If you’re an avid fan of the franchise and enjoy thinking about ethical and moral questions, then these Star Wars quotes are for you.
Star Wars is a movie series composed of a trilogy of trilogies about the Skywalkers and their fight against the Sith Lord. The plot follows Luke Skywalker’s journey to resist the dark side’s temptation, be a Jedi, and battle the evil Darth Vader.
Even decades after the initial release of its first movie, the series continues to impact its fans and pop culture significantly.
Through the development of its franchise, different media such as novels, comics, and video games emerged. These things further strengthened the presence Star Wars has in the world.
The series is packed with life-changing lessons that keep fans and new viewers coming back for more.
With that, we’re sure these Star Wars quotes will indeed teach you a thing or two about yourself and your life. Read our complete collection below to find out more.
Let’s get started.
Best Star Wars Quotes
1. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda
2. “Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our viewpoint.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
4. “Courage wasn’t a matter of taking the whole mountain in a single massive leap. Courage was taking it one step at a time, doing what was necessary now, preparing for the next step, and refusing to worry about whether some step in the future would be the one that would break him.” – Kell Tainer
5. “Always listen to doubt. Even in times of great haste, take time to listen. Then trust it.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
6. “Always more questions than answers, there are.” – Yoda
7. “That’s how we’re gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love.” – Rose Tico
8. “Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi’s life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love.” – Anakin Skywalker
9. “To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people.” – Riyo Chuchi
10. “Anger always makes you feel good at the time. Makes you feel bigger than yourself, and makes you feel that everything you do is justified. But it’s a trap.” – Corran Horn
11. “If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Famous Star Wars Quotes
12. “You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.” – Darth Vader
13. “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
14. “Awareness of fear can protect you if it does not overtake you.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
15. “We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life.” – C-3PO
16. “Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
17. “So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.” – Padmé Amidala
18. Luke Skywalker: “No. You’re coming with me. I’ll not leave you here. I’ve got to save you.”
Darth Vader: “You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister you were right.”
19. “I’ve been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master.” – Darth Vader
20. “Sometimes, we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us.” – Anakin Skywalker
21. “Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
22. “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, director.” – Darth Vader
23. “Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin. They’ll betray you.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
24. “In my experience, there’s no such thing as luck.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Iconic Star Wars Quotes
25. “If you only knew the power of the dark side.” – Darth Vader
26. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Darth Vader
27. “You have failed me for the last time.” – Darth Vader
28. “You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
29. “Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi. Your destiny.” – Luke Skywalker
30. “All of life involves risks that may come to nothing.” – Yeeru Chivkyrie
Wise Star Wars Quotes to Live By
31. “Always pass on what you have learned.” – Yoda
32. “Now, be brave, and don’t look back.” – Shmi Skywalker
33. “You must unlearn what you have learned.” – Yoda
34. “Your path, you must decide.” – Yoda
35. “Don’t give in to hate. That leads to the dark side.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
36. “Stand together, die together. Let your death be the final word in the story of rebellion.” – Sheev Palpatine
Star Wars Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Hope
37. “As long as there’s light, we’ve got a chance.” – Poe Dameron
38. “Rebellions are built on hope.” – Jyn Erso
39. “We had each other. That’s how we won.” – Lando Calrissian
40. “In a dark place, we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” – Yoda
41. “Every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in, a cause that was worth it. Without that, we’re lost.” – Cassian Andor
Short Star Wars Quotes to Learn From
42. “Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.” – Yoda
43. “The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.” – Yoda
44. “In my book, experience outranks everything.” – Captain Rex
45. “Dreams pass in time.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
46. “Wars do not make one great.” – Yoda
47. “Who’s the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
48. “I like firsts. Good or bad, they’re always memorable.” – Ahsoka Tano
Star Wars Quotes About the Force
49. “Remember, the Force will be with you always.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
50. “The Force is strong with this one.” – Darth Vader
51. “I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.” – Chirrut Îmwe
52. “The Force is not a power you have. It’s not about lifting rocks. It’s the energy between all things, a tension, a balance, that binds the universe together.” – FN-2187
Star Wars Quotes That Will Never Leave Our Hearts
53. “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.” – Yoda
54. “Mom, you said that the biggest problem in this universe is that nobody helps each other.” – Anakin Skywalker
55. “We’ll always be with you. No one’s ever really gone. A thousand generations live in you now.” – Luke Skywalker
56. “You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” – Shmi Skywalker
57. “You’re asking me to be rational. That is something that I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish I could just wish away my feelings, but I can’t.” – Anakin Skywalker
58. “Strike me down in anger, and I’ll always be with you. Just like your father.” – Luke Skywalker
59. “I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don’t use them.” – Count Dooku
60. “To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is of losing who we are.” – Yoda
Star Wars Quotes About Love
61. “I’m not afraid to die. I’ve been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.” – Padmé Amidala
62. “You know, no matter how much we fought, I’ve always hated watching you leave.” – Leia Organa
63. Leia Organa: “I love you.”
Han Solo: “I know.”
Funny Star Wars Quotes
64. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?” – Yoda
65. “I’m standing by as you requested, although there’s a problem on the horizon. There’s no horizon.” – K-2SO
66. “He’s quite clever, you know, for a human being.” – C-3PO
Also read: C-3PO Quotes
Meaningful Star Wars Quotes for Die-Hard Fans
67. “A wise leader always tries to give orders that are likely to be followed.” – Soontir Fel
68. “To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle or the night.” – Yoda
69. “I was raised to do one thing, but I’ve got nothing to fight for.” – FN-2187
70. “You can kill me, but you will never destroy me. It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Did These Star Wars Quotes Make You Think About the Fight Between the Good and the Bad?
Choices make up who we are as a person. They reflect our identity and how we navigate and see the world around us. If we constantly make decisions that come from bad intentions, then we should reassess if we really want to be this kind of person.
In Star Wars, Luke struggles between his good and bad sides, just like Anakin. However, unlike Darth Vader, Luke stayed strong and used love as his weapon in battling evil. He proved that one has the power to choose whether or not to take the good or evil path in life.
Hopefully, these Star Wars quotes were able to help you think and reflect on your choices. Keep in mind that it is acceptable to make mistakes and have failures. After all, what matters most are our intentions and the choices we make.
Which Star Wars quote is your favorite? What is your biggest takeaway from the series? Comment your thoughts below.