Come along and explore the best Bucky Barnes quotes that will take you to the world of our favorite Marvel heroes!
People of all ages looked up to a hero at one point in their lives, and some of the most well-known heroes we have today are the Marvel superheroes. Despite being introduced as a villain at first, Bucky Barnes is one of those heroes we look up to now.
Bucky Barnes is not your typical protagonist. He has an incredible backstory that takes you to a time when he was used as a killing machine. Fortunately, he returned to his senses, owned up to his mistakes, and did his best to become better with the help of his friends.
His friendship with Steve Rogers, and later, the rest of the Avengers, is definitely something that can inspire all of us. So, if you want to know more, make sure you read through to the end!
And don’t forget to check out these Loki quotes and WandaVision quotes.
Best Bucky Barnes Quotes
1. “The thing is, you don’t have to. I’m with you ’til the end of the line, pal.”
2. “This isn’t a back alley, Steve. It’s war!”
3. “This is new for me. okay? I didn’t have a moment to deal with anything. I only had a little calm in Wakanda. And other than that, I just went from one fight to another for 90 years.”
4. “Steve believed in you. He trusted you. He gave you that shield for a reason. That shield that is—that is everything he stood for. That is his legacy. He gave you that shield, and you threw it away like it was nothing.”
5. “So maybe he was wrong about you. And if he was wrong about you, then he was wrong about me.”
6. “Look, that shield represents a lotta things to a lotta people, including me. The world is upside down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain’t gonna be Walker. So before you destroy it, I’ll take it from him myself.”
7. “I can’t trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing—for everybody.”
Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes Quotes
8. Steve Rogers: “Don’t do anything stupid until I come back.”
Bucky Barnes: “How can I? You’re taking all the stupid with you.”
9. Steve Rogers: “Where are we going?”
Bucky Barnes: “The future.”
10. Bucky Barnes: “What happened to you?”
Steve Rogers: “I joined the army.”
11. Steve Rogers: “You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?”
Bucky Barnes: “Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I’m following him.”
12. Bucky Barnes: “What’s gonna happen to your friends?”
Steve Rogers: “Whatever it is—I’ll deal with it.”
13. Bucky Barnes: “I don’t know if I’m worth all this, Steve.”
Steve Rogers: “What you did all those years, it wasn’t you. You didn’t have a choice.”
14. Steve Rogers: “I thought you were dead.”
Bucky Barnes: “I thought you were smaller.”
15. Steve Rogers: “Bucky?”
Bucky Barnes: “Who the hell is Bucky?”
16. Bucky Barnes: “This isn’t payback, is it?”
Steve Rogers: “Now why would I do that?”
17. Steve Rogers: “This doesn’t have to end in a fight, Buck.”
Bucky Barnes: “It always ends in a fight.”
18. Steve Rogers: “You know me.”
Bucky Barnes: “No, I don’t!”
Steve Rogers: “Bucky, you’ve known me your entire life. Your name is James Buchanan Barnes—.”
Bucky Barnes: “Shut up!”
19. Bucky Barnes: “Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone on Coney Island?”
Steve Rogers: “Yeah, and I threw up?”
20. Steve Rogers: “Buck, do you remember me?”
Bucky Barnes: “Your mom’s name was Sarah; you used to wear newspapers in your shoes.”
Short Bucky Barnes Quotes to Revisit His Most Memorable Scenes
21. “You’re my mission.”
22. “We’re gonna do it our own way.”
23. “Man, I love this place.”
24. “Oh, not bad for the end of the world.”
25. “People need something to get behind.”
26. “Great, so no plan.”
27. “I thought we were going left?”
28. “It’s actually White Wolf.”
29. “Shouldn’t have given up the shield.”
Bucky Barnes Quotes That’ll Remind You of the Winter Soldier
30. “I am not the only Winter Soldier.”
31. “I’m not a killer anymore.”
32. “Well, I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy.”
33. “I got a vibranium arm. I can take them.”
34. “I remember all of them.”
Funny Bucky Barnes Quotes
35. “Hey. Pick on someone your own size.”
36. Sam Wilson: “You’re talking about our friends.”
Bucky Barnes: “The Avengers, not the Nazis.”
37. Bucky Barnes: “You couldn’t have done that earlier?”
Sam Wilson: “I hate you.”
38. “Sometimes, I think you like getting punched.”
39. Bucky Barnes: “Can you move your seat up?”
Sam Wilson: “No.”
40. Sam Wilson: “What’s going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?”
Bucky Barnes: “It’s computing.”
41. “You know, you’re a cynic, Doc. Of course, I completed rule number three.”
42. “Look, let me just walk you through a hypothetical. Can I walk you through a hypothetical?”
43. Sam Wilson: “I have a feeling they might be a part of the Big Three.”
Bucky Barnes: “What ‘Big Three’?”
Sam Wilson: “Androids, aliens, and wizards.”
44. “Well—I don’t always think of it immediately. I’m right-handed.”
More Bucky Barnes Quotes for All Marvel Fans
45. “The 107th. Sergeant James Barnes, shipping out for England first thing tomorrow.”
46. “You ever jump on top of a grenade?”
47. “You gonna do the notebook thing? It’s passive-aggressive.”
48. “In my miracle, he would—he would talk less.”
49. “I read The Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out.”
50. “I was texting and so, all I heard was, ‘a Black guy in stars and stripes.’”
Do You Have a Friend Who Will Stand Beside You No Matter What Happens?
We all need a good friend who can drag us back whenever we lose our way. When we feel down, a friend who pushes us and gives us confidence is a need. This is the kind of friendship that Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers have.
Bucky Barnes lost himself and his purpose because of others’ wrongdoings. However, his friends helped him atone for his mistakes and helped him regain his true self.
There’s no doubt that friendship is one of the critical points that the MCU tries to impart with its viewers. But, this is even more highlighted when we see Bucky and Steve fighting and overcoming things together.
Remember that friendship is a mutual relationship composed of love, respect, compassion, and trust. With that, we hope these quotes were able to motivate you to find a friend like Bucky Barnes or Stever Rogers, who will stay with you in both the good and bad seasons of your life.
What can you say about Steve and Bucky’s friendship? Which Bucky Barnes quotes struck you the most? Please, share your thoughts with us!