Feel the depths of Eric Draven’s pain when you read these The Crow quotes.
The Crow is a 1994 American movie based on James O’Barr’s comic of the same title. It talks about Eric Draven’s resurrection, newfound powers, and goal to avenge his and his girlfriend’s untimely death.
A year after their death, a crow tapped on Eric’s grave, waking him up and allowing him to step back into the world. Eric was disoriented and tried to get his bearings. Slowly, while recovering the memories that led to his death, the pain of their murder resurfaced.
Consumed by pain, Eric’s only goal was to get revenge. The crow guided him, and it also gave him immortality. This then led to an action-packed chase between him and the street gang members.
Pain is the driving force behind The Crow, and it teaches us how negative emotions can destroy people, relationships, and lives. So, read on to find the best quotes from the movie!
Best The Crow Quotes
1. “Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? Morphine is bad for you. Your daughter is out there on the streets waiting for you.” – Eric Draven
2. “People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right.” – Sarah Mohr
3. “If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.” – Sarah Mohr
4. Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “You’re the guy that murdered Tin Tin.”
Eric Draven: “He was already dead. He died a year ago the moment he touched her. They’re all dead. They just don’t know it yet.”
5. “Victims, aren’t we all?” – Eric Draven
6. “Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, ‘Childhood’s over the moment you know you’re gonna die.’” – Top Dollar
7. Myca: “He has power, but it is power you can take from him.”
Top Dollar: “I like him already.”
Myca: “The crow is his link between the land of the living and the realm of the dead.”
Grange: “So kill the crow and destroy the man.”
8. “I have something to give you. I don’t want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain all at once, all for you.” – Eric Draven
9. Sarah Mohr: “It’s more like surfing than skating. I wish the rain would stop just once.”
Eric Draven: “It can’t rain all the time.”
10. “A building gets torched, all that is left is ashes. I used to think that was true about everything, families, friends, and feelings. But now I know that sometimes if love proves real, two people who are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart.” – Sarah Mohr
The Crow Quotes to Give You Goosebumps
11. “Our friend T-bird won’t be joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death.” – Top Dollar
12. Sarah Mohr: “You’re going to say I shouldn’t be in the cemetery in the middle of the night, right?”
Eric Draven: “Safest place in the world to be.”
Sarah Mohr: “That’s ’cause everybody’s dead. I knew you’d come here.”
Eric Draven: “It’s really late, Sarah.”
Sarah Mohr: “You didn’t say goodbye.”
Eric Draven: “You’re just going to have to forgive me for that.”
13. “I’m not gonna kill you. Your job will be to tell the rest of them that death is coming for them tonight. Tell them Eric Draven sends his regards.” – Eric Draven
14. “Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy—now that’s fun!” – Top Dollar
15. Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Are you gonna vanish into thin air again?”
Eric Draven: “I thought I’d use your front door.”
16. Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Police! Don’t move. I said don’t move!”
Eric Draven: “I thought the police always said. ‘Freeze.’”
Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Well, I am the police, and I say, ‘Don’t move.’ Snow White, you move, you’re dead.”
Eric Draven: “And I say I’m dead, and I move.”
17. Eric Draven: “I can handle it. Don’t worry.”
Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “I’m not worried. Look, here’s the plan. You stay in front, and when they run out of ammo, I’ll arrest ’em.”
Eric Draven: “That sounds like a great plan. There’s just one problem.”
Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Oh, sh*t. You’re bleeding all over the place. I thought, you know, you were invincible.”
Eric Draven: “I was. I’m not anymore.”
Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Well, I guess you really will need my help, won’t you?”
18. Eric Draven: “Suddenly, I heard a tapping, as if someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.”
Gideon: “What the f*ck are you talking about?”
Eric Draven: “You heard me rapping, right?”
Gideon: “You’re trespassing. And you owe me a f*ckin’ new door!”
Eric Draven: “I’m looking for something in an engagement ring. Gold.”
Gideon: “Yeah. You’re looking for a coroner, sh*t-for-brains. Oh, sh*t. Oh, sh*t on me! Sh*t on me. Sh*t on me!”
Eric Draven: “Mr. Gideon. You’re not paying attention.”
19. Funboy: “Jesus Christ.”
Eric Draven: “Jesus Christ! Stop me if you’ve heard this one. Jesus Christ walks into a hotel—ow. He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks—.”
Funboy: “Don’t you ever f*cking die?”
Eric Draven: “Can you put me up for the night?”
20. Top Dollar: “All the power in the world resides in the eyes, fella. Sometimes they’re more useful than the people that bear them.”
Gideon: “You know, you’re directly out of your f*cking mind! You know that!”
Top Dollar: “Yeah. Eyes see. One of the most important things I learned from my sister.”
Gideon: “Sister? She’s supposed to be your sister?”
Top Dollar: “My father’s daughter. That’s right. What’s the matter? You don’t see the resemblance?”
More The Crow Quotes for Deep Thinkers
21. “Yeah. I shanked her pink *ss, and she loved it! Murderer? Murderer?! Let me tell you about murder. It’s fun, it’s easy, and you gonna learn all about it. I’d like you to meet two buddies of mine. We never miss.” – Tin Tin
22. “Abashed, the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.” – T-Bird
23. “Ya know, my daddy used to say every man’s got a devil. And you can’t rest till you find him.” – Top Dollar
24. Top Dollar: “Problem is, it’s all been done before.”
Criminal: “That’s no reason to quit.”
Top Dollar: “Wrong. Best reason to quit. Only reason to quit.”
25. “Quick impression for you: caw! Caw! Bang! F*ck, I’m dead!” – Top Dollar
26. Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “You, Sarah? Yeah, look. Your sister—she’s gonna be okay.”
Sarah Mohr: “She’s not my sister. Shelly just takes care of me. She’s my friend. Her and Eric. You lied to her about Eric.”
Sergeant Daryl Albrecht: “Look, I had to.”
Sarah Mohr: “And you’re lying to me about Shelly. She’s gonna die, isn’t she?”
27. “I knew I knew you. I knew I knew you. But you ain’t you. You can’t be you. We put you through the window. There ain’t no coming back. This is the really-real world, there ain’t no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain’t no coming back! There ain’t no coming back! There ain’t no coming back!” – T-Bird
28. T-Bird: “I got trouble. One of my crew got himself perished.”
Top Dollar: “Yeah, and who might that be?”
T-Bird: “Tin Tin. Somebody stuck his blades in all his major organs in alphabetical order.”
Top Dollar: “Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin Tin.”
29. Eric Draven: “Gentlemen!”
Top Dollar: “So, you’re him, huh? The avenger. The killer of killers. Like the outfit. Not sure about the face, though.”
Eric Draven: “I just want him.”
Top Dollar: “Well, you can’t have him.”
Eric Draven: “Well, I see you’ve made your decision.”
Top Dollar: “Aw, this is already boring the sh*t out of me. Kill him!”
30. “No, I want you to set a fire so goddamn big, the gods’ll notice us again, that’s what I’m sayin’. I want all of you boys to be able to look me straight in the eye one more time and say, ‘Are we having fun or what?’” – Top Dollar
Which The Crow Quote Struck Your Heart?
Vengeance itself is already a strong emotion. When coupled with love, it’s even more destructive. Eric loved Shelly with all his heart, and he loved her beyond their death.
At the movie’s end, we see Eric reunite with Shelly at their graves. There, she helps him finally move on after dealing with the pain in his heart. Through this, we see how accurate the quote, “Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever,” is.
Another lesson we could learn from The Crow is how volatile and subjective pain is. Top Dollar, the gang leader, felt he could easily control pain; thus, he freely inflicted it upon others. But, when Eric made him feel the same pain Shelly felt, he crumbled.
This particular snippet of the movie shows us how subjective pain is and why we shouldn’t compare our pain with others. Moreover, we must also always be mindful of our actions and words. We never know when we can cause others pain, so it’s better to be more careful.
The Crow might seem like your simple action or thriller movie. However, remember that things are always more profound than they appear. With that, we hope we were able to provide you with a better understanding of what the movie wants to impart through this list!