There’s no better way to start the upcoming week than by reading this list of the best Sunday quotes!
The weekend may be short, but having Sundays make one’s life brighter and more enjoyable.
Typically, this day is regarded as a day for rest and relaxation. For Christians and other people who have similar beliefs, Sunday is also a day of worship and faith.
However, Sundays also give us the boost we need to start our weekdays and workweek with more enthusiasm.
As a continuation of our fun-filled Friday and relaxed Saturday, Sunday gives us mixed emotions.
We’re still caught up in the past weekend’s activities, but at the same time, we’re getting our minds ready for the week ahead.
No matter how you look at things, Sunday is an essential part of the week and our lives. So, to know more about it, check out our complete list below.
Continue reading here.
Best Sunday Quotes
1. “Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.” – Anonymous
2. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
3. “Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.” – Sera Train
4. “It’s Sunday, therefore I am 100% motivated to do nothing today!” – Anonymous
5. “Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for His priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.” – Anonymous
6. “Hello, Sunday. May you be blessed with love in your heart, happiness in your home, peace in your soul, and joy in your life.” – Anonymous
7. “Sunday was always the best of days for being the self you had intended to be, but were not, for one reason or another.” – Jesse Ball
8. “On this wonderful Sunday, don’t forget to be thankful for the little things in life.” – Anonymous
Famous Sunday Quotes
9. “Don’t waste a single Sunday. If you don’t waste Sundays, you will be less likely to waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.” – Anonymous
10. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Anonymous
11. “May you be surrounded with joy and happiness on this Sunday as it brings along a promise of yet another unforgettable week for you. Have a great Sunday!” – Anonymous
12. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” – Mark Morris
13. “Hello, Sunday. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.” – Anonymous
14. “Five steps to a productive Sunday: Wake up early, get some fresh air, set a schedule, make time for yourself, and be goal-oriented.” – Anonymous
15. “There are many persons who look on Sunday as a sponge to wipe out the sins of the week.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Sunday Quotes to Power You Up
16. “Sunday is your best day. You know you had an amazing week. Time to recover and think about how you’re gonna kill the next one.” – Anonymous
17. “Give and accept pleasure, happiness, and laughter, because today is Sunday.” – Anonymous
18. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.” – Bishop Gerald Causse
19. “This is your Sunday evening reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” – Anonymous
20. “Have a great Sunday! Experience life in all possible ways: good—bad, bitter—sweet, dark—light, summer—winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
21. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.” – Byron Pulsifer
22. “See life through the lens of a Sunday morning and everything will be easy.” – Anonymous
Great Sunday Quotes to Boost Your Mood
23. “It’s a beautiful Sunday! There are so many reasons to be happy and not to give up. Look around and cheer up.” – Anonymous
24. “It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us of how blessed we are.” – Anonymous
25. “It can be sunny every day but not as authentic as on a Sunday.” – Anonymous
26. “No matter how harsh every situation may be, there is always a Sunday to keep you calm. Happy Sunday!” – Anonymous
27. “Let this Sunday be a rainbow for the entire upcoming week! Shine and smile!” – Anonymous
28. “On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.” – Anonymous
29. “Open your heart and your eyes to all that you are blessed with this Sunday, be grateful!” – Anonymous
30. “Do not let the shadows of yesterday spoil your sunshine today. Have a beautiful Sunday.” – Anonymous
Sunday Quotes That Will Get You Excited
31. “Sunday is all about relaxing. Happiness will be overloaded when you do the desired things you want to do.” – Anonymous
32. “Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life, don’t be afraid of changes, they come when they are really needed. Have a wonderful Sunday.” – Anonymous
33. “Sunday is an excellent chance to start living your life to the fullest, do what you want, and forget about the consequences.” – Anonymous
34. “Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.” – Anonymous
35. “Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.” – Anonymous
Short Sunday Quotes to Reflect On
36. “May your Sunday be blessed with love, joy, peace, and happiness.” – Anonymous
37. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest. Now that’s something to be thankful for!” – Aaron P. Taylor
38. “Sundays should come with a pause button.” – Anonymous
39. “It’s Sunday. I don’t move on Sundays.” – Anonymous
40. “This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?” – Kurt Vonnegut
41. “Free yourself from all prejudices and let yourself go on Sunday.” – Anonymous
42. “Sunday checklist: do nothing and chill.” – Anonymous
Sunday Quotes for Those Who Need a Break
43. “If your Sunday doesn’t involve wine and yoga pants you’re doing it wrong.” – Anonymous
44. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” – Elfriede Jelinek
45. “The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday.” – Byron Pulsifer
46. “Why is Sunday a day of rest? Because it is different than all the rest.” – Byron Pulsifer
47. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.” – Anonymous
48. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.” – Linda Jones
49. “She swears lazy Sundays were made for her. Doing whatever it is she wants to do, even if it is, nothing at all.” – Anonymous
50. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” – Chris Klein
Sunday Quotes That You Will Enjoy
51. “Do not let your Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” – Albert Schweitzer
52. “Sunday was always the best of days for being the self you had intended to be, but were not, for one reason or another.” – Jesse Ball
53. “Take your life into your own hands and make this Sunday awesome!” – Anonymous
54. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” – Catherine McCormack
55. “You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.” – Polly Horvath
56. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere—heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
Sunday Quotes to Read Any Day of the Week
57. “Sundays—sleep until you’re hungry, then eat until you’re sleepy.” – Anonymous
58. “Smonday. The moment when Sunday stops feeling like a Sunday and the anxiety of Monday kicks in.” – Anonymous
59. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To-do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” – Nanea Hoffman
60. “How I long for the day to come when Sunday is every day of the week.” – Byron Pulsifer
61. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
62. “How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.” – Darnell Lamont Walker
63. “You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day.” – Byron Pulsifer
64. “It was the kind of Sunday to make one ache for Monday morning.” – Joan Didion
Also read: Good Morning Quotes
Sunday Quotes and Captions for Instagram
65. “Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.” – Anonymous
66. “Sunday—the day I planned a lot but did nothing.” – Lovely Goyal
67. “Good morning. Start where you are, use what you have, and do what you can. Happy Sunday.” – Anonymous
68. “Happy Sunday. It’s gonna be a bright, bright sun-shiny day.” – Anonymous
69. “Sunday. Rest day. Snuggle day. Happy day.” – Anonymous
70. “Today, give yourself a break! Happy Sunday!” – Anonymous
More Sunday Quotes
71. “Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes.” – Philibert Joseph Roux
72. “Oh dear Sunday, I want to sleep in your arms and have fun day.” – Santosh Kalwar
73. “Today is Sunday, so please conduct yourself accordingly. Sleep in, sip tea, lay around in your pajamas, listen to good music, and indulge yourself in an afternoon nap.” – Anonymous
74. “Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.” – Benjamin Franklin
75. “I try not to work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.” – Miley Cyrus
Is Sunday Your Favorite Day of the Week?
For most of the world, Sunday is the most important day of the week. While most people use this day to laze around, chill, and take time for themselves, many use it to prepare for whatever they’ll face the coming Monday.
What makes Sunday so great is that you’re given an option: do you just want to relax, or do you wish to busy yourself with to-do lists and plans? On this day, you don’t have to commit to anything—you get to do what you want to do. After all, nothing’s set on Sundays; you just go with the flow of life and take the time to enjoy the little things.
Sundays, no doubt, are special. This day reminds us that we have control over our lives. It gives us a chance to recharge, refuel, and reevaluate our goals for the weeks and months to come.
With that, we hope you were able to see the value of Sundays. Let this day give you the energy you need to face the upcoming week! Bookmark this collection for when you need a boost.
What does Sunday mean for you? Were you able to relate to any of these Sunday quotes? Share your thoughts below.