Here are the most inspiring Sunday quotes that will help you get through a stressful week ahead!
Weekends are the two days we look forward to the most. Sadly, two days don’t seem like enough time to rest, relax, and recharge.
This is especially so on Sundays. It’s a slow day that seems to move incredibly fast.
Because of this, many feel like Sundays are too short, and they’re thrown into the work week out of nowhere! However, you just need to know how to spend your Sundays correctly.
Don’t waste a second of your Sundays, and make sure you set yourself up for a successful week ahead! You can relax and rest, but you also have to make sure you save up all the energy you need for a busy but fulfilling week ahead of you.
Read on and find the best Sunday quotes below. We’re positive you’ll find more than a few that can serve as your Sunday motto!
1. “Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.” – Anonymous
2. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
3. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. “Sunday is a day of reflection; to think about, meditate on, and evaluate your behaviors, thoughts, attitudes, motivations, and desires.” – Anonymous
5. “Today is Sunday, so please conduct yourself accordingly. Sleep in, sip tea, lay around in your pajamas, listen to good music, and indulge yourself in an afternoon nap.” – Anonymous
6. “Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” – John Lasseter
7. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion. In the evening, they reach the ground, and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” – Alain Bremond-Torrent
8. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.” – Byron Pulsifer
9. “Sunday is a leisure day; when you can forget the responsibilities of your workplace and spend quality time along with family, friends, and relatives.” – Srinivas Mishra
10. “On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family and your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.” – Anonymous
11. “Have the courage to start a new path this Sunday, and a miracle will happen.” – Anonymous
Inspirational Sunday Quotes
12. “Be your own boss to have freedom of Sunday every day.” – Anonymous
13. “On Sundays, the world is as bright and empty as a balloon.” – Joseph Roth
14. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” – Albert Schweitzer
15. “Sunday is an excellent chance to start living your life to the fullest, do what you want, and forget about consequences.” – Anonymous
16. “Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good—bad, bitter—sweet, dark—light, summer—winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
17. “Sunday was always the best of days for being the self you had intended to be, but were not, for one reason or another.” – Jesse Ball
18. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.” – Anonymous
19. “Sundays are a good day to look at the limitless possibilities of the week ahead.” – Bob Saget
20. “The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday.” – Byron Pulsifer
Happy Sunday Quotes
21. “Happy Sunday. Spread love. Show kindness. Live life in the present.” – Zen Proverb
22. “Happy Sunday! If you are happy today, share this joy with the Lord. If you are sad, find strength in God, and remember that He is always in your heart.” – Anonymous
23. “Cheers to Sunday. Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee or two, watch an old movie, relax, and enjoy the day.” – Anonymous
24. “Hello, Sunday! Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” – Anonymous
25. “It’s a beautiful Sunday! There are so many reasons to be happy and not to give up; look around and cheer up.” – Anonymous
26. “Meet this happy Sunday! Remember: whatever you do and wherever you go, take always a smile and a good mood with you.” – Anonymous
27. “Happy and blessed Sunday. May you enjoy the blessings and favor of God today. Enjoy the beauty that this day brings.” – Anonymous
28. “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive. Happy Sunday.” – Anonymous
29. “Hello, Sunday. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.” – Anonymous
30. “Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.” – Anonymous
Sunday Morning Quotes
31. “Friends, sun, sand, and sea. That sounds like a Sunday morning to me.” – Anonymous
32. “This Sunday morning is here for you with a promise of a brand-new beginning in life. Embrace it and be grateful for this beautiful life!” – Anonymous
33. “It’s a lazy Sunday morning, where the dreams are floating, and sleep is sinking.” – Dr. Sreeremya
34. “It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us how blessed we are.” – Anonymous
35. “See life through the lens of a Sunday morning, and everything will be easy.” – Anonymous
36. “Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.” – Anonymous
37. “On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.” – Edward Conlon
38. “Let this Sunday morning bring you lots of smiles, and you’ll leave all troubles behind you.” – Anonymous
Blessed Sunday Quotes
39. “Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” – Sera Train
40. “It’s a new day. I’m alive. I’m blessed. God is good. God is great. Have a blessed Sunday!” – Anonymous
41. “Feeling blessed, never stressed. Got that sunshine on my Sunday best.” – Surfaces
42. “May your Sunday be filled with sunshine and blessings!” – Anonymous
43. “Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with Him.” – Pope Francis
44. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest—now that’s something to be thankful for!” – Aaron P. Taylor
45. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” – Bishop Gerald Causse
46. “May your Sunday be blessed with love, joy, peace, and happiness.” – Anonymous
47. “Sunday on the beach, having seashells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful to the blessings.” – Anonymous
48. “Sometimes, I have loved the peacefulness of an ordinary Sunday. It is like standing in a newly planted garden after a warm rain. You can feel the silent and invisible life.” – Marilynne Robinson
Motivational Sunday Quotes
49. “Take your life into your own hands and make this Sunday awesome!” – Anonymous
50. “On this wonderful Sunday, don’t forget to be thankful for the little things in life.” – Anonymous
51. “Sunday is your best day. You know you had an amazing week. Time to recover and think about how you’re gonna kill the next one.” – Anonymous
52. “Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life, don’t be afraid of changes; come when they are really needed. Have a wonderful Sunday.” – Anonymous
53. “A productive Sunday is the Sunday when you felt and learned something new.” – Anonymous
54. “Five steps to a productive Sunday: wake up early, get some fresh air, set a schedule, make time for yourself, and be goal-oriented.” – Anonymous
55. “Let this Sunday be a rainbow for the entire upcoming week.” – Anonymous
56. Sunday is the day of the week when I am most likely to take the road less traveled.” – Robert Frost
57. “Sunday set the tone for a productive and empowering week ahead.” – Anonymous
58. “Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “Give and accept pleasure, happiness, and laughter, because today is Sunday.” – Anonymous
60. “It’s Sunday! Let you be in harmony with yourself and with the outer world and spend this day brightly.” – Anonymous
Sunday Evening Quotes
61. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” – Catherine McCormack
62. “I try not to work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.” – Miley Cyrus
63. “Sitting with her on Sunday evening—a wet Sunday evening—the very time of all others when if a friend is at hand the heart must be opened, and everything told.” – Jane Austen
Short Sunday Quotes for Your Instagram Captions
64. “Sundays should come with a pause button.” – Anonymous
65. “Sunday is a good day to save the world in one’s pajamas.” – Adrienne Posey
66. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” – Haruki Murakami
67. “May your Sunday be full of fun and laughter.” – Kate Summers
68. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” – Elfriede Jelinek
69. “It can be sunny every day but not as authentic as on a Sunday.” – Anonymous
70. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Proverb
Funny Sunday Quotes to Make You Giggle
71. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” – Mark Morris
72. “If your Sunday doesn’t involve wine and yoga pants, you’re doing it wrong.” – Anonymous
73. “It’s Sunday; therefore, I am 100% motivated to do nothing today!” – Anonymous
74. “You know what Sunday is? It’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” – Polly Horvath
75. “Sunday. The day I planned a lot, but actually do nothing.” – Anonymous
76. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” – Anthony T. Hincks
77. “Warning: going to sleep on Sunday will cause Monday.” – Anonymous
78. “Sundays tend to be a day where I just do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” – Chuck Palahniuk
Sunday Quotes to Encourage Rest and Relaxation
79. “But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.” – Truman Capote
80. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” – Chris Klein
81. “How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” – Darnell Lamont Walker
Sunday Quotes That’ll Get You Excited for the Days Ahead
82. “You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
83. “Do not waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Matthew Kelly
84. “This is Sunday, and the question arises, ‘What’ll I start tomorrow?’” – Kurt Vonnegut
85. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To-Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” – Nanea Hoffman
What Do You Usually Do on Sundays?
It’s easy to take Sundays for granted. However, you have to make sure that every second of this day counts so you can recharge and ready yourself for the coming work week.
On Sundays, your priority is yourself! Don’t let your mind go into work mode; you need to relax, nurture your relationships with family and friends, and nourish your soul.
So, even if you feel lethargic, you must always greet yourself and others with a short but meaningful note reminding them that today is a happy Sunday! Remind yourself and the people around you that you are blessed to have a day for yourself.
Sunday mornings can seem slow, but Sunday evenings will seem incredibly fast. This is why we must find the right balance and just have fun!
You’ll burn out if you’re always tired and don’t take a break on weekends. This will then lead to unproductiveness and wasted effort and time.
With that, let the Sunday quotes above encourage you to make the most out of every day, especially Sundays! Have fun and recharge so you can equip yourself with the strength you need to conquer the next day!