We’ve got the best Criminal Minds quotes that will forever stick with you!
Criminal Minds is a crime TV series that follows the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit. If you think it’ll be like every other crime show, think again.
It’s so much more than that because it delves into the human psyche, our behavior, and what pushes us to act a certain way. It picks at our brains and makes us reflect on our actions and decisions.
More than that, Criminal Minds quotes many inspirational people. It allows us to reflect on the words of historians, philosophers, and motivational speakers.
It also incorporates the characters’ thoughts and personalities, making the show even more relatable. Since the show dives deep into our psyches, having something concrete and relatable for viewers is essential.
Criminal Minds has found the perfect balance between the tangible and the intangible, which can be seen through the characters’ lines. Read on to find the best quotes from all seasons!
Best Criminal Minds Quotes
1. “Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Jason Gideon (Samuel Beckett)
2. “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Jason Gideon (Mason Albert Pike)
3. “History has a way of altering villains so that we can no longer see ourselves in them.” – Emily Prentiss (Adam Serwer)
4. “Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.” – Aaron Hotchner (G.K. Chesterton)
5. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.” – Spencer Reid (Helen Keller)
6. “How many more times will they be able to look into the abyss? How many more times before they won’t ever recover the pieces of themselves that this job takes?” – Aaron Hotchner
7. “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” – Aaron Hotchner (Chuck Palahniuk)
8. “It’s alchemy. Alchemy turns common metals into precious ones. Dreams work the same way. Turning something awful into something better.” – David Rossi
9. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls—the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Aaron Hotchner (Khalil Gibran)
Thought-Provoking Quotes From Criminal Minds
10. “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Penelope Garcia (Mitch Albom)
11. “Look, of all the serial killer types, the ones I find most dangerous are the hyper-intelligent ones that get off more on the mind games than the killing. They’re like vampires, ready to suck your soul dry and file your information away for a rainy day.” – Tara Lewis
12. “I remained too much inside my head, and ended up losing my mind.” – David Rossi (Edgar Allan Poe)
13. “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” – Jason Gideon (Joseph Conrad)
14. “It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone.” – Spencer Reid (Rose Kennedy)
15. “Cruelty, like every other vice, requires no motive outside of itself. It only requires opportunity.” – Emily Prentiss (George Eliot)
Criminal Minds Quotes About Life
16. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Spencer Reid (Abraham Lincoln)
17. “Life is about choices. Some we regret. Some we’re proud of. We are what we choose to be.” – Kate Callahan (Graham Brown)
18. “The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you will see.” – Jason Gideon (Winston Churchill)
19. “Life is a hell of a thing to happen to someone.” – David Rossi
20. “One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others.” – Aaron Hotchner (Lewis Carroll)
21. “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” – Spencer Reid (Søren Kierkegaard)
22. “I’ve always heard every ending is also a beginning. We just don’t know it at the time. I’d like to believe that’s true.” – Emily Prentiss
23. “Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.” – David Rossi (John F. Kennedy)
24. “We live in a fantasy world—a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.” – Emily Prentiss (Iris Murdoch)
Criminal Minds Quotes on Love
25. “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” – Derek Morgan (George Chakiris)
26. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love.” – Emily Prentiss (Washington Irving)
27. “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.” – David Rossi (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
28. “Where we love is home—a home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Aaron Hotchner (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
29. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone. We find it with another.” – Spencer Reid (Thomas Merton)
Short Criminal Minds Quotes
30. “I need to know that I can be human.” – Emily Prentiss
31. “Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.” – Aaron Hotchner
32. “There is no terror in the bang of the gun; only the anticipation of it.” – Derek Morgan (Alfred Hitchcock)
33. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.” – Jason Gideon (Helen Keller)
Funny Criminal Minds Quotes to Add Color to Your Day
34. “The clock talked loud. I threw it away. It scared me when it talked.” – Spencer Reid (Tillie Olsen)
35. “My least favorite words strung together: ‘I don’t know.’” – Penelope Garcia
36. “When Garcia can’t find a breadcrumb, it’s usually because the bread was never baked.” – Jennifer Jareau
Criminal Minds Quotes for Those Who Enjoyed All Seasons
37. “You’d be surprised how many killers do what they do because of their parents.” – Spencer Reid
38. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Aaron Hotchner (Eleanor Roosevelt)
39. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward. You can only connect them by looking backward. So you have to trust that they will somehow connect in your future.” – Spencer Reid (Steve Jobs)
40. “Evil can’t be scientifically defined. It’s an illusory moral concept that doesn’t exist in nature. Its origins and connotations have been inextricably linked to religion and mythology.” – Spencer Reid
Which Quotes Are Saved in Your Memory?
Throughout all seasons of Criminal Minds, we’ve learned more about the different characters and criminal terminologies. However, aside from this, we believe that Criminal Minds is a show that allows us to reflect on life, love, and humanity.
By quoting significant figures like Abraham Lincoln, Søren Kierkegaard, and more, our favorite characters from Criminal Minds open our eyes to the uncertainties of life. We might think it’s about living long, gaining riches, and never facing troubles.
But, life is never in our control. Troubles, challenges, and death are inevitable, so we must live each second to the fullest!
Criminal Minds also gets deep into the psyche of humanity and explores the emotion we call love. As many say, love makes the world go round; though it can lead you to the happiest days of your life, it turns into obsession when there’s too much of it.
Obsession then leads to the destruction of our moral compass. We might think what we’re doing is only for love’s sake, but we don’t realize we’re already committing a wrong that can’t be undone.
We hope we were able to shift your views on the world through this list of the best Criminal Minds quotes. Watch every episode from all its seasons for more insights into life, love, and humanity!