Gain lessons from your favorite American crime thriller through these Raymond Reddington quotes!
Raymond Reddington is the main protagonist and anti-hero of the series, The Blacklist. In this TV series, Reddington is both a criminal and a guide to the FBI.
His name is on the FBI’s Most Wanted Fugitives list, but he voluntarily surrenders and gives them what he calls the Blacklist. This is where he listed down the names of the most dangerous criminals in the world; Reddington mentioned that he’s willing to provide them with the information as long as he gets immunity from prosecution.
Each episode on The Blacklist features one of the criminals on Raymond Reddington’s list. We also see glimpses of his intelligence and sociopathic tendencies throughout the series.
Moreover, we see how lessons on loyalty, trust, fear, and more apply to real life through him and his experiences. To better understand how these things are relevant to you, check out the collection below, as it’s packed with Raymond Reddington quotes from The Blacklist!
And make sure to read these Criminal Minds quotes.
Best Raymond Reddington Quotes
1. “I always found fear to be my most valuable sense.”
2. “God can’t protect you, but I can.”
3. “You see that, Geoff? That is what a good man does. That is what separates men like him from men like you and me.”
4. “There is nothing that can take the pain away, but eventually, you will find a way to live with it.”
5. “I had bullets. He had words. But when he was done talking for the first time, I truly understood which of those was more powerful.”
6. “Revenge isn’t a passion. It’s a disease that eats at your mind and poisons your soul.”
Inspirational Raymond Reddington Quotes on Love, Loyalty, and Life
7. “Value loyalty above all else.”
8. “When you love someone, you have no control. That’s what love is. Being powerless.”
9. “Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.”
10. “In this world, there are no sides. Only players.”
Deep Raymond Reddington Quotes
11. “You can’t judge a book by its cover. But you can by its first few chapters, and certainly, by its last.”
12. “You have to make your choices; you have to be happy with them.”
13. “As you well know, one of the keys to my success is a clear and consistent understanding of my own limitations.”
14. “Every cause has more than one effect.”
15. “You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear.”
Raymond Reddington Quotes on Death, Truth, and Fear
16. “Once you cross over, there are things in the darkness that can keep your heart from feeling the light again.”
17. “There will be nightmares. And every day, when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it will be the second thing.”
18. “Sins should be buried like the dead. Not that they may be forgotten, but we may remember them and find our way forward nonetheless.”
19. “The only thing that is real is the present, and you’ve plundered it, robbed it of the very geniuses that might have averted the dystopia you so fear.”
Raymond Reddington Quotes From The Blacklist
20. “As bad as you think I am, as far as you think I’m willing to go to protect that which I hold dear.”
21. “Time is the only thing that will allow you to find yourself again.”
22. “As a rule, I consider jealousy to be the base of emotion, but in this case, it’s quite endearing.”
Funny Raymond Reddington Quotes Packed With Sarcasm
23. Elizabeth Keen: “And I’m supposed to believe you?”
Raymond Reddington: “Of course not! I’m a criminal. Criminals are notorious liars. Everything about me is a lie. But, if anyone will give me a second chance, it’s you. The two of us have overcome so much.”
24. “I’m not a gumball machine, Lizzy. You don’t get to just twist the handle whenever you want a treat.”
25. Elizabeth Keen: “A man’s life is at stake!”
Raymond Reddington: “A man’s life is always at stake—and tragically low stakes at that. I should remind you that I did not offer you my services to help you round up your run-of-the-mill drug lord or what have you. You all seem to be doing a perfectly mediocre job of that on your own. I’m after the big game Lizzie. The ones that matter.”
How Did Raymond Reddington’s Teachings Change Your Life?
Raymond Reddington might be a criminal in The Blacklist, but his character still symbolizes a lot of things we ought to learn about life. He teaches us the value of loyalty in life and friendship, trusting yourself and your colleagues, and more.
In fact, many of his lines in the series are so deep and profound that you’ll learn a lesson or two from most of them. Even his witty quotes packed with sarcasm still speak volumes about the morals he lives by.
Many get the wrong idea about Raymond Reddington at the beginning of the series. For some, he just seems like your typical ruthless and sociopathic criminal.
But, as the show progresses and as we’ve understood from his best quotes above, Reddington is much more than an outlaw. He is highly intelligent, knows how to read people, has foresight, and is loyal to his friends.
Raymond Reddington’s wisdom on life and love is something we can’t find in any other series. Perhaps this is one of the key points that endeared The Blacklist to fans.
With that, make sure you keep an open mind whenever you watch any episode of The Blacklist. Remember that Raymond Reddington has a lot more to him than just his criminal ways!