If you want to make this year’s vacation a time that you will never forget, then make sure you read our compilation of summer quotes!
Everyone loves the summer season. After all, it is a time to relax and focus on our hobbies that we weren’t able to enjoy before.
Even if it is the warmest season, summer is still a limitless period that anyone can enjoy in different ways. Some will go to the beach, hike, or enjoy sports activities.
There are also homebodies who enjoy staying at home to read, trying to cook different dishes, or taking a nap.
No matter how you spend your summer, it is undoubtedly a moment that will leave lasting memories in our minds.
So, if you are a fan of the warmest season of the year, then make sure you don’t miss out on reading our list of summer quotes.
Continue reading below.
Best Summer Quotes
1. “A little bit of summer’s what the whole year is all about.” – John Mayer
2. “Summer has filled her veins with light, and her heart is washed with noon.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
3. “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” – Kellie Elmore
4. “Summer’s the same. We’re the ones who are changing.” – Jenny Han
5. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
6. “Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January.” – Hal Borland
7. “Summer has a flavor like no other. Always fresh and simmered in the sunshine.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “I love summertime more than anything else in the world. That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, knowing that summer is going to be there.” – Jack McBrayer
9. “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” – Brian Wilson
Summer Quotes That Reveal the Beauty of the Warmest Season
10. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
11. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
12. “Summer: hair gets lighter, skin gets darker, water gets warmer, drinks get colder, music gets louder, nights get longer, life gets better.” – Anonymous
13. “Friends, sun, sand, and sea, that sounds like a summer to me.” – Anonymous
14. “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
15. “Ah, summer, that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends.” – Darrell Hammond
16. “Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots or trying to sleep in the tree house. Summer was everything good to eat. It was a thousand colors in a parched landscape.” – Harper Lee
17. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
18. “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves.” – Debasish Mridha
19. “All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer—one of those summers which come seldom into any life but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going, one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends, and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” – L. M. Montgomery
20. “Summers had a logic all their own, and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That’s why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Short Summer Quotes
21. “Summer passes, and one remembers one’s exuberance.” – Yoko Ono
22. “Summer breeze makes me feel fine.” – Seals & Crofts
23. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
24. “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
25. “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russell Baker
26. “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.” – George R. R. Martin
27. “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” – William Shakespeare
28. “We know summer is the height of being alive.” – Gary Shteyngart
29. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
Summer Quotes That’ll Make You Imagine Relaxing and Happy Days
30. “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy, to do nothing and have it count for something, to lie in the grass and count the stars, to sit on a branch and study the clouds.” – Regina Brett
31. “It’s like a beach blanket and a bottle of wine. It feels something like summertime.” – Bon Jovi
32. “Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” – Deb Caletti
33. “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” – Sarah Dessen
34. “I know that if odor were visible, as color is, I’d see the summer garden in rainbow clouds.” – Robert Bridges
35. “What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.” – Gertrude Jekyll
36. “It was a splendid summer morning, and it seemed as if nothing could go wrong.” – John Cheever
Also read: Winter Quotes
Summer Quotes That Will Recharge You on Your Vacation
37. “Summer is the time when one sheds one’s tensions with one’s clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all’s right with the world.” – Ada Louise Huxtable
38. “In the summertime, when the weather is hot, you can reach right up and touch the sky.” – Mungo Jerry
39. “If it could only be like this always—always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe.” – Evelyn Waugh
40. “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
Summer Quotes for the Poets and Writers
41. “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” – Henry David Thoreau
42. “Summer afternoon, summer afternoon. To me, those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
43. “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” – William Shakespeare
44. “To see the summer sky is poetry, though never in a book it lies. True poems flee.” – Emily Dickinson
45. “Oh, the summer night has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.” – Bryan Procter
46. “I felt like summer had taken me over.” – Junot Díaz
47. “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
48. “When summer gathers up her robes of glory, and, like a dream of beauty, glides away.” – Sarah Helen Whitman
49. “Summer has always been good to me, even the bittersweet end, with the slanted yellow light.” – Paul Monette
50. “It is easy to forget now how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
Funny Summer Quotes
51. “Summer vacation: where you drink triple, see double, and act single.” – Anonymous
52. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawnmower is broken.” – Jim Dent
53. “It’s a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do.” – Walter Winchell
More Summer Quotes for Your Instagram
54. “Just the smell of summer can make me fall in love.” – Anonymous
55. “A summer I’ll always remember with people I’ll never forget.” – Anonymous
56. “Summertime, and I am feeling fine.” – Anonymous
57. “Never stop chasing your summer.” – Anonymous
58. “Summer is here, and I am vibing.” – Anonymous
59. “I’m dreaming of a hot summer.” – Anonymous
60. “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” – Susan Branch
Did These Summer Quotes Make You Excited for Your Next Adventure?
Summer, like all seasons, only comes once a year. It also has advantages and disadvantages depending on people’s hobbies and favorites. On the surface, summer does not look special and is similar to other seasons.
However, it is undeniable that summer holds a charm everyone loves—it brings nostalgia. After all, our unforgettable childhood memories took place under the summer heat. We experienced meeting other kids who took a vacation in our hometown, went to beaches, and ate different tropical fruits.
All of these things make summer a season that everyone has a fond memory of. It is a fantastic period that not only makes us look forward to new things to do but also brings us back to warm and happy memories of the past.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to encourage you to make the most out of your summer this year. So, let this season be a moment to cherish forever!