The clock will keep on ticking with or without us, so read through this list of time is precious quotes to change the way you perceive life!
Sometimes, we live like robots—only living our routines and never trying to explore new things.
We feel like we have all the time in the world for fun and adventures after work and other responsibilities. But, in reality, our time is running low, and we have to live as if every moment is our last.
Time is something we can never buy or get back. So, to help you realize how precious and priceless it is, we’ve created a collection of the best time is precious quotes.
Read through to the end, and open your eyes to the value of every second and every moment!
Continue reading below.
And make sure to check out these time flies quotes.
Best Time Is Precious Quotes
1. “Time is man’s most precious asset. All men neglect it, all regret the loss of it, and nothing can be done without it.” – Voltaire
2. “Time is the most precious element of human existence. The successful person knows how to put energy into time and how to draw success from time.” – Denis Waitley
3. “It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Every hour has its own value. Every minute is precious. Every second is irreplaceable.” – Nouman Ali Khan
6. “Cherish time. Your most valuable resource. You can never make up the time you lose. The most important choices you’ll ever make are how you use your time.” – David Kekich
7. “Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time.” – Benjamin Disraeli
8. “Each moment is just what it is. It might be the only moment of our life; it might be the only strawberry we’ll ever eat. We could get depressed about it, or we could finally appreciate it and delight in the preciousness of every single moment of our life.” – Pema Chodron
9. “Time is the most precious gift in our possession, for it is the most irrevocable. This is what makes it so disturbing to look back upon the time which we have lost. Time lost is time when we have not lived a full human life, time unenriched by experience, creative endeavor, enjoyment, and suffering. Time lost is time not filled, time left empty.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Inspiring Time Is Precious Quotes
10. “Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination; Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Lord Chesterfield
11. “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” – Harvey Mackay
12. “Time is a gift that most of us take for granted. We get so caught up in the busyness of our daily lives that we rarely stop and take a serious look at how we’re spending this gift.” – Cheryl Richardson
13. “Time is a precious commodity. If you have not been enlightened to this actuality in your youth, you most certainly will in old age.” – Adam Jacobs
14. “Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is—the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
Time Is Precious Quotes for a More Fulfilling Life
15. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
16. “Time is precious. Make sure you spend it with the right people.” – Anonymous
17. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff that life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
18. “As far as I know, you only get one shot at this life. It only goes around once, and time is precious. When I’m not working, you’d better spend that time with someone important.” – Benjamin Bratt
19. “‘Follow your heart, Ithilnin,’ Albirich repeated. ‘Time is precious. Don’t waste it living someone else’s life.’” – Jess C. Scott
20. “Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom.” – Max Lucado
21. “Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment in life.” – Anonymous
Also read: Quality Time Quotes
Short Time Is Precious Quotes to Treasure
22. “Everything matters. Time is precious.” – Jessica Hagedorn
23. “Time is non-refundable; use it with intention.” – Anonymous
24. “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin
25. “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.” – Theophrastus
26. “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
27. “Every second is of infinite value.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
28. “Time slips away like grains of sand, never to return again.” – Robin Sharma
29. “The only real luxury is time. You can’t get time back.” – Anonymous
Time Is Precious Quotes for a Fresh Take on the World
30. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
31. “Every day is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we’ve got 24 hours each.” – Christopher Rice
32. “Time can’t be bought in a store, and it’s one of the most sought-after commodities of modern life.” – Rachel Jonat
33. “Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got.” – Art Buchwald
34. “When you are doing one thing—talking on your phone, texting, whatever—you are automatically not doing something else. What is the greatest scarcity in the world today? It’s not oil. It’s time. Time is precious. Don’t throw it away.” – Martin Cooper
35. “Time is a slippery thing: lose hold of it once, and its string might sail out of your hands forever.” – Anthony Doerr
Profound Time Is Precious Quotes That’ll Have Your Mind Reeling
36. “An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you can’t buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.” – Chinese Proverb
37. “With endless time, nothing is special. With no loss or sacrifice, we can’t appreciate what we have.” – Mitch Albom
38. “Money, I can only gain or lose. But the time I can only lose. So, I must spend it carefully.” – Anonymous
39. “Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future has not come, and the present becomes the past, even while we attempt to define it.” – Charles Caleb Colton
40. “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
Time Is Precious Quotes to Think About
41. “If time is precious, no book that will not improve by repeated readings deserves to be read at all.” – Thomas Carlyle
42. “There’s only one thing more precious than our time, and that’s who we spend it on.” – Leo Christopher
43. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
44. “One day, we begin to realize just how precious time really is and that just because someone is here today doesn’t mean they will be here tomorrow. We realize that arguments are a waste of time and that each moment spent with loved ones will be cherished forever in our hearts.” – Anonymous
More Precious Time Quotes
45. “Time is so valuable that if you pay millions of golden coins, you cannot get back a moment.” – Anonymous
46. “There are no refunds on misspent time.” – Jack Butcher
47. “‘Time is money,’ says the proverb. But turn it around, and you get a precious truth. Money is time.” – George Robert Gissing
48. “One of the main problems in families today is that we spend less and less time together. Time together is precious time-time needed to talk, to listen, to encourage, and to show how to do things.” – James E. Faust
49. “Oh, how precious time is! Blessed are those who know how to make good use of it.” – St. Pio of Pietrelcina
50. “Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank, its name is time. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off at a loss, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against ‘tomorrow.’ You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and health. The clock is running. Make the most of today.” – Anonymous
Do You Believe That Time Is a Precious Commodity We Can Never Get Back?
We’re raised in a culture that prioritizes work and other achievements more than personal development. Because of this, people tend to think that they have to work themselves to the bone all the time to get that promotion, to get the job they want, or to achieve the rewards they long to get. However, life is much more than these things.
Life is about spending time with yourself and with the people you love. Life is about exploring new places and new hobbies. Life is about appreciating every second and every moment of every day.
Time—like life—is extremely precious. The time we lose by focusing on things that don’t make us happy is time we can never get back. This is why we must make good use of our time—by using it for things we love and the things that make us happy and fulfilled.
Relax, take a break, and read through this collection again whenever you feel like you’re getting lost in all your responsibilities. Remember, life is about making the most out of our time. So spend time wisely and always prioritize what makes your heart bloom with love and happiness!