There’s nothing more perfect on a snowy day than staying indoors, drinking a cup of hot chocolate, and reading our collection of winter quotes.
Winter is the coldest but merriest season of the year. The nights may be longer, and everything is covered in snow. But, we can never deny that it has been one of our favorite seasons since we were kids.
Our days will be spent curling up beside the warm fireplace, eating good food, and spending time with our closest friends and families.
No matter how cold it is outside, it can never freeze our hearts that are warm with memories and love.
But, if you still need some extra comfort for the cold, snowy days, then make sure you check out our list of quotes.
Read our complete collection below that will serve as your additional blanket and a warm cup of drink in the winter season.
Let’s get started.
Best Winter Quotes
1. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and for a talk beside the fire: it is time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
2. “Winter is the time of sacred balance and rejuvenation of life in preparation for the coming spring. It represents abundance, teaching, and gratitude.” – Noelle Vignola
3. “Winter is a time to slow. To grab hold of that wheel that spins your days too quickly and give it a firm tug. To let your thoughts catch up with your body. To pin down that idea that’s been circling your mind for months. To remember that life isn’t an emergency.” – Kelsi Turner Tjernagel
4. “Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.” – John Boswell
5. “The winter is a slow time, but it’s not lifeless. As you huddle against the cold on a February day, you may be ready for spring to come. But all around you, there are other forms of life that are ready too.” – Beth Botts
6. “Winter is not a season. It’s a celebration.” – Anamika Mishra
7. “Winter passes, and one remembers one’s perseverance.” – Yoko Ono
8. “Winter is a glorious spectacle of glittering fractals complete with a soundscape and atmosphere entirely its own.” – Anders Swanson
Cute Winter Quotes
9. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.” – Alex Guarnaschelli
10. “The color of springtime is flowers. The color of winter is in our imagination.” – Terri Guillemets
11. “In the winter, she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.” – Ben Aaronovitch
12. “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” – Pietro Aretino
13. “Winter is nature’s way of saying, ‘Up yours.'” – Robert Byrne
14. “If winter helps you curl up and more, that makes it one of the best of the seasons.” – Murray Pura
15. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread, and spruce.” – Taylor Swift
16. “It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.” – John Burroughs
17. “Ice is most welcome in a cold drink on a hot day. But in the heart of winter, you want a warm hot mug with your favorite soothing brew to keep the chill away. When you don’t have anything warm at hand, even a memory can be a small substitute.” – Vera Nazarian
Short Winter Quotes
18. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
19. “Winter is coming.” – George R. R. Martin
20. “Winter is not a season, it’s an occupation.” – Sinclair Lewis
21. “In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.” – William Blake
22. “Summer is for surrendering. Winter is for wondering.” – Debasish Mridha
23. “You can’t get too much winter in the winter.” – Robert Frost
24. “Winter is nature’s sleep.” – H. S. Jacobs
25. “Melancholy were the sounds on a winter’s night.” – Virginia Woolf
26. “They who sing through the summer must dance in the winter.” – Italian Proverb
27. “Winter collapsed on us that year. It knelt, exhausted, and stayed.” – Emily Fridlund
Winter Quotes That Will Make You Cherish the Season More
28. “Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless.” – Terri Guillemets
29. “Surely everyone is aware of the divine pleasures which attend a wintry fireside—candles at four o’clock, warm hearth rugs, tea, a fair tea-maker, shutters closed, curtains flowing in ample draperies to the floor, whilst the wind and rain are raging audibly without.” – Thomas De Quincey
30. “While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best.” – Tim Allen
31. “How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose if there were no winter in our year!” – Thomas Wentworth Higginson
32. “Surrendering to the fact of winter is a relief; I am grateful for these lingering days of cold. They offer me a few more weeks of quiet and slow before spring emerges, the wheel picks up speed again, and the sound of its exciting spinning fills my days.” – Kelsi Turner
33. “I know the look of an apple that is roasting and sizzling on the hearth on a winter’s evening, and I know the comfort that comes of eating it hot, along with some sugar and a drench of cream. I know how the nuts taken in conjunction with winter apples, cider, and doughnuts, make old people’s tales and old jokes sound fresh and crisp and enchanting.” – Mark Twain
34. “That’s what winter is, an exercise in remembering how to still yourself then how to come pliantly back to life again.” – Ali Smith
35. “He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.” – John Burroughs
Winter Quotes for Everyone Who Feels Cold
36. “To keep a warm heart in winter is the real victory.” – Marty Rubin
37. “Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.” – Deborah Kerr
38. “The heart can get really cold if all you’ve known is winter.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
39. “One kind word can warm three winter months.” – Japanese Proverb
Poetic Winter Quotes That Will Make You Emotional
40. “Winter’s notion of poetry is tragedy. It knows nothing of comedy. Its laughter was frozen on its lips long ago.” – William Alfred Quayle
41. “Winter then in its early and clear stages, was a purifying engine that ran unhindered over city and country, alerting the stars to sparkle violently and shower their silver light into the arms of bare preaching trees. It was a mad and beautiful thing that scoured raw the souls of animals and man.” – Mark Helprin
42. “It’s so hard to think in winter. The world seems confined in the space of your heart. You can’t see beyond yourself.” – Patricia A. McKillip
43. “Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins.” – Gustave Flaubert
Winter Quotes for Your Instagram
44. “In winter, we behold the charms of solemn majesty and naked grandeur.” – James Ellis
45. “Every winter has its spring.” – Charles H. Tuttle
46. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” – Markus Zusak
47. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind, a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.” – John Geddes
Winter Quotes That Are All About Snow
48. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.” – Andy Goldsworthy
49. “Snow isn’t just pretty. It also cleanses our world and our senses, not just of the soot and grime of a mining town, but also of a kind of weary familiarity, a taken-for-granted quality to which our eyes are all too susceptible.” – John Burnside
50. “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” – Carol Rifka Brunt
51. “Thank goodness for the first snow. It was a reminder no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” – Candace Bushnell
52. “When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.” – Anonymous
Melancholic Winter Quotes That You Will Love
53. “Winter changes into stone the water of heaven and the heart of man.” – Victor Hugo
54. “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” – Patricia Briggs
55. “It seems like everything sleeps in winter, but it’s really a time of renewal and reflection.” – Elizabeth Camden
Winter Quotes to Learn About the Differences of the Seasons
56. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet
57. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
58. “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” – Henry Rollins
59. “Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths.” – George R. R. Martin
60. “In spring, we are on Earth. In summer, we are on Earth. In autumn, we are on Earth. But in winter, we are on another planet. Winter is another planet!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
How Do You Usually Spend Your Winter Days?
Winter is a merry season, but sometimes, it can be easy to associate it with sad emotions. This is because our time alone or with our loved ones forces us to think about the nostalgic memories of the past. Moreover, with the colder temperature and longer nights, time may feel like it has slowed down, and everything is void of life.
But, the winter season is a chance for us to be grateful for everything that happened to us. The year is coming to an end, and reflecting on our experiences and who we have become is necessary. Through this, we can embrace the future full of warmth, love, and growth that will make us better people.
The coldest season does not only stop with playing in the snow and drinking hot cups of chocolate. It is a time to rest and learn more about ourselves and the world.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to inspire you to do something meaningful for winter. Reflect on our list and cheer up this coming cold season!