Read these time flies quotes and be reminded of what you should truly focus on in life!
When you think of a person’s lifetime, it’s easy to get tricked into believing that we’ll be on this planet for a long time—that we have all the time in the world to pursue the things we want to do and spend time with the people we love.
But that’s a myth. The truth is that time flies—it flies so fast that we don’t even notice it.
Starting now, we should be more aware of the value of everyone’s time, especially our own. Our time in this world is finite, and we shouldn’t put off doing the things we love any longer.
So, to help you make the most of every second, we’ve gathered some of the best time flies quotes out there.
Read through our entire collection below and be more aware of how precious and valuable each second of life is!
And don’t forget to check out these time is precious quotes.
Best Time Flies Quotes
1. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
2. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. “Time flies when you’re in the place you’re meant to be.” – Anonymous
4. “Time flies sometimes like a bird, sometimes crawls like a worm, but a man feels particularly well when he does not even notice that the time flies away.” – Ivan Turgenev
5. “‘Time flies?’ ‘You know, like, time goes really fast, and suddenly you’re saying goodbye, and it’s like no time passed at all?’ His eyes drifted. He liked it. ‘Time flies.’ ‘With you,’ she added.” – Mitch Albom
6. “Time flies. Time flies faster every year. Time flies whether you’re having fun or not, whether you’re living your life big or small, whether you surround yourself with fear or laughter.” – Claire Cook
7. “Time flies so fast after youth is past that we cannot accomplish one-half the many things we have in mind or, indeed, one-half of our duties.” – Anonymous
8. “Make the most of time; it flies away so fast, yet method will teach you to win time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
9. “Time flies so slowly if you are unaware of it and so quickly if you are aware of it.” – Anonymous
10. “Life is flying by. You don’t have time to waste another minute being negative, offended, or bitter. If someone did you wrong, get over it and move forward.” – Joel Osteen
11. “Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by, and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.” – Anonymous
12. “Sometimes time flies away so fast we don’t get to analyze or understand the worth of someone or something in our life. But just like coins flip to their side as the other time-tossed, life also brings before the opportunities to re-achieve the unachieved ones. So don’t regret at any fucking point in life, because what time takes from you, it gives you that the other way. So just wait for the right time and go with the flow. Life will always give you fruits, my friend.” – Shreeyon Das
Famous Time Flies Quotes
13. “Time meanwhile is flying, flying beyond recall.” – Virgil
14. Time flies when you are having fun.” – Albert Einstein
15. “Time moves slowly but passes quickly.” – Alice Walker
16. “Time flies when you’re changing the world.” – Craig Kielburger
17. “We are aboard inside time, as it flies and never wears out.” – Ronnie Cornelisz
18. “They say time flies, but you keep breaking its wings.” – Tablo
19. “Life is a mix of the ‘time is not passing’ and ‘the time flies so fast.’” – Anonymous
Also read: Famous Quotes
Time Flies Quotes That’ll Make You Cherish Every Second
20. “Time flies, but memories last forever. Start creating positive memories from this moment onwards.” – Anonymous
21. “Time is a brisk wind, for each hour it brings something new.” – Paracelsus
22. “Enjoy the now. Time flies; enjoy it while you can.” – Eddie Jemison
23. “We have had a good time while we were young, but it is in the nature of time to fly.” – T.H. White
24. “The most beautiful moments always seemed to accelerate and slip beyond one’s grasp just when you want to hold onto them for as long as possible.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
25. “Everything will eventually come to an end, so try to savor the moment because time flies, doesn’t it? The beauty of life—you gotta make it last for the better because nothing lasts forever.” – Anonymous
Powerful Time Flies Quotes to Guide You in Life
26. “Time flies, and what is past is done.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
27. “The velocity with which time flies is infinity, as is most apparent to those who look back.” – Anonymous
28. “It is impossible for me to remember how many days or weeks went by in this way. Time is round, and it rolls quickly.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
29. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” – Robert Orben
30. “When you’re engaged in what you love to do, it’s like driving in the fast lane. Time flies by, and more roads open up to you, alternate routes you may not have even known existed.” – T. Harv Eker
31. “Time flies, memories fade, and people change, but deep down, it still hurts.” – Anonymous
32. “Time is the pivot of life activities. When you miss a second, you miss a time in your lifetime! Time is undoubtedly the greatest asset one can ever acquire. The ultimate and real time is in the mind. Time is thought, and thought is time. To mind your time, mind your thought! To mind your life, mind your time!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
33. “Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All of us want more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go.” – Anonymous
34. “Time flies so fast, and before you know it, you’re getting older. Your parents aren’t getting any younger, and your friends are out there chasing their dreams. What does this all mean? Life is too short to waste your precious time with someone who doesn’t value you for who you are and what you’re worth as a person. Make every moment count.” – Anonymous
Also read: Powerful Quotes
Short Time Flies Quotes That You Need to Remember
35. “Time flies, whether you’re wasting it or not.” – Crystal Woods
36. “Time flies, but not memories.” – Ika Natassa
37. “Time flies so fast for those who can’t fly.” – Tamerlan Kuzgov
38. “And time flies just like melting ice!” – Nikhil Bhatia
39. “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” – Groucho Marx
40. “Time flies when you are on an emotional roller coaster.” – Kaitlyn Bristowe
Time Flies Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
41. “The leaves fall and grow back on the trees. But as we grow older we never come back to youth. Time flies. Make the best out of it.” – Anonymous
42. “Time always has a way of showing what is important to us. A smile, a hug, gentle words of ‘I miss you,’ ‘I love you.’ Do not let time pass by without expressing how you really feel. Moments do not stay here forever; they fly away like the wind.” – Mimi Novic
43. “Doesn’t it scare you sometimes how time flies and nothing changes?” – Ika Natassa
44. “Time flies and draws us with it. The moment in which I am speaking is already far from me.” – Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux
45. “Most of us take for granted that time flies, meaning that it passes too quickly. But in the mindful state, time doesn’t really pass at all. There is only a single instant of time that keeps renewing itself over and over with infinite variety.” – Deepak Chopra
46. “Time flies like anything. Time teaches us many things. Don’t cry for anything. But try for something. Life goes on, we have to move on. Don’t run after fame and name. Accept reality.” – Anonymous
47. “We forget time flies by, and life moves on. So be polite, well-mannered, and kind. Hold the door for the person behind you. Say thank you when someone does something nice for you. Say please when asking. Visit your grandparents. Call your mom. Hang out with your siblings and teach your kids to do the same when they grow up. Life is a gift. Don’t waste someone else’s by being mean.” – Breanna Brotherton
Time Flies Quotes That You Need to Read Today
48. “You can not sit on the hands of time and stop it from ticking. It will keep ticking with or without you.” – Christine E. Szymanski
49. “Time flies so fast because it does not have any guidance. Like the moon at its zenith or the horizon.” – Albert Camus
50. “During the past five years, I’ve learned that time flies faster than you think, and because you only live once, you have to learn from your mistakes, live your dreams, and be accountable.” – Lindsay Lohan
51. “People always talk about how time flies; it’s become a sort of a colloquialism now. You don’t really understand it until you reach your late 30s and early 40s—and I’m sure time will move even faster as I get older.” – Ben Gibbard
Deep Time Flies Quotes for Your Curious Mind
52. “Time flies so fast. Day by day left us. With or without smiles, the new days will come.” – Nunki Artura
53. Time flies apace—we would fain believe that everything flies forward with it.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
54. “The minutes rushed past, without compassion for my enthusiasm.” – Nicola Lecca
55. “Time flies, it’s true. But what kind of wings does it have, butterfly wings, bat wings, or eagle wings? None. It has the wings of a duck, which is why I’m surprised nobody in history has noticed that time also swims.” – Jarod Kintz
56. “As the wave is driven by wave, and each, pursued, pursues the wave ahead, so time flies on and follows, flies, and follows, always, forever and new. What was before is left behind; what never was is now, and every passing moment is renewed.” – Ovid
57. “Unfortunately, the clock is ticking; the hours are going by. The past increases and the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.” – Haruki Murakami
Time Flies Quotes to Keep In Your Heart
58. “It seemed time flies when you aren’t having fun.” – Jason Medina
59. “It’s crazy how fast time flies and how things progress.” – Nathan Chen
60. “Yes, time flies. And where did it leave you? Old too soon, smart too late.” – Mike Tyson
61. “Time flies when you’re running out of money.” – James Cook
Funny Time Flies Quotes for a Good Laugh
62. “Time flies when you’re multitasking.” – Bert McCoy
63. “Time flies when you’re being stupid.” – David Henry Hwang
64. “Time flies when you are having fun. Stay bored and live forever.” – Anonymous
65. “Man, time really flies when you take two naps a day.” – Anonymous
66. “Time flies when you’re not on the treadmill.” – Anonymous
67. “Time flies, so make sure you spend a lot of time in bed. Doing naughty and fun things.” – Anonymous
Other Time Flies Quotes for Parents
68. “I wish I could freeze time or go back in time and watch my kids grow up all over again because it is just going by too fast.” – Robert Rodriguez
69. “When you see a baby smile, it lights up his or her face, and you just want to keep starting. Time flies whether you’re having fun or not, whether you’re living your life big or small, whether you surround yourself with fear or laughter.” – Anonymous
70. “Our children are only ever lent to us. We never know just how long we will be able to keep them for. So kiss them, cuddle them, praise them, and hold them tightly. But most of all, tell them you love them every day.” – Carly Marie
Did the Quotes in This List Encourage You to Spend More Time Doing the Things That Truly Make You Happy?
As humans, we tend to put off doing the things we enjoy and instead prioritize conforming to others’ wants. We want—so badly—to fit in and please the people around us that we forget to dedicate time to our passions, hobbies, and the people we love.
However, if we keep doing this, we’ll slowly realize how much time we’ve wasted on the wrong things. As we grow older, it’s becoming much more apparent that time flies by us so fast that we don’t even notice that time is running out.
Nothing in this world is final. You won’t even be 100% sure that you’ll still be around when tomorrow comes. So, start prioritizing yourself right this instant!
Take this list of quotes as a sign to put the utmost value on the people and things that truly matter to you. Remember, time is a limited resource, and you should always put yourself first!