copulation is complete, sometimes even during intercourse, actually.” – Spencer Reid
Is Spencer Reid Your Go-to Criminal Minds Character When You Need Advice?
Like many people with an insane amount of genius in them, Spencer Reid may appear socially awkward. He has OCD, he’s a germaphobe, and he’s even showing some signs of autism here and there.
Although that’s the case, he doesn’t allow these things to stop him from contributing to the team. He might have flaws, but Spencer Reid doesn’t consider them to be hindrances to solving a case.
Instead, he embraces all of himself—the good and the bad—and uses all his quirks to his leverage. It’s through his nature and genius that Spencer Reid can figure out how their target thinks.
Moreover, Spencer Reid believes in the power of the mind, logic, and reasoning. For him, everything that happens has a reason behind it.
Spencer Reid also helps us understand that life is not all about the good. There will be monsters under the bed, and sometimes, that monster will be you; you have to recognize that fact and try to face it head-on to defeat it!
He is undoubtedly one of the more complex characters in Criminal Minds as Spencer Reid seems simple on the outside, but there’s so much more going on in his mind. We hope we were able to help you gain a better grasp of his character through this collection!